It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change-Denier Donald Trump Is Worried Rising Seas Could Ruin His Golf Course

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Good god man. Someone gets it.

So glad there are still sane people left.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well short of humanity being able to acquire the skill of planetary engineering, what is there that can really be done?

Well the social engineers have a horrendous track record thus far. TAXES, and WASTEFUL spending to the tunes of trillions per year that do nothing.

Now they have decided to move on to geo engineering, and the outcome can already be seen.

Putting people out of work, making stuff more expensive. so they go back to some more social engineering.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

But apparently we've reached the point of no return. So, to quote a famous person "what difference does it make?"

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"Well the social engineers have a horrendous track record thus far. TAXES, and WASTEFUL spending to the tunes of trillions per year that do nothing."

That's very true, one would imagine that those trillions of dollars could have been used to eliminate world poverty or at least alleviate the problem somewhat rather than being wasted on something that humanity has little or no chance of being able to change or effect.

Then again that might actually make sense. And we cant have that now, can we.
edit on 24-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

But apparently we've reached the point of no return. So, to quote a famous person "what difference does it make?"

Mankind has always adapted.

It's how we became who are presently are.

They call it PROGRESS.

They also call it EVOLUTION.

Clear to see who the 'anti' science types are.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Mankind has always adapted.

It's how we became who are presently are.

They call it PROGRESS.

They also call it EVOLUTION.

Clear to see who the 'anti' science types are.

And that's just it. Mankind ... Err, sorry, humankind has always found itself on the winning end. We aren't extinct, yet. We move forward and adapt, evolve, persevere. I mean, bible thumpers love them some scripture. So maybe this is all part of gods plan? Make them oceans rise!!!!

I really need to buy a boat.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hold on to your hollyhocks, that area could well be in the sinking zone, Eire is tipping downward whereas Northern Ireland is rising in rebound from the last ice age, (post glacial rebound) so Trump does have a point, there will be ingress to southern ireland coastal areas, already observed in Connemara.

Just looking, Doonbeg is on the Atlantic coast, and also West of the Shannon estuary, so there is erosion and slipping on both sides of Doonbeg.
The Shannon estuary and the Atlantic coastline are both areas of slipping down.

So if you want, factor in climate change as well, but it doesn't matter there will be water ingress in those areas anyway.
See map below, the Maroon areas are all sinking areas, the Shannon estuary and river is the deep cleft penetrating in from the upper southwest part of Southern Ireland, Doonbeg arguably a very vulnerable area. I dare say Trump knows all about that, and is ready to take the pee out of sombody who might bring up his apparent hypocrisy.

edit on 24-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No I don't see any irony here. What I do see is the classic liberal double-speak when it comes to global warming.

Climate change =/= man-made climate change
Climate change =/= global warming

I believe in climate change. The climate is changing, as it has changed, sometimes drastically, for hundreds of millions of years. It will continue to do so, sometimes drastically. There is nothing the human race can do to accelerate or slow this process.

Ever hear "give an inch, they take a mile"? Well that's what's going on here. Trump builds a wall to protect his golf course from the ocean, and liberals come out of the woodwork to shout "SEE!? TRUMP DOES BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING!" AHAHAHAHA!!!

Next you're going to tell me that 99% of all scientists believe in global warming.

Maybe when the leftists stop using gestapo tactics to enforce their world view and stop screaming like spoiled brats when someone argues with them, we can all have an adult conversation about this, and you will realize how wrong you've been up until now. That's never going to happen though.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Don't forget the STATE has been in charge of the 'climate' since 1955.

So for over a half century the state has been in charge.

They have their LAWS.

They have the EPA created by a 'right winger' LOL.

And they STILL scream the end is nigh.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What does any of this have to do with Donald Trump making patently false statements and behaving hypocritically?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
The see levels have been rising and falling since the earth started spinning.

The political left has 1984ed the words "Climate Change" to mean CO2 climate change or man made climate change. The left's new definition of climate change, is what Trump doesn't believe in. Sun cycles, the earth's position in the universe as it spins around the galaxy, and so on. you know, the stuff the democrats cannot get money or power for.

Or maybe people to the left on environmental issues are actually listening to Scientists and reading research papers on Climate change and those on the right are listening to right wing-Fossil Fuel controlled blogs.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

The political left has 1984ed the words "Climate Change" to mean CO2 climate change or man made climate change. The left's new definition of climate change, is what Trump doesn't believe in. Sun cycles, the earth's position in the universe as it spins around the galaxy, and so on. you know, the stuff the democrats cannot get money or power for.

Or maybe people to the left on environmental issues are actually listening to Scientists and reading research papers on Climate change and those on the right are listening to right wing-Fossil Fuel controlled blogs.

And if you're on the wrong side of the debate, you're a Neanderthal redneck, ignorant idiot who doesn't believe in science.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

And if you're on the wrong side of the debate, you're a Neanderthal redneck, ignorant idiot who doesn't believe in science.

True, but we think people who don't believe in Gravity, people that say that we didn't land on the moon, people that believe the earth is flat, and those that don't believe in Evolution are a little behind as well.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
And there's those that require irrefutable evidence before they side with the argument.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

And there's those that require irrefutable evidence before they side with the argument.

True, but Science doesn't work like that. There is no irrefutable evidence that I can give you that the earth is round, or that evolution actually happened or is happening, or that Gravity is a thing or that we actually went to the moon. I can't give you irrefutable evidence of any of that.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Exactly Amazing. So there needs to be faith in the evidence, or lack of evidence. Which is exactly what religion is.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Trump is an opportunist who will utilize anything for his personal benefit; principles, truth or what’s right never gets in the picture

Trump has lied and lied openly so many times and is clearly a hypocrite and arch deceiver it is a sad commentary on the condition of the American people that he would be so close to the presidency.

Another proof of this man’s colossal hypocrisy and self serving actions and contempt for truth that I’m sure his followers will defend the again, the indefensible.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Exactly Amazing. So there needs to be faith in the evidence, or lack of evidence. Which is exactly what religion is.

But are you saying that Evolution is false due to lack of evidence, the theory of Gravity or whatever it's really called is false due to lack of evidence and that flat earth proponents should get as much say in school curriculum as NASA just because NASA can't produce actual irrefutable evidence that the earth is a sphere or close enough, because they could be lying about all the satalitte data, most folks don't understand the mathmatical equations they could produce. So no proof no support.

Meaning, if someone says we need a rocket big enough to escape earth's gravity to launch a GPS Satellite, you say they're full of crap?

Do you believe in evolution or Adam and Eve?

Do you believe NASA put men on the moon or is that a conspiracy?

Do you really believe the earth is flat?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I believe what I can see and feel. I don't believe my emotions to be the truth. I believe that I do not know the answers. More to your question, I "think" evolution might be correct, but I have no clear answer. I was not there to verify that. Just like I wasn't there to verify the crusifiction. If ANYONE says they have the complete and total truth, I say institutionalize them. They're surely crazy.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The OP's title and post fails.

Climate change does not equal global warming.

He titles the thread as Trump denies climate change, then suddenly switches to Trump denying global warming which is a separate topic.

Belongs in the HOAX bin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join