It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE NOW at DePaul University!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So it isn't infringing on the rights of others if it isn't the government doing it?

If that's the case, then anyone can use violence, disruptive behavior, invade private property to shut people up.

Reminds me of effing Brownshirts.

The first amendment protecting the right of free speech protects you from the government infringing on it. It doesn't say that someone else doesn't also have the right of free speech which they can use to scream over the top of you.

Nowhere did I say it gives anyone the right to violence though.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

What's that supposed to mean. Free speech is about the government not silencing you. That's it.

Don't get mad at me about it. I didn't write it that way.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Everyone has the right to free speech.

The problem is the LEFT thinks they are the only people that have that right.

As the video clearly showed.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

He isn't being silenced, he is able to talk and is doing so?

Seems like a pretty peaceful protest to me.

The school shut down the event because of their actions. How can you defend this? You're getting stars too. Who are these people? What do you have against open debate and discussion?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As Trump racks up another 50,000 votes.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Sremmos80

He isn't being silenced, he is able to talk and is doing so?

Seems like a pretty peaceful protest to me.

The school shut down the event because of their actions. How can you defend this? You're getting stars too. Who are these people? What do you have against open debate and discussion?

They read Mein Kempf, and decided to burn some books because they had ideas they didn't like.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yes, turns out Milo was threatened by the BLM SJWs,and security said they couldn't safely police the event so they shut it down, in effect silencing through threats of violence, good show and remember y'all black lives matter.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That video doesn't represent everyone on the left. Not to mention what the hell "the left" even is. Apparently "the left" is now just anyone you decide is on the left for whatever reason and you get to apply it to anyone you want at any time.

But yes, everyone has the right to free speech. And that right is protected from the Government taking it away. I didn't see the Government taking away anyone's free speech in that video.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Isn't that just for Gov. infringing on your free speech though???

There isn't anything saying other people can't silence you.

You protest outside the building. inside, the building is rented and scheduled. that is disrupting a legal event. that is not free speech. If it was, every debate would be just crowds of people going in with airhorns and stopping every conversation ever.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

The first amendment protecting the right of free speech protects you from the government infringing on it. It doesn't say that someone else doesn't also have the right of free speech which they can use to scream over the top of you..

Why do you think this is favorable over open debate and discussion? Are you saying that it would be acceptable for Trump supporters to rush the stage of Democrat speakers, or the lectures of professors in classrooms or anyone for that matter? How about we all just shut down each other in this fashion. Would you support that?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Love me some Milo. Him and Crowder make a dianamic duo.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
LOL - I wonder why she's so angry??

This is the point where they shut down the event.....

edit on 24-5-2016 by Sublimecraft because: grammar

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Silencing speech in an aggressive manner leads to an aggressive response, totally subverting the very idea of speech. However I am glad the left is doing it, because it shows its true colors.

But you know what will happen:

A response is provoked. Someone gets hurt. Media cries "right-wing extremist" and spews propaganda. Executive orders are signed, and so forth.

The truth about who these people are will always be concealed by the gatekeepers of information, and their opponents will always be made out to be the villains, regardless of who is right or who is wrong.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That video doesn't represent everyone on the left

Yeah well the exceptions are few and far between.

Hell between occupy,ferguson,blm, and the Trump 'protesting'.

To what all most ALL colleges and universities do to 'right' wing speakers.

That is not just an isolated incident.

It's endemic within the LEFT.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is what the left in this thread support and are arguing for, then they wonder why they are called bitches and SJWs authoritarians, #ING HERE'S YOUR SIGN PEOPLE

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is a radio interview Milo did today before the event

link   

Well going around screaming and yelling at people so they can't be heard generally would qualify as disturbing the peace.

But let's not be naive, protest after protest, whether against Trump or from BLM supporters, they've come out and said their intent is to shut events down.

Has nothing to do with freedom of speech frankly. It's a criminal act which hides behind free speech because the protesters can't handle difference of opinion.

edit on 24-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   

No, in fact I don't support that kind of debate at all. You all just assume that even though I'm simply asking some f*cking questions and pointing a few things out.

But since everyone just wants to bitch and moan around here and pick a f*cking fight with someone for any GD reason now you all just assume I support them shutting this down, which I don't at all. Never once did I even imply that I did.

You can't even have a conversation with anyone here now because everyone has something they have to prove all the time.

It's f*cking insane!!!!!!!

There aren't any rules to how you're allowed to protest BTW. If there were specific rules as to when or where it wouldn't make for much of a protest would it. It's called Protesting for a reason. Again, not that I'm saying I agree with anything anyone was doing. I'm just pointing out that is how it works.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why increasingly does it seem that black protesters have no other argument than screaming at and over people they don't like?

BLM does this all the time. Just yell like lunatics with zero substance. That chick reminds me of the BLM protesters grabbing the mic from Bernie, only to yell incoherently afterward.

She's not dancing because she presented a sound counter argument against Milo. She's dancing because she shouted insults at him and shut down his ability to speak. Surprising she and her buds have such low standards for themselves. We used to be a nation where intelligent debate mattered. Now it's apparently who can throw the biggest tantrum.
edit on 24-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ATS should try to get an AMA set up with Milo.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join