It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the NRA is now picking a fight in the Middle East???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I haven't been sleeping. I just didn't realize the NRA was our new Terrorist Watch or Law Enforcement agency in charge of Terror attacks on our home soil. So I'm not sure why they're talking as if they are.

It almost sounds as if people in the NRA are just waiting for Trump to take office so they go shoot up some sh*t and call it defending against terrorism. But maybe I'm not clear about what you're trying to say.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I look at the NRA in this context. They are defending the 2nd Amendment. The same could be said for someone saying something that I disagree with, but doing so to defend and protect the 1st Amendment. If you're against the 2nd, then you may be against the NRA.

What does that even mean? This video has nothing to do with protecting the right to bear arms at all. I also resent the implication that supporting gun ownership means supporting the NRA and failure to support the NRA means a person might not support gun ownership.

That's asinine. In fact, this garbage is proof positive of what many of us already know, the NRA has long ago exceeded its ostensible purpose of advocating for gun rights.

Did it ever occur to you that the NRA is actually just trying to alienate those who aren't rabidly right-wing to further politically polarize the issue of gun rights?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What were you doing well 'witnessing' this impressive event... cowering behind the couch or something?
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

As opposed to you? Boldly sitting before your keyboard!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: mOjOm

He's quite possibly insane and or delusional.

Iran is a country which has been under attack from the US for some time now.

We overthrew their democratically elected government in 1953 and installed a dictator.

It took the Iranian people almost 30 years to oust our puppet and in the process, stormed our embassy, which was our forward operating base.

As punishment for ousting our dictator, we ordered our other puppet, Saddam, to attack Iran, which he happily did.

To encourage the war, we not only armed Saddam but we also sold weapons to Iran in spite of there being an embargo...

Iran is so sad as a country, they cant even refine their own oil. They have to send it to Russia who refines it and sends it back to them.

SMH.

You're so right with this. I would hope that Charlie Daniels would research history a little bit and the buffoons who fall for his fake patriotism. If he really wanted to get angry at someone, why not pick Saudi Arabia? They blew up the world trade towers on 9/11. Remember that Charlie Daniels? Idiot. But yes, get mad at a country that is surrounded by US Military bases, who's citizens like to watch American TV shows like Baywatch and then make fun of a president based on what idiot right wing media buffoons tell you like Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter.

Tell me again, oh great and powerful and smart, Charlie Daniels what exactly Obama has done to deserve thy wrath?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: LSU0408

So you're saying it's him saying not to come here to our soil and pick a fight because we're all strapped to the gills and we'll shoot you.

Correct. Although Yamamoto did not actually say this, the quote attributed to him is, "You can't invade America. There is a gun behind every blade of grass." That's the sentiment in the ad. America's domestic arsenal includes some 114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 82 million shotguns.

Molon Labe

Rather than now that Obama is almost out we're coming for ya.

That's not what he said. He said you don't know America. Further, OP is cherry picking. Go to the link I helpfully provided to you. Watch a couple of the other videos, and attempt to understand the overall theme and message these spots are trying to send. They are definitely pro-America. You bet! Unapologetically, so left-wingers are not going to like it on principal and just because of the sponsor.

Each one of those would make a pretty good Trump ad. You can bet the 5 million people of the NRA will vote for him rather than a lying, cheating, weasle apologist like Hillary.

originally posted by: amazing

Tell me again, oh great and powerful and smart, Charlie Daniels what exactly Obama has done to deserve thy wrath?

He's a wuss, someone who's gone around the world apologizing. he's bowed before foreign dictators like the Saudi King. Putin has called him, "A child! He's like a child!" He's not respected around the world. The rest of the world laughs at his naivete, then immediately flexes muscle and refuses everything he asks. He's been a complete embarrassment. And Charlie is reflecting that sentiment.
edit on 5/24/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If he really wanted to get angry at someone, why not pick Saudi Arabia? They blew up the world trade towers on 9/11.

I don't think anyone can refute that.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
NRA is as useless as tits on a bull. They dropped the ball big time when NYS passed the un safe act. I wouldn't send them a dime of my money, not even one of those free dimes that come in the mail. And Charlie Daniels sucks anyway...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you support gun rights, you just don't support an agency that supports gun rights.

0_o

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's too bad America doesn't have a President with enough balls to say that.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I like the more serious rendition to Charlies tune

link   

originally posted by: awareness10
It's too bad America doesn't have a President with enough balls to say that.

We have had a president that bold since JFK or maybe further back to Lincoln.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you support gun rights, you just don't support an agency that supports gun rights.

0_o

Do you support paedo rights to free speech? Probably.

Do you support NAMBLA? Probably not.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

That's an interesting version!!!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not exactly. The blindly patriotic wouldn't be mocking the POTUS. The era of blind patriotism is over... we're now in the era of open eyed resistance.

LOL. Wow that was melodramatic nonsense.

As soon as there's a Republican in the White House again, we'll see where this "era of opened eyed resistance" is. I'm going to call it like I see it and I know it's not politically correct to say about conservatives but c'est la vie:

This "era of opened eyed resistance" is nothing but conservatives being butt hurt that a black Democrat is in the White House and an intense craving for him to be replaced with a white authoritarian patriarch. It's evident in the support of Donald Trump who promises to take unilateral action to bring about changes that would require a level of overreach that makes Obama look like Thomas freakin' Jefferson.

and don't disagree with me — I'm a real American and a true patriot and I've got the guns to prove it!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
what have they done to you?

Oh, I don't know... maybe growing up in an era in which their most common message to the people has been "death to America" and their big chief muckitymuck asshole consistently referred to America and Americans as "the Great Satan" created a bit of a rift between myself and their lovely nation of zealots. Why on God's green Earth would any American want to view them with anything other than contempt and a middle finger?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just gotta play that race card, dontcha? You know, I was fully supporting Ben Carson until it became clear he wasn't winning... I'd ask you to explain that, if I actually thought your argument was worth further discussion... but I don't.

originally posted by: theantediluvian
and don't disagree with me — I'm a real American and a true patriot and I've got the guns to prove it!

Put that anemic little thing away, this is neither the time nor place for such a contest.
edit on 24-5-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

"He's a wuss, someone who's gone around the world apologizing. he's bowed before foreign dictators like the Saudi King. Putin has called him, "A child! He's like a child!" He's not respected around the world. The rest of the world laughs at his naivete, then immediately flexes muscle and refuses everything he asks. He's been a complete embarrassment. And Charlie is reflecting that sentiment."

I take issue with this whole statement. Where are you getting this information? You could be right, but...
Here's a link from Pew Research, which is generally well regarded regardless of political affiliation. To dig deeper you'd have to actually go to newspaper and media outlets in other countries, but this is the feel I get.

www.pewresearch.org...

To summarize. Around the world, President Obama's image is largely positive. It's negative in Israel, and Russia, but with Russia it's an overall anti American sentiment, NOT just aimed at Obama. President Obama is very popular in India and Africa-George Bush was also very popular in Africa. Western Europeans are still big Obama Fans. Non of this fits with what you just said above. It almost seems like you listen to too much talk radio and parrot what they say here? No?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The NRA doesn't simply support gun rights though do they? The video is proof positive of that is it not?

By your logic anyone who doesn't support BLM wants cops to murder unarmed black folks and anyone who doesn't support every union wants the American worker exploited and putting his life in danger to put food on the table. Not supporting the EPA blindly?

You might as well be tipping over 50 gallon drums of DDT into bald eagle nests (how very un-American of conservatives!)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: DBCowboy

0_o

Do you support paedo rights to free speech? Probably.

Do you support NAMBLA? Probably not.

This is about the NRA and gun rights.

You might want to take your pet topics somewhere else.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ok, but other than just calling us names what have they actually done to us???

Because there are many other nations who don't like us and make no attempt to hide that either. Many other nations and people call us names far worse than "The Great Satan" too.

Plus don't we also call other nations names too and make fun of them???

We also go a step more than that sometimes as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join