It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago man chokes 8-year-old girl in public bathroom

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have a few questions. What does a pedophile have to do with trans folks? Was this pedo dressed as a woman? If not again, what does a pedo have to do with trans people? Don't you think that this story is conveniently timed?
I think this is extreme reaching for those that don't care for transgenders.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: SlapMonkey

there was nothing stopping anyone from stopping the guy from entering the bathroom either, or following behind him to ensure he wasn't up to no good. this is chicago... they haven't legally stepped foot into the fray yet.

There shouldn't HAVE TO BE someone there to stop him from going in there and doing what he did. And legally or not, Chicago is backing this ridiculous notion that bathrooms should be gender-neutral--whether or not it's official policy yet. I just returned from a trip to Chicagoland last week, and I'll tell you from experience that you are hard-pressed to find any place that would stop a guy or girl from going into a bathroom labeled for the opposite sex. I know, because I specifically asked to see what the employees of many of these places would say.

So, official policy or not, the attitude of acceptance allows this to happen, too.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

weren't you the one just saying that you would be going into the ladies room with a gun??

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
No but the whole bathroom thing opens the door. Why people deny it? Is political correctness that important? Yes shall know them by the fruits of their lAbor and this is the fruit of sjw's

Really? Was there some magic force field keeping the pervs out prior to this?

Yes it was called "guys don't go into the ladies room decorum "

But would that decorum stop a rapists anymore than a gun free zone will stop a shooter?

Lawbreakers are not going to follow a law let alone a decorum.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
SlapMonkey

The thing is, though, this guy wasn't identifying himself as a woman. That was just a spin the OP put on this story to try and politicize it.

Understood, and that is a major reason why I despise these new policies--you can't prove someone's intent or reasoning for using a restroom of the opposite sex, yet they refuse to ask 'why' before an opposite-sex person enters the room.

We need to bring back bathroom attendees, and this might help the issue. Or just move the store greeter to be the restroom greeter and see how that inhibits this type of crap.

But no store would do that, because they'd be worried it'd open themselves up to a lawsuit in this age of 'accept everything and question nothing.' It's utterly ridiculous.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What the hell is wrong with people ?

First off a little girl got choked, and possibly would have been raped.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Let's bicker back and forth over petty politics.

BLah.

Parents you need to change the way you do things.

CLEAR a bathroom before you use it, or let your kids use it.

So gender bans on bathrooms would stop rapists?

Ok then by your logic gun free zones should work too.

(braces for the tantrum)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
SlapMonkey

So tell me then, what is stopping pedophiles and general creepers from doing any of this sans "bathroom laws"?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I remember bathroom attendees from my youth, also remember having to pay to use the bathroom at the places that had them. probably why they went out of style.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

weren't you the one just saying that you would be going into the ladies room with a gun??

Well, to be fair, I carry every day, so it's not like it would be unusual for me to do so.

But what did anything that I just said in response to you have anything to do with that? My point is that people shouldn't have to feel a need to question someone using the restroom, because they should be using the appropriate one...the sign is on the door for a reason. These new PC policies designed to make a tiny minority of the population comfortable will end up doing more harm than good.

This poor girl is the early stage of proof for this. Feminists must be having an identity crisis with this incident.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'd rather pay a buck to use the restroom than for the therapist for my 8-year-old after she was attacked.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

So business closing their restrooms to the public would stop all the snip going on right now.

Everyone gets' banned.

A policy that would have prevented a little girl from getting choked.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

this poor girl is just the latest victim of a crime that has happened many times before, before the word "transgender" was even known to most americans.. it is proof of nothing except that we have sick souls in society!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
People Drunk the cultural
Marxist kool ade
edit on 25-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: Darn auto correct

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
SlapMonkey

So tell me then, what is stopping pedophiles and general creepers from doing any of this sans "bathroom laws"?

Nothing.

These new policies are just making it exponentially easier, and that's the main complaint from most people against these policies.

In another thread I did the leg work to find out the statistics, and it was something similar to this: Transgendered people in our population make up, at most, 0.3% of the population. Rapists make up about 6% of the population (male and female). In college, where these open-bathroom policies are really taking off, 25% of males students admitted that they have sexually assaulted or raped someone while there.

So, these policies give access to a sector of society where, at the least, they make up 20x the population of transgender folks, and we think that this is a grand idea?

In which reality?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

to be honest, if I owned a business, I'd probably be borrowing the money to transform by bathrooms to so that it wouldn't matter what sex you were...use the one that is open!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

at most, 0.3% of the population.

And of that .0001% actually bothers to vote.

But it's a GD national crisis!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

to be honest, if I owned a business, I'd probably be borrowing the money to transform by bathrooms to so that it wouldn't matter what sex you were...use the one that is open!

You shouldn't have to.

Business owners would go out of business if they had to cater to EVERY neurosis of the public.
edit on 25-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No--the fact that he wasn't even questioned about going into the bathroom (assuming people saw him enter) is the problem. The fact that these types of policies enable the unquestioned use of opposite-sex bathrooms is the problem.

Absolutely sick people exist--let's not give them easier access to the temptations that drive their sick desires and make it easier for said desires to manifest into action.

Why is that so difficult to understand/believe/accept?

You don't leave the cookie jar in reach of the cookie monster, do you? You don't give him keys to the Keebler Elves' tree, do you?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And of that .0001% actually bothers to vote.

But it's a GD national crisis!

Right?

Not only a crisis, but apparently an impossible intellectual feat for some to comprehend that these policies will open the doors to more harm than good, negatively affecting a larger slice of the population than will ever be positively affected on a personal basis.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Borrowing money to appease such ignorant policy is apparently the American way these days. Funny how laws and public policy rarely ever ease the monetary burden for people...

And to be fair, after you borrowed the money, you'd have to raise the price of your services/goods in order to pay for the new loan, so everybody loses!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join