It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid vows to 'stop' Clinton from picking certain running mates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
U,S, Senator Harry Reid will be doing his best to stop Hillary from selecting a VP running mate that HE doesn't want.

I imagine he will be smearing anybody he does not like.

His big "concern" seems to be with a VP being from a State with a Republican Governor !!!

All he refers to is a "Senator" from a (R) State because that Governor could select a Republican replacement (if s/he becomes VP).

Nothing like self-proclaiming your own interim dictatorship is there Harry?

Something's not right with Harry. Can't put my finger on it though.

But he might have a valid point anyway.

Reid vows to 'stop' Clinton from picking certain running mates

Add Harry Reid to the list of troubles dogging Hillary Clinton as she stumbles toward the Democratic nomination for president.

The powerful Senate minority leader delivered an unusual warning to Clinton on selecting a running mate, vowing to "do whatever I can" to stop her from choosing a Democratic senator from a state led by a Republican governor.

“If we have a Republican governor in any of those states, the answer is not only no, but hell no and I would do whatever I can, and I think most of my Democratic colleagues here would say the same thing," Reid, D-Nev. said on MSNBC’s “AM Joy” Monday. “I would yell and scream to stop that.”

What Difference does it MAKE ?

edit on May-24-2016 by xuenchen because: tred-milling

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
do democrats haunt your dreams ?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
do democrats haunt your dreams ?

Probably Harry's dreams do.

dumb answer for a dumb question

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I posted this information in a Harry Reid thread this morning. Should I have created a spanking brand new thread? It's a low priority story. Is ATS OK with us starting threads for low priority stories?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

are there any positive threads about the great policies the republicans are going to bring us ?

all you do is whine about the dems

is there anything to be proud about on the other side ?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I posted this information in a Harry Reid thread this morning. Should I have created a spanking brand new thread? It's a low priority story. Is ATS OK with us starting threads for low priority stories?

I did not see your comment in the thread you speak of so I was unaware of this. Now I am aware.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I did not see your comment in the thread you speak of so I was unaware of this. Now I am aware.

hmmmmmmmm.........strange reply

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

That's OK, Malbosia. I just have to get over my tendency to add relevant information to existing threads. It stems from years of belonging to profession-related business and I.T. forums. ATS is soooo different in that regard. But it's fun here! :-)
-cwm

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

You can expect silence. He wouldnt dare smear mitch.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

He won't have to do much, Hillary if she wins will desperately need the support of Congress and be needed to further the parties interests in exchange for support. Picking someone that doesn't disadvantage them in Congress is a basic requirement.

This is a complete non story, let me flip it around for you. Trump said he's looking for someone with legislative experience which means he's looking for a Senator/Rep. Do you think he's going to pick one that would allow a Democrat governor to appoint a Democrat replacement? This is the exact same thing.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I expect the Clinton Camp will look to place a Hispanic male on the VP ticket. Politically locking up the Hispanic vote makes a lot of sense and makes life tough for the GOP. Since Clinton would have co-presidency with her husband any VP would be relegated to waiting for the phone to ring in their office. Who would be willing to take on the role? The biggest hurdle to Clinton finding a VP may be that no wants to be on the outer in such a manner.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

“If we have a Republican governor in any of those states, the answer is not only no, but hell no and I would do whatever I can, and I think most of my Democratic colleagues here would say the same thing," Reid, D-Nev. said on MSNBC’s “AM Joy” Monday. “I would yell and scream to stop that.

Just goes to show.

The left really doesn't believe in democracy.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

“If we have a Republican governor in any of those states, the answer is not only no, but hell no and I would do whatever I can, and I think most of my Democratic colleagues here would say the same thing," Reid, D-Nev. said on MSNBC’s “AM Joy” Monday. “I would yell and scream to stop that.

Just goes to show.

The left really doesn't believe in democracy.

What part of a candidate picking who shares a ticket with them is democratic? What part of a governor appointing a replacement member of Congress is democratic?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Hillary is an establishment whore.

She will do what she is told to do.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I want to apologize for the above post.

I, by no means, meant to insult whores.

I'm sorry.

top topics

join