It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why alien disclosure will never happen in our lifetimes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm not a spokesman for alien cultures.

But if I were, I'd advise the alien races to avoid earth until the population there gets it act together.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Im ok with non disclosure..

Do we need another freaky demographic category?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

#GreenLivesMatter

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Thank you for fully validating my point. As long as differences are labeled "freaky", "freakish", "wrong". etc... we will never get the truth.

Which is why I said, in our lifetimes. It will take generations to breed out that form of reaction, if ever.

edit on 5/24/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Thank you for fully validating my point. As long as differences are labeled "freaky", "freakish", "wrong". etc... we will never get the truth.

Which is why I said, in our lifetimes. It will take generations to breed out that form of reaction, if ever.

Your welcome. It was fully my intention

Dont confuse "freaky" with "wrong," though...I'm not saying any of it's wrong....just.....freaky..

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You can't compare the two.. like.. at all.
If anything is a sign that we haven't evolved enough yet to face alien disclosure is the fact that some people are confused about what gender they are. That road steers away from science, evolution, logic and reason and puts us right back into the dark ages of fantasy land.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Point taken, thanks for clarifying for us all.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
yep .....the proof that earth is the only planet in the whole universe where intelligent life is
any other option will make all humans equal. that will not happen hihi
.....a reply to: NewzNose

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

I beg to differ. I can compare them. They are both a reaction (a visceral reaction) to something totally different and strange to many people. That reaction is what I would use as a litmus test if asked "are we ready yet as a species?" I f we cannot even accept difference and change in our OWN species, then how the HELL can we expect to accept a completely alien species with not only different anatomy, but culture and history.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I wonder what makes people think that the government is the residing body dictating when ETs are 'revealed.

When did it become up to the government?
Why do people accept that it is up to the government?

Was the existence of ETs suppressed back in the 1800s or in the 1500s, or is it just a modern day non sense.
Why didn't ETs reveal themselves in say in the year 1100 when we had no weapons which could be potentially harmful, or was the mighty government of the 1100s keeping the truth from world wide population...

I wonder if ETs reveal themselves and are nothing like we've imagined and the gray looking things were just drones etc. And ETs are actually just blobs and weird cloud formation and do nothing all day but 'observe"
. That would really put a damper on our sci-fi and imagination

Working on the hypothesis they are here and doing whatever aliens do here, no government on earth is likely to stop them if they choose to make a showing. However...

There is at least some likelihood that contact with human government might be the first choice of a visitor. In that case, we come full circle, and back to what the OP is talking about.

In my opinion, disclosure is unlikely, not because the public is or is not ready for it, but because there is nothing to be gained by it at present. When those in the know have something to gain from disclosure, it will happen in their way, and in their time, such as soft disclosure over a period of time through predictive programming, using movies, music, media, etc.

Oh wait...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

People's acceptance of trannyism is a "litmus test" for the planet's readiness for alien disclosure?

No, I don't think the two things are as comparable as you're trying to make them.

Aliens advanced enough to visit won't have to worry about us building them toilets.

They'll deal with us as they see fit.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just keep disclosure and aliens out side of the US...Problem fixed.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If the government knows that it poses no threat to the aliens then I don't see how they can be in control of disclosure, if the aliens want to come out and show themselves I don't think the government could stop them.
I would think that they wouldn't be obligated to follow our governments rules
It could be that they see us as a planet of under evolved animals and are not worth the time to talk to.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

As I posted above, I beg to differ. I can compare them. They are both a reaction (a visceral reaction) to something totally different and strange to many people. That reaction is what I would use as a litmus test if asked "are we ready yet as a species?" I f we cannot even accept difference and change in our OWN species, then how the HELL can we expect to accept a completely alien species with not only different anatomy, but culture and history.

As a crude gauge of reaction, as is a litmus test, it is as good a gauge as we have so far. At least since the Orson Wells broadcast in the early 20th Century.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

If there is anything to disclose (a reallllly big IF), then it could be the case of requiring the indigenous life to decide for themselves. And as a government is a fair representation if the governed, would it not make sense to approach them first, or to allow them to decide when it is best for two wildly differing cultures co-exist.

Look what happened in the past with the Aztec, Mayans, Native Americans, etc... Not a great track record when done uncontrolled (however, the latter one was government controlled and it still ended up in millions dead and an entire culture of people brought to near extinction.

That could also be a reason too. We as a species are still to wild and unpredictable to even approach yet.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: Urantia1111

As I posted above, I beg to differ. I can compare them. They are both a reaction (a visceral reaction) to something totally different and strange to many people. That reaction is what I would use as a litmus test if asked "are we ready yet as a species?" I f we cannot even accept difference and change in our OWN species, then how the HELL can we expect to accept a completely alien species with not only different anatomy, but culture and history.

As a crude gauge of reaction, as is a litmus test, it is as good a gauge as we have so far. At least since the Orson Wells broadcast in the early 20th Century.

Transgenders are humans and are EXPECTED to be similar to regular folks. I would contend that it's that slight dissimilarity that causes the dissonance.

People know aliens aren't going to be so similar to themselves and I believe it's a different situation completely.

We're not going to be "racist" or "phobic" of extraterrestrials.

The terms don't even apply to them, anymore than you can "discriminate" against a chicken or a squid.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You have a good point!

Transgenderism and the drama around it is a fairly new thing, are feminazi's to blame? I wouldn't like to say.

My point is throughout my life, I've always believed that full disclosure will not happen because it basically says fck religion, and imagine the uproar!

I'd love full disclosure because I'm sick of being lied to everywhere I look, I'm awake and it's really REALLY tiring watching and listening to all the sheep. Sorry for the cliché, doesn't make it less right though.
Peace ✌

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm not a spokesman for alien cultures.

But if I were, I'd advise the alien races to avoid earth until the population there gets it act together.

Hear hear!

Gets its act together = Wipe itself out so mother nature can mend her home.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Disclosure in the west? Not going to happen without a war. America loves to make enemies of all kinds. Aliens are the right thing for a NWO. You can keep dreaming. Aliens can't even come down here without being shot out of the sky by the US.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Aliens probably have enough of their own cultural problems to care less about our cultural squabbles.
Transgenderism? Who really cares. We will have much bigger things to worry about-like survival. If they visit us, they'll have their own reasons-things we arn't even aware of.

If they are scary and ugly-hurt us in any way-its all over. You won't have time to be concerned about transgendered people. Aliens probably will not even understand all of our sexual identities and will probably be confused that we spend so much time on such insignificant oddities.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join