It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Guard Arrested For Removing Man From Women’s Bathroom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Yup, because I see a lot of disabled people rolling their wheel chairs up to cutrite and renting a snoblower to clear their driveway.

My mother was physically disabled from polio 39 years before the ADA.

I was 5.

I've got better first hand stories then you do.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So do you disagree with this?
'Blue Lives Matter' bill expected to become law in La.

House Bill 953 would make attacks on police and other first responders hate crimes and would be the first such law specific to law enforcement in the country. The bill amends an existing law classifying hate crimes as those based on bias against race, age, gender, religion, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Unless you (generally not specifically) assaulted them because they were "gay or bisexual".

I like you a lot Andy, you're sound and straight forward.

Surely you can see the nuanced difference between hate crime and normal crime.
Just like a crime of passion or a crime brought on by loss of marbles, for want of a PC term.

Diminished responsibility is the one I think, crime of passion, hate crime, crime of opportunity...

Not the same as having a straightener down the pub and being remanded for assault.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Grammar & Spelling.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

So then, you'd date her?

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not even willing to date every woman on the planet, let alone the men who change genders to women. Talk about a red herring...

Interesting. Very interesting.

You could be turning down your soulmate and not even know it.
edit on 24-5-2016 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yup, because I see a lot of disabled people rolling their wheel chairs up to cutrite and renting a snoblower to clear their driveway.

I was 5.

And did she often mow lawns, use power tools, split wood?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I dont see words such as hate crime preventing other such offences all i see it doing showboating the offence to the public with possible other agendas at play.

All crimes are unacceptable, that's why the are considered to be offences and against our laws of the land.

It may well be rare to see hate crime convictions but how many times do you think alleged hate crime assaults have been plea bargained down to assault rather than a defendant face the full charge of racial assault?

Police and prosecutors are famous for it where i hail from.

edit on 24-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I was 5.

People in wheelchairs can't use a lawn-blower?

You're creating Strawman out of a paper thin argument.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I was 5.

Well, since my dad ran off with another woman, because he couldn't handle having a disabled wife and 3 children under 7.

Yes, she did.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

So then, you'd date her?

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not even willing to date every woman on the planet, let alone the men who change genders to women. Talk about a red herring...

Interesting. Very interesting.

You could be turning down your soulmate and not even know it.

Maybe, but then again I don't believe in soulmates since I don't believe in the soul. I also have zero intention of getting married. Though I'm sure I would be able to see past a transgendered person's original sex and date them a lot easier than others on these forums. Of course, none of this is relevant to the discussion in the OP. Who I will and won't date is completely irrelevant. I could very well have been a gay man and your question would have been completely off the mark.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That's sad.

My Grandmother had all her fingers below the knuckles chopped off during the last big war, while working in a Factory. She didn't whine about it, she wrapped up her hands and got on with it, scrubbing stone steps in winter time for people and working back at that factory so she could feed her children while her Husband was sent to War.

My family too has many strong Women in it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So do you disagree with this?
'Blue Lives Matter' bill expected to become law in La.

House Bill 953 would make attacks on police and other first responders hate crimes and would be the first such law specific to law enforcement in the country. The bill amends an existing law classifying hate crimes as those based on bias against race, age, gender, religion, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry.

I do because being a cop is a choice. None of the others are.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

"Unless you assaulted them because they were "gay or bisexual"

No i would never do anything like that, i dont really care whether people are gay and more than i do as to there colour.

Using the term hate crime can and does have other implications. Which is why i feel it can be rather detrimental to justice being served in the honest and meaningful manner.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Cool. So transgenderism will fall under the protection of the ADA. I'm fine with that. Let's give them their own parking spot too. Right up front.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

That's sad.

My Grandmother had all her fingers below the knuckles chopped off during the last big war, while working in a Factory. She didn't whine about it, she wrapped up her hands and got on with it, scrubbing stone steps in winter time for people and working back at that factory so she could feed her children while her Husband was sent to War.

My family too has many strong Women in it.

My mom was the strongest woman I've ever met. And she never said a bad word about my dad. She thought that should be up to us to decide.

She worked full time too. After a year in the hospital. The company she worked for found her a position that did not require walking. My grandmother lived with us.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: Phage

We all know that birth certificates can be falsified... 10 facts that suggest Obama's birth certificate may be fake

Seriously, though, this issue could easily be resolved by creating single occupancy restrooms that do not specify who/what can use them. Our local Safeway grocery stores in Seattle use this method and it seems to be the only logical solution.

I suppose that it will end up costing a lot of companies a lot of money to change existing facilities, however, this will be chump-change compared to expensive lawsuits/settlements that will surely ensue if something is not done immediately.

really?.....grant high school in Portland, Oregon has had these bathrooms since 2013....guess what?....the sky has not fallen and the kids say it's no big deal.....if only those that oppose it would do just a little research, then we could stop the whining by them...I found that info in a minute of surfing.....apparently those republicans that oppose this, can't be bothered with knowing where this has already been working for over 2 years now.....it's too complex for them.
abcnews.go.com...

link   

While I see your point entirely, slippery slope and all that...

Hate crime legislation is a deterrent while other laws aren't.

Crime of passion - one offs from the perp
Crime of opportunity - well not one offs and more often than not previous is considered
Diminished responsibility - one offs from the perp with rehabilitation and psychiatry...
Hate crime - can & will (if opportunity arises) happen again and again from a single perp...

Look at the old case of Lee Bowyer & Jonathan Woodgate (when they played for Leeds) and they jumped on the poor man's head and called him a "Paki"... That's a hate crime mate.

Your point is valid I just see it a little differently.

Ps hope your tooth is better
edit on 24-5-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

link   

I was 5.

Well, since my dad ran off with another woman, because he couldn't handle having a disabled wife and 3 children under 7.

Yes, she did.

Ouch. Pretty rough situation. I feel your pain.

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yea, I don't like it for similar reasons, plus crimes against police usually result in the police being more motivated to solve the crime and convict someone. They really don't need extra protection, I just brought that example up so that it can be analyzed under the reasoning that andy06shake was giving to disapprove of the term "hate crime".

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Luckily I don't have young girls to worry about when it comes to sharing a bathroom...?
edit on 24-5-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Cool. So transgenderism will fall under the protection of the ADA. I'm fine with that. Let's give them their own parking spot too. Right up front.

You just trying to be obnoxious?

Equal Rights of a minority is Constitutional - - Bill of Rights.

Accommodations needed are already in the works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join