It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change-Denier Donald Trump Is Worried Rising Seas Could Ruin His Golf Course

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: neo96

What does any of this have to do with Donald Trump making patently false statements and behaving hypocritically?

I am wondering myself.
One of the OP's statements, "So what's the deal Donald? You don't believe in climate change except when it comes to protecting your business?

What the Donald is doing is taking an newish Irish government report that factors in climate change, into what was an already known situation of post Glacial rebound in that area of Ireland where the land is dipping/tipping into the sea.
He's taking their word for it, that does not mean that he personally believes in the climate change part, maybe because there is still an emphasis of AGW as a tipping point for some kind of dramatic climate change..I don't believe in the AGW bit either, as I don't think anybody really knows why the climate changes anyway, however the climate change drama queens still exaggerate AGW ad nauseum when the predicted/predicated? events don't happen as predicted, or even the opposite happens, never mind the continuing massaging of the numbers, excluding scientists from peer reviews who might differ from the IPCC so-called consensus, keeping names of contributors to the IPCC whose untimate conclusions are not those of the IPCC, even if they asked to have their names taken off, all sorts of crap going on to the point that scientists are now seeing the peer review system as broken.

So, if I owned anything that is actually under a known threat from the sea for instance, and Gov't comes along and says it might be worse than you think, I'd still want a huuuge wall anyway, even if I thought they were talking in brown hemorrhages.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

No, climate change and warming are all part of the same problem.
Not to say that the climate doesn't naturally change, but the issue is about the rate of it.

Also this is what supposedly Trump said.

A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Did you yourself read over the permit application? Or are you just taking politicos story as gospel?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
so what happens when americans start migrating away from the coast

build a wall ?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
so what happens when americans start migrating away from the coast

build a wall ?

Or move to the mountains.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

climate change drama queens still exaggerate AGW ad nauseum

If citing computer projections of warming trends makes climate activists drama queens, what does this statement make the Donald?

This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull&%&@ has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice

twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Perhaps Donald Trump knows the difference between Anthropogenic Global Warming, and Climate Change?

Anthropogenic Global Warming is the belief that mankind is causing climate change".

Climate Change is a natural process which has occurred for billions of years and will continue to occur...
edit on 27-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Epic of Trump, where even a wall won't work, or Trump and the Golf Ark.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: cuckooold

Perhaps Donald Trump knows the difference between Anthropogenic Global Warming, and Climate Change?

Anthropogenic Global Warming is the belief that mankind is causing climate change".

Climate Change is a natural process which has occurred for billions of years and will continue to occur...

Trump says the planet is freezing. Do you agree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join