It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Guard Arrested For Removing Man From Women’s Bathroom

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Isn't it THEIR business to run how they want? If your solution is for business's to rebuild their existing facilities, here's my solution. Adult diapers.

OK, What about if a business decided to have a 'whites only' bathroom or 'Catholics Only' bathroom, would that then be OK?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

The bathroom issue is not dire in any way shape or form. It's a fabrication by some interest in the media for reasons I cannot ascertain.

Prioritizing this over basic rights protections that affect 100% of the population is insane.

Imagine what could be done if we focused this mass public energy on rejuvenating the Bill of Rights protections which have eroded drastically.

I suppose I'm a Dreamer...

It's an issue made by the religious right not the media. Nobody cared and it is a non issue until govenors started wasting time writing legislation to stop this from happening.

Where is your outrage over Govenors calling special sessions wasting taxpayer money on this? If it's a non issue that's where your anger should be placed.
edit on 25-5-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: muzzleflash

Did you actually call the ACLU or are you assuming they're too busy to help you?

The point of my post was that nearly any average joe has tons of their rights n liberties violated in significant ways on a daily basis - and that no one cares.

Of course people care, you are making a huge assumption.

The media is the media. We let them slip through our fingers and now they're out of control.

It is such a long sordid story...

It sounds like you want to tell it, so go ahead unless that will damage your case.

I've spoken to then quite a bit. They are overloaded, and according to their email alerts, it appears they are fighting a lot of mostly politics driven battles.

Im not sure if writing some threads exposing everything will damage my cases in a court context. I haven't decided that. I do feel it'll damage me personally at this time and people around me that are involved.

I'm sorry I said I don't think anyone cares. I'm going through a lot of crap right now.

U2U me if you have other offtopic questions, I apologize for starting a drift.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Did you actually call the ACLU or are you assuming they're too busy to help you?

The point of my post was that nearly any average joe has tons of their rights n liberties violated in significant ways on a daily basis - and that no one cares.

Of course people care, you are making a huge assumption.

The media is the media. We let them slip through our fingers and now they're out of control.

It is such a long sordid story...

It sounds like you want to tell it, so go ahead unless that will damage your case.

I've spoken to then quite a bit. They are overloaded, and according to their email alerts, it appears they are fighting a lot of mostly politics driven battles.

Im not sure if writing some threads exposing everything will damage my cases in a court context. I haven't decided that. I do feel it'll damage me personally at this time and people around me that are involved.

I'm sorry I said I don't think anyone cares. I'm going through a lot of crap right now.

U2U me if you have other offtopic questions, I apologize for starting a drift.

I don't think it's drift. I think it's a reminder there are a lot of personal liberty issues out there. Since there is no ruler when it comes to who deserves more attention or justice we are really all in the same boat.

Helpless to the whims of government who acts with their own ambitions instead of the people they govern.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The bathroom issue is not dire in any way shape or form. It's a fabrication by some interest in the media for reasons I cannot ascertain.

Prioritizing this over basic rights protections that affect 100% of the population is insane.

Imagine what could be done if we focused this mass public energy on rejuvenating the Bill of Rights protections which have eroded drastically.

It's an issue made by the religious right not the media. Nobody cared and it is a non issue until govenors started wasting time writing legislation to stop this from happening.

Where is your outrage over Govenors calling special sessions wasting taxpayer money on this? If it's a non issue that's where your anger should be placed.

My outrage is devoted to three bills of attainder my government passed against Me personally this session. Im trying to begin my massive years long war against that but Im fighting a dozen other wars on every front in my life right now.

The governor stabbed me in the back after I totally thought he'd be honest and decent and reasonable. I made him aware of what's going on and expected his veto of the attainders but I gotta use the courts to overturn them now.

I feel like this restroom debate is an example of people being sheltered from the harsh realities of what's going on in govt, so they get worried about an incredibly minor issue as the real issues go ignored.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

My outrage is devoted to three bills of attainder my government passed against Me personally this session. Im trying to begin my massive years long war against that but Im fighting a dozen other wars on every front in my life right now.

The governor stabbed me in the back after I totally thought he'd be honest and decent and reasonable. I made him aware of what's going on and expected his veto of the attainders but I gotta use the courts to overturn them now.

I feel like this restroom debate is an example of people being sheltered from the harsh realities of what's going on in govt, so they get worried about an incredibly minor issue as the real issues go ignored.

It's a small issue to you.

Prob not the families of those kids getting beat up and killed and basically denied what the medical community is saying is the treatment (transition). Thats a major violation.

This isn't "the peoples* fault. It's the Govenors passing these bills. Worse they are calling expensive special sessions.

Not only that literally costing the states billions in lost revanue.

i hope that puts it in perspective a little.

I do agree though. This is a symptom of the disease. It's also held over religious ideology mingling with the state. These are all called religious freedom laws.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20766541]reldra[/po
I am never out of school, I will continue to learn all my life. nice try

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The ACLU is actually really really busy right now focused on politics oriented things, like lgbt.

And they won't do jacksnip about gun free zones.

But they totally flip their whigs about restrooms!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

About laws passed by overarching Govenors denying liberty to individuals as well as the treatment of a medical condition. Which in this case would be transition.

NC is also set to loose billions and federal education grants.

So yeah it's a big deal.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Since the ACLU was brought up people.

THIS is their stances when it comes to INDIVIDUAL rights.

the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right.

www.aclu.org...

Now since the majority of people are straight, and natural our collective RIGHTS supersede a transgenders individual rights.

Not my words the ACLU 'rationale'.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Since the ACLU was brought up people.

THIS is their stances when it comes to INDIVIDUAL rights.

the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right.

www.aclu.org...

Now since the majority of people are straight, and natural our collective RIGHTS supersede a transgenders individual rights.

Not my words the ACLU 'rationale'.

I agree. With you here in a way. However I don't think they say collective rights supercede in your example. They are saying the 2nd is a collective right. They are concerned with helping individuals who may not have a collective voice.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why does the Right always have this unseeming interest in other people's naughty bits?
Personally, I find it creepy.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Context

Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right

The position of the ACLU is that the "militia" does not refer to individuals.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Why does the Right always have this unseeming interest in other people's naughty bits?

The right isn't the ones going around throwing private parts, and bedrooms, and bathroom rooms in everyones faces, and telling them they have no say in the matter,

By nature of 'democracy' they do.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The context is.

The ACLU views rights as COLLECTIVE not as individual rights.

The second says the STATES have the RIGHT to form militias if they want.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

The right isn't the ones going around throwing private parts, and bedrooms, and bathroom rooms in everyones faces, and telling them they have no say in the matter,

By nature of 'democracy' they do.

Nope. The right passed these laws. Now they are dealing with the backlash. The economic consequences will be huge.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The ACLU views rights as COLLECTIVE not as individual rights.

Not all rights, but in respect to the 2nd amendment, yes. That's what the sentence (and the article) says.

The second says the STATES have the RIGHT to form militias if they want.

Yeah, well. Not exactly. That would be the militia referred to in the body of the Constitution (section 8). The militia over which the federal government has ultimate authority. Sounds like the National Guard to me. But that's another thread.

edit on 5/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
What it means to be gender-fluid

www.cnn.com...

"There's this constant exchange going on. ... Identity is this weird thing that exists between us people. It's like this perception, thought space, between us and other people," they said.
Thomas Webb, 33, identifies as gender-fluid and feels masculine "two-thirds" of the time. Webb's gender-fluid expression alternates from masculine to feminine with how they dress, from suits to skirts.

I did not know this, that you can change genders on and off from day to day.

So how does that pertain to the bathroom issue?

hmmm

Gender fluids are liek Bi sexuals..they cant make up their minds. why not just go ahead and pick a sex and be done with it. It irritates me when i see people lumped in with those of us who actually have a issue with our sex matching our gender.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
What it means to be gender-fluid

www.cnn.com...

"There's this constant exchange going on. ... Identity is this weird thing that exists between us people. It's like this perception, thought space, between us and other people," they said.
Thomas Webb, 33, identifies as gender-fluid and feels masculine "two-thirds" of the time. Webb's gender-fluid expression alternates from masculine to feminine with how they dress, from suits to skirts.

I did not know this, that you can change genders on and off from day to day.

So how does that pertain to the bathroom issue?

hmmm

Gender fluids are liek Bi sexuals..they cant make up their minds. why not just go ahead and pick a sex and be done with it. It irritates me when i see people lumped in with those of us who actually have a issue with our sex matching our gender.

I read there was a lot of division among transgenders on certain issues, I read one of their articles the other day, many in fact do not like the bathroom issue either.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

a reply to: TinfoilTP

So trying to ensure that trans people can use the bathroom comfortably is Marxist?

What's PC jail like anyway?

Making bathrooms safer for voyeurs, rapists and pedophiles, that is all your movement is doing.

You are making trans people less comfortable by adding more suspicion to the general public. You are doing them a disservice.

If that was the case then where were all the rapes, back in the 80's 90's 2000s by Transgenders? Oh thats right there werent any of note. ANYTHING public is not safe in reality.

No you are doing a dis service by automatically saying what will happen when clearly past statiscics dont reflect it.

I'll use the favorite phrase around here,
You still don't get it.

The transgenders are not the ones doing the raping, it's the rapists, pedophiles and voyeurs who will pretend to be transgender to get past the bathroom doors.
They will drive around in the dead of night with rape kits, stalk victims, use the internet to trick victims, what makes you think they won't take advantage of this opportunity created for them by the PC Nazis unlocking the bathroom doors for them?

To which i say to you UNLESS they can PROVE they are transgender then they will be arressted. Its not that hard to do is it? If you got a beard,or masculine you dont go in.

And really rapist and other nasties dont obey the laws to begin with so letting transgenders use the bathroom they look like is not going to change anything. They can already do what you claim will happen. Its already too late.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join