It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why alien disclosure will never happen in our lifetimes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
For all those saying or thinking we deserve "full disclosure" about an intelligent alien presence being here on Earth, just look to the threads and reaction here to the topic of transgenderism. I'll be honest, it doesn't matter one iota to me, at all. However we will NEVER have any type of truth on the topic of intelligent alien visitation if we as a human species cannot even accept other humans (of our own species) of differing sex and/or gender living among us here.

Seriously, think about it. All this recent debate and gnashing of teeth and vitriol over something that could be considered a HUMAN that has a different lifestyle, culture, and physical appearance is NOTHING compared to a life-form from beyond this little planet. If we as a species cannot treat each other with acceptance, even those that do not conform to our own "norms" of living, then do you honestly think that those in power will EVER consider providing any truth if this planet has/is being visited from an extraterrestrial life? They would risk a LOT, for what?

I see this as a litmus test of our reaction to true disclosure (if there is even anything TO disclose) and we have yet again failed miserably to behave in a civilized and accepting manner to a life-form that is simply different.....AND THEY ARE HUMANS! To those that debate that the human race will not freak out if told there was/is any intelligent extraterrestrial life here, I ask you to open your eyes and see the reaction to this recent transgender issue here in the United States.

C'mon folks, lets get our act together and accept differences, especially within the human race. If not, we will never prove our ability to accept any extraterrestrial life forms exist, intelligent or not, can be accepted among us at home. After all, ask yourself these questions:

• what bath/locker rooms will THEY be allowed to use?
  • where would they be allowed to eat/sleep?
  • how would you react to them working next to you?
  • would you accept them as a neighbor in the next house/apartment?

I implore you to think of this the next time you publicly react to one of these transgender issues. It shows everyone where you would stand and present yourself to a true "full disclosure".

Rant Over....thanks for listening.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Close the stall door...problem goes away except if you are an Alien...
Cheers

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You are wrong. Disclosure will happen this year, into 2017.

a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I completely agree.

The human species simply has not evolved enough to be able to accept this kind of disclosure.

I believe we are struggling as a species. Not sure we are going to make it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

And if it doesn't I expect you to make a new thread declaring that you were wrong. For, I predict it will not happen. If it does, I will create an apology thread. Otherwise it is an irrelevant statement....right?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I have no obligation to obey your command.

However, I will stand behind my post and declare I was wrong, should that be the cse.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Of course it won't.

Because if it did, everyone would stop all their peeing and moaning about "other" groups, and finally come together as just humans.

And TPTB don't want everyone getting along.

Or, just so we can be bigoted and racist against the aliens.

Either way.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Evolved enough to accept truth? We are neanderthals that should be lied to ad nauseum?

We are ready to receive disclosure. If you aren't that's on you. Don't speak for everyone.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I have no obligation to obey your command.

However, I will stand behind my post and declare I was wrong, should that be the cse.

Thank you. Perhaps "expect" was too strong a word in that context. Would you prefer I "challenge" you instead, as it was not meant to come across as a command....but a challenge.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wonder what makes people think that the government is the residing body dictating when ETs are 'revealed.

When did it become up to the government?
Why do people accept that it is up to the government?

Was the existence of ETs suppressed back in the 1800s or in the 1500s, or is it just a modern day non sense.
Why didn't ETs reveal themselves in say in the year 1100 when we had no weapons which could be potentially harmful, or was the mighty government of the 1100s keeping the truth from world wide population...

I wonder if ETs reveal themselves and are nothing like we've imagined and the gray looking things were just drones etc. And ETs are actually just blobs and weird cloud formation and do nothing all day but 'observe"
. That would really put a damper on our sci-fi and imagination

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I beg to differ. Disclosure of that magnitude would require a demonstration that the information will be accepted and those not vilified (especially if the life-form is advanced enough to wipe us out if we reacted that way. I still truly think we are not ready. This recent reaction to other humans, of our own species, is an actual testament to that fact. Show me a reaction that differs, and I will agree with you....but until then, this is what we have.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KrakatoaIn answer to your rant I would suggest you look at Reagans speech to the UN.
It's on that tubie thing and I don't know how to move it. His answer would probably clear any confusion you have on disclosure and how the public would react to it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I want aliens to be disclosed to us a humans and I think as humans we will except it and flourish

I also believe that people should be able to whatever the hell they want

I don't want my six year old niece sharing a toilet with a grown ass man in a wig and high heels, he still got a thing and I don't want my niece exposed to that

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

When I joined ATS, I had a full head of hair and no grey whiskers. Ruefully, it's no longer the case! Every hair that's jumped ship is like an ideal or hope that's been left behind lol. The idealism of 'let's all get along' has been replaced by 'let's respect our differences.' It's also the case that I've come to respect how our differences actually drive humanity and create some of the monuments of our best traits.

Transgender will become a social norm soon enough and the next generation will wonder what the fuss was about. That isn't saying all people will embrace the differences because it won't happen like that. It'll be the same as most things with the majority middle-ground accepting it and taking it in their stride.

Vive la difference!!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
newspeak translation :

" disclosure " = please validate my delusions

and people wonder why they dont get " disclosure "
edit on 24-5-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well, you could call Orson Welles 'War of the Worlds' 1938 radio broadcast our first "dry run" at disclosure. From what I've read about it, some of the folks back then handled it like champs! Many times I've imagined how I would take the news, but I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about society as a whole. You have given me something to think about. Good post. Good question. thx.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The game is chess not checkers and it is quite possible that the first Transgender president (yes it will happen eventually) may be the person to introduce our new celestial friends. The events unfolding now are softening the hearts of the newer generations, the millennial's. The older generations are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things at this point, they are quickly fading along with their small mindedness.

I start campaigning in 15-16 years.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think it's a leap to connect a sop civil rights distraction with a non disclosure of aliens personally.

The extra bathrooms cool, we should bring back water fountains for the "blacks" too.

It will end up creating a division , not acceptance imo.

Mixing bathrooms creates dangers for women, and children . It's not a morality of trans behavior issue with many parents. It is a safety issue.

It is all a manufactured, non-issue, catch22, to keep everyone at each others throats, and it is working as planned.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: suasagefingertphonetyporepairjob

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

How do you know that extraterrestrials are not trans-phobic and find it highly offensive? What if aliens don't have a gender, they could care less or they don't comprehend human suffering?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Love it,love everything about your post!
The really sad thing is the type of acceptance of human diversity that you're looking for will never happen in such a short period. It is instinctively ingrained in all of us to treat those who are different from ourselves,even slightly different as less than equal...Sh1t,people hated american baseball legend Jackie Robinson because he was black. Fellow Americans hated him for one small difference,even though he was probably more alike to most Americans than not. He loved baseball,probably ate the same food,was more than likely heterosexual and he was human. Yet his racial difference was a problem for many. It's an absolutely a bizarre world we live in...

As much as I believe in the high probability of extraterrestrial life,What I wonder the most though is...Why don't the supposed E.T's disclose themselves? Do they fear the consequences of such an action? Or are we not apart of their own agenda?

I think your spot on about how people who would freak out if aliens were to be known to exist,(especially religious folks)
but one thing you left out is the part where some may worship them as Gods. I know a lot of people talk smack about Ancient aliens,however it's possible IMO that aliens may have disclosed themselves in the past and it actually caused more harm than good for our species. Maybe they more advanced ones are just waiting for us to discover them on our own.

Have a good day all!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join