It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a Clinton-Cuban ticket present a conundrum for libertarians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There is evidence that a Clinton-Cuban ticket is a possibility.

Hillary Clinton expresses interest in Mark Cuban as her running mate

Mark Cuban: Hillary Clinton Wants To Meet With Me

Let's turn to Cuban's political views.

Rand’s freedom-loving philosophy apparently also encouraged Cuban to become a libertarian. In the Austin American-Statesman (May 19, 2006), Cuban said his politics are “independent, leaning to libertarian. I vote for the candidate who I think will do the least.” On his blog — www.blogmaverick.com — he described himself as “a libertarian at heart” (March 8, 2006). On C-SPAN, Cuban said he is a “less is more” kind of libertarian. “I think there’s room for government,” he said. “I’m not an abolish-all-government type guy. But I think, you know, less is more…”
A “Less is More” Libertarian

I believe most hardcore libertarians were going to vote for the Libertarian Party's candidate no matter what. But, that was before any possibility that there could be a libertarian VP candidate.

Assuming that a Clinton-Cuban ticket materializes, what do libertarians do?

I know the Libertarian Party's goal is to get 5% of the vote nationally. But, should libertarians in swing states cast their votes for Clinton-Cuban because...

Cuban would be one heartbeat of an old, sickly woman away from being president. It could be decades before libertarians could have such an opportunity again.

Would a Clinton-Cuban ticket present a conundrum for libertarians?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Check this out:
Third Party: Libertarian polling at 11% versus Trump, Clinton

In the latest Monmouth University poll, Gov. Gary Johnson is polling in the double-digits as a third party Libertarian candidate against Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Johnson polls at 11 percent, while Clinton at 42 percent and Trump has 34 percent.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Clinton-Anyone is a toxic ticket. Cuban is much smarter than that. He's in it for exposure.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I see polling numbers everywhere and none are the same.

I'll believe it at the inaugeration...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No conundrum here! It doesn't matter WHO Clinton chooses as a running partner. Unless Clinton died in office the vice president would be nothing but a PR representative. Besides, I wouldn't vote for Cuban even if he were running for president- he's a pompous ass!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I'm just surprised that there is a poll showing Johnson that high. He only had 1% of the vote 4 years ago, and that was the most a Libertarian candidate has ever received.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

And that is an insult to "asses" everywhere!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Do you want to know what one of the best things about being Libertarian is? It's the fact that I don't have to give a wide rip about some random politician who claims to be Libertarian.

I believe in human liberty, swore an oath to it and the lot. Don't follow any man who claims to be anything while running for office. Our woman, for that matter.

I vote based on record... oh wait...I don't vote because you have to be half a tard to think voting is how these vampires get there jobs.

Enough with the libertarian, conservative. Democrat, republican, green, social, third party crap.

Hmmmm...I need more coffee.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In answer to your question: No.
No ticket with Clinton on it would attract a libertarian simply because she represents the polar opposite of what libertarians believe. She's an authoritarian.
Libertarians will never have a better chance to get their vote numbers up. However, if msm does its usual thing---ignores the third party candidates---the majority of voters simply won't know until they go to the polls that there really is a choice. The problem remains that the major candidates get more air time simply because they have the money (given to them by their handlers) to buy media time so the networks give them more free time. The only free time a third party candidate will get will be used to demonize or marginalize that candidate.
But I must repeat my mantra---it is far more important to elect third party candidates at the local and state levels than on the national level. That's the only way we're going to change the culture of corruption.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I can say with 100% certainty Clinton won't pick Mark Cuban as her running mate.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Trump is setting the stage with his campaign and straightforward talk for Cuban to run in 2020 or 2024 but he will not jump into a VP slot like you said. Besides, he would take second to no one I think....much like trump.
edit on 05pm31pmf0000002016-05-24T12:20:45-05:001245 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No conundrum. As for people claiming to be Libertarian...like it's the cool thing nowadays....Glenn Beck claimed to be Libertarian, but he's not. If Cuban really believes he's Libertarian, he won't throw his weight behind Hillary.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Are You sure it wasn't "Does Bill want a Cuban cigar"?

Better idea, give The Clinton Cabal the island of Cuba.. Then Bill gets 'fresh stogies' and She gets a Country to run..

Win/squared.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Any 3rd party will only detract votes from the Republican side. Democrats are too entrenched and closed minded to vote anything else.

If Gary Johnson gets double digit election votes it'll be the same scenario as when Ross Perot handed Bill Clinton the presidency.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobiHogwash. Republicans won't vote Green Party.

Any votes for Republicans and Democrats will only take away from 3rd parties.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

He will not be her VP, she just wants him to shill for her on MSM.

If anything, Cuban is in the Trump camp and he is acting like he may be pro Clinton so that liberals will give him an ear. Once he has people in his pocket then he will come out and endorse Trump.

new topics

top topics

join