It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do u recommend that we all try?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

No idea what you said but count me in on the next round of shots.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I reccomend writing a peom, it is good for the mind.
Post it here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
- If you have the ability to try this: Live without 'time' for some time. Find a beach, get a bungalow, and forget time... Make no references to it... no Morning, no Noon, No 'Dinnertime', no I'll see you 'later'... No Time. You will loose half your speech and gain some deep understanding.

- Sing to a river... yes, sing.

- Play a guitar on a Mountain Top.

- Walk in the Summer Rain, disregard your wet hair and clothing, and listen.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Newt22 because: Spelling

edit on 24-5-2016 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

I have done all of these but the "no-time" thing. I am a clock watcher, even in sleep. No clue as to why. Any suggestions how to change my ways?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I read your post... Good stuff.

The time thing was a little hard to pull off. I was single (so unencumbered), had some vacation, and decided while talking to a friend to 'let go' of time.

No references to it, no advanced requirements to it, no homage to it. I told all my friends I was without time and they couldn't reference it too, of, or, for me (and they helped)... It. was. Whew. I believe I made it 10 days. It is hard to describe... however, you definitely have a 'before' time and an 'after' time from then on... and it stays.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The recipe for
Mums everyday red lentils from Aarti Sequeria at the food network.
Flavorful and vegan friendly if that's your bag.

www.foodnetwork.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

I was raised by parents who strictly enforced time management. As I am now in my "sunset" years, I'd like to take time to learn to forget time. Any ideas how to begin this would be appreciated.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Sure, first thing is to get your people involved, tell them what your thinking. Getting rid of time. It will sound crazy, but tell them. Then remove all references in your head, and speech, your 'next' from a framework of time. When you eat, eat, sleep... sleep. Waking is when you want and bed as well. Do not do it because the Sun is down. Do not do it because it is Tuesday. Do not lend or build any idea on it's existence. For you have no time - so no anything to do with it. No time references. Your friends will need to understand that you can make no future vague appointments to meet tomorrow for lunch... They, or you will call and ask if they want to hang around with you. You will mess it up, and start and stop over and again... until you are finished with it.

I realize it is a bit... well, out there. I am not even going to frame what you can expect; At the end of it, what you personally will experience.

For me. though it sounds weird to say; Became timeless.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Have children.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Fart in a crowded elevator

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Funny you should ask. I was just thinking about this last night when I was sitting on the porch, watching a rain storm.

A few years ago, I was working in the yard. I had been out in the hot sun for hours. I was tired, sore, sweaty, and dirty; when the sky opened up and sent down a nice rain. Now I was tired, sore, dirty, and soaked. Living in the woods allowed me to strip down to my birthday suit. I washed my hair and my body in the rain. It was the refreshing and soothing. I walked through the woods and it felt like the most natural thing I had ever done.

I recommend it to everyone. Walk with nature au naturel and bathe in God water; at least once.

edit on 24-5-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: accidental click

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It is much harder than most people think.

I too grew up with everything revolving around time. There was a time for everything. Time to get up. Time to brush your teeth. Time to bathe. Time to eat. And on and on and on.

Being the rebellious sort, the first thing I did when out on my own, was to take a night job. I deliberately shifted my circadian clock to what felt natural for me. Since I was always a night owl, this worked well for me. I did that for about 30 years, then something happened. My body no longer wanted to play that game.

I thought switching to a day job would fix everything. It didn't. Now I was in total conflict with time. My mind wanted to stay up all night, but my body resisted. So I was going to bed late and getting up early. Not because I wanted to. My mind fought bravely to stay asleep, but my body wasn't having it.

Now, in my semi-retirement, I stopped fighting. I sleep when I want to sleep. Get up when I want to get up. Eat when I want. I still battle with the persistent, but brief, flashes of guilt, that keep telling me I probably should be doing something other than what I am doing, but I can live with it. I just ignore my Muses; most of the time.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Do something that scares you.
Open up to somebody and be vulnerable.
Travel to a foreign country where they speak another language.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Love someone unconditionally.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

I second that!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Make mac & cheese with garlic butter instead of regular.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What do u recommend that we all try?

Put a @TR^& on your %#E and pretend you are the tooth fairy.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Walk in the rain.
Lay down in a field and gaze up at the sky.
Give something of value (donate money or goods) to a worthy cause, and tell no one that you did, ever.
Adopt a rescue dog, cat or other lovely creature.
Open your home to a foster child.
Meditate.
Create something beautiful.
Spend a day being kind to everyone, every where, for no apparent reason.
Wish upon a star and know it will come true for you.
See the mountains, the ocean, the canyons, the desert, the old growth forests.
Hold a baby in your arms.
Be grateful for all the good in your life, at least for one full day.
Ride a horse on the beach (Ireland would be best).

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Do something kind for someone else - it'll bring a sparkle to their eyes you don't always get to see.

And, if that doesn't work for you - then try having a ghost pepper, as that will be a life-changing experience to only be tried once, and never again.

-fossilera

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22
- If you have the ability to try this: Live without 'time' for some time. Find a beach, get a bungalow, and forget time... Make no references to it... no Morning, no Noon, No 'Dinnertime', no I'll see you 'later'... No Time. You will loose half your speech and gain some deep understanding.

- Sing to a river... yes, sing.

- Play a guitar on a Mountain Top.

- Walk in the Summer Rain, disregard your wet hair and clothing, and listen.

Nice

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join