It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE NOW at DePaul University!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
(post by mOjOm removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Milo just tweeted:

Milo Yiannopoulos ✘ ‏@Nero
Appalling that @DePaulU security, which I paid for, refused to remove a man from stage who threatened to hit me.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Which is exactly what should have happened. Remove the guy threatening violence and proceed. Too bad that it didn't happen.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If the police removed the threatening man, then they would have denied his right to infringe on someone else's rights to free speech!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Cool. Can we bring pistol duels back to solve our debates? Trial by combat?

You sir have offended me. Prepare your pistol!!!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's against the law to threaten someone with violence. His free speech has nothing to do with it at that point. He has the Right of Free Speech but Violence against another isn't speech.

He should have stuck with just yelling I suppose. Not that doing that is productive or the correct way to use your free speech but at least he wouldn't have been breaking the law by being violent.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That's exactly what should have happened. ...only reason it didn't is because of intimidation.

The next ten to fifteen years are going to be very interesting. I'd be lying if I denied that some small part of me is actually looking forward to it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Doesn't matter.

They got their way and another voice was silenced tonight.

[sarc ]Makes me proud to be American!
[/sarc ]

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm not even reading your posts man.

I don't care what you have to say.

Write whatever you want it doesn't matter to me.

You have the Right of Free Speech. Luckily I have the Right to just Ignore everything you say. All you seem to do is twist every conversation.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: neo96

I don't see anyone being silenced. Although that whistle was annoying and I'm glad that's gone.

But I don't see any debate either. Just people sitting around bitching about nothing so far. Isn't there any structure to this thing???

Not in this video. But you ought to watch what happens when he "offends" someone and they rush on stage to silence him. You ought to be aware when he gets "banned" from a university campus because his VIEWS might "offend" children who need a "safe space." This guy is brilliant, and you would not survive a debate with him.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Which is exactly what should have happened. Remove the guy threatening violence and proceed. Too bad that it didn't happen.

Won't happen because the out of control progressives have created an environment where any attempt to do just that would be labelled as racist and upsetting to the minorities.

So they refrain.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well that's pretty sad when the Security is too intimidated to do it's job correctly. What's the point in having them there then??

They should have just removed the people who were getting violent or breaking the rules, if there were any rules.

Whoever was supposed to have control over that debate blew it completely. There wasn't any control over anything.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Much like Milo experienced.

So much for manners, and decorum.

Dropping the F bomb in the thread.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

That's exactly what should have happened. ...only reason it didn't is because of intimidation.

The next ten to fifteen years are going to be very interesting. I'd be lying if I denied that some small part of me is actually looking forward to it.

Time to start building my AR-10. Interesting times indeed. The LA riots will be small stuff compared to what is coming down the pike.

I hope it doesn't come to that. I really wouldn't handle the "other side" all to well.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Don't read them then, why announce it? That's a bitch move.

This whole conversation is about the stifling of free speech through threats of violence, which occurred before our very eyes, and yet I am twisting this ? yea get real, your people look like idiots time and time again as each video surfaces, and it's getting harder to defend them, I understand your frustration. However, perhaps we can just agree that this is a free speech issue and that free speech was stifled today by threats of violence.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
BTW, why isn't threatening to hurt Milo considered a hate crime against gays?

Isn't that the sort of thing these same protesters would protest against?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I've watched him speak a few times actually. That's why I said earlier that I wanted to hear him here. He's a smart guy and I like the fact that he's in a unique position that puts him out of reach of the normal labels people use to shut down discussion.

Feminists can't label him, or Liberals, or Conservatives, etc. because they don't have any prefab negative comments about the labels you can actually give him without being the one in the wrong by saying it.

It allows for the conversation to ride on just the facts and opinions about the topic at hand rather than labeling the messenger as something then attacking that.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Remember when Universities weren't so wound up, you could actually have D Ali G give the commencement speech?

youtu.be...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It's about ideology.

It's never been about gays.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join