It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why alien disclosure will never happen in our lifetimes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I completely agree. The entire human race is nothing short of an embarrassment to itself at this point.

The saddest thing is that it is all due to certain un-evolved idiot element. You know the type. Religious, ignorant, judgementle, interfering, whiney. war-mongering, oppositional, trouble making corrupt bastards and hassle heads.

Those of us who actually respect others and know what's going on and who want to advance humanity and improve life for all on earth just have to sit back and watch these idiots flailing about and making us all look like utter assholes to the entire Galaxy.

No advanced alien species would consider making contact with this # show of tribal warfare after even one brief look at how we carry on.

I'm pretty safe in assuming this mudball is given a very wide berth by any advanced civilizations that are aware of it. For this reason I think any hidden Alien presence on Earth can't be a good thing and can only have malevolent purpose or be operating in conjunction with a clandestine criminal element within the worlds governments.

Avoiding public panic' or some such vague mentality has always been cited for the reason for non-disclosure. I think the real reason is a lot more simple. They are up to no good. They are interfering with a developing culture. Disclosure would mean the big boys would find out. Then the party's over. For this same reason they can't 'fake' an Alien invasion either, their ultimate wet dream. The good guys would jump out of the woodwork and take all their toys away.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I agree with the OP.

We can barely handle ourselves, let alone an alien race.

Disclosure could tear this world apart IMO.

Imagine an alien race coming here, showing off how advanced they MAY be and how they MAY live in complete harmony... And they do it all without having to pay taxes, start wars with one another and charge their fellow beings massive amounts of money just to keep warm etc.

(I say MAY because I don't think every alien race we could come into contact with has intent on invading us and destroying us)

We are still very primitive if you dumb it down in the bigger picture. Sure, we have many, many great things about our species, but like the OP says, we still struggle to accept one another, let alone an entirely different race.

Also, I don't think disclosure is even our choice. I think our "Leaders" would bite at the chance. From my view, if say the Prime Minister or President of whatever country stated they are in cahoots with aliens. They could become the "Public" voice of an alien race, which would demand an unholy amount of political and maybe ruling power (I think?). They could use them as a political weapon into becoming THE political leader of Earth.

"If you don't do what I say, I will get my alien friends to intervene" - Someone, at some point in my mind.

I get the feeling (I like to think) that aliens may see this as an abuse of the knowledge of their existence, and would go against their incentives if visiting us. Thus they have to use any possible technological advancement they may have as an anchor to control the disclosure.

Of course, it's just as possible they are working in the shadows to control us now. 2 Sides to a coin and all that.

Just my thoughts and input.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

YOU may not be ready, but many have already had the experience.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was thinking, why would an alien society what to be out benefactors? I would assume an alien species would have environmental pressures and evolved by competing for resources. Chances are, their intellect was pushed because their home planet was not a paradise. Chances are, they invested in space exploration because they are ambitious or short on resources. The four scenarios that make sense.

One, we are protected by a policing alien body. Being protected requires resources. In theory, we must be paying in some resource to offset the cost of our protection.
Two, we are a hunting preserve for renegade aliens simular to the movie Predator. (Really don't think aliens would travel here to leave a mutilated cow?)
Three, we are only buying our time until we are picked off to be exploited.
Four, we have never been visited by aliens.

I would hope aliens would be our benefactors. Only takes one advanced group to exploit us.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Left out dictators, communists causing famine through centralized distribution and planning, government competing for resources, governments like Germany and France set on dealing weapons for profit, or governments set to make the state the idol of worship. Just the idiot individuals that cause mass misery?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join