It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton declines to debate Sanders in California

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

She's being very polite to him. She just not engaging him as competition. It's counter productive at this point especially as Trump is gearing up his ads against her.
You notice trump ignores him too.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Why would trump debate Sanders?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah they had that debate in April remember. Didn't you watch it? At one point they were arguing the exact same point and had to smile and agree.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here a poll there a poll everywhere a poll poll.
Every week between now and November there's going to be a different poll. The only one that's going to matter is the one we all participate in.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Holy green wall of replies, batman. Why shouldn't she debate, we are still in the primaries.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Holy green wall of replies, batman. Why shouldn't she debate, we are still in the primaries.

It's how she makes her paycheck. I've called this out before. Glad someone else noticed besides me.

Maybe it's time to debate Bernie again. And this time, old Bern should take the kid gloves off and stop pandering to be her VP pick, and actually pound some points home on her. NOT denounce her e-mail scandal for one.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

She's not going to debate. There is no gain for her to do that at this point. Her story that she's sticking to is that she already has the nomination. Which is probably right at this point aside from something amazing happening. So there is no reason for her to do so and it would look like she isn't sure about the nomination.

She'll spend this time to get a plan against Trump. Which you know will be the dirties nastiest most underhanded and slanderous campaign ever coming form both sides. The fact that they know each other on a personal level is just going to make it that much more brutal once it gets going.

Sanders is simply doing what he can and fighting the good fight. The guy is serious about this and is doing everything he can against a crooked system and a crooked media. He's doing what a serious and dedicated candidate is supposed to do. He's fighting until the end. The fact that the media and even his own base is selling him out is pathetic and disgusting.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What part of his base is selling him out?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

The whole DNC. They haven't been promoting him at all. They've just been promoting Hillary this whole time and taking her side on everything.

Bernie has had to fight for every moment worth of air time and even then it's all just asking him about Hillary. The DNC should have been fighting for him as much as her or not helping either of them. But they've been one sided on this from the start.

The fact that Sanders got as far as he has just shows the massive support he actually has from "the people". If there was ever a grass roots success story it would be him. Or it should have been him anyway.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline
a reply to: Gothmog

Seriously? Did you both miss Hillary Clinton getting grilled for 10 hours on national television? There's a lot not like about Hillary but if it came down to it, she'd probably take both Sanders and Trump on in a cage fight to the death if that's what stood between her and the Oval Office.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Love bernie but logic seems to be escaping the campaign. Let it go. Its a great moral victory and he made some headway within the rank and file. And to address your post. He was treat fairly kind by everyone especially his republican colleagues whom seem to admire him these days.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: thinline
a reply to: Gothmog

Seriously? Did you both miss Hillary Clinton getting grilled for 10 hours on national television? There's a lot not like about Hillary but if it came down to it, she'd probably take both Sanders and Trump on in a cage fight to the death if that's what stood between her and the Oval Office.

Perhaps you should let us know when and where? The Benghazi hearings? Everything else has been Hillary getting hit with "kid gloves"
Put her shrimp on the barb and see how long she lasts. Bout as long as "Carter stayed in the Army" as we say when something doesnt last but a short while.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Looselungjones2

Love bernie but logic seems to be escaping the campaign. Let it go. Its a great moral victory and he made some headway within the rank and file. And to address your post. He was treat fairly kind by everyone especially his republican colleagues whom seem to admire him these days.

Of course. That's because they've always liked him and respected him as a member of government. They just never paid him much attention. When he first started running I remember seeing something where republicans were talking about him and just said they thought he was a little far out there but they all said he was an honest upstanding man who usually does the right thing. But they also said that is why he didn't exactly fit in with the rest of him.

I wouldn't say he was treated fair at all though. Certainly not by the media and not by the rest of the DNC. They've been backing Hillary from the start of this. Even now, the fact that he's been as close to beating her as he has still hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. Everyone just wrote him off from the start. If it wasn't for the grass roots support nobody would even know about him. The DNC and media have done him zero favors at all.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Trump-Sanders vs Clinton-Satan 2016?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't doubt that she would. She'd probably slip them some poison before hand too like the assassin priestess that she is.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
When I consider celebrities, I ask myself, can I hang out with this person?

Same principle applies here. I'd rather smack myself in the face with a hammer than hang around Hillary for one second.

otoh, Trump has a campy personality, and a relatable motif since the 1980's. Nobody said they "hated him" before this election, that I am aware. He's also been a candidate before, not everyone wins on their first try.

Easy call that Hillary is more of a loser than Trump. At least that....her time is PAST.

Fair disclosure, I went to the local Trump rally and the mood was very positive.
edit on 24-5-2016 by FlyingFox because: ...add the comment that anyone believing her tripe is somewhat brainwashed

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
More on point, nobody *wants* to hear what Hillary has to say....see what I mean?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
An old saying that, if the people around you at the feast are all employees, you are probably an ah0lle

Who does this apply more to...?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
BERNIE NEEDS TO DROP OUT. WHY DEBATE HIM WHEN SHE HAS WON. OH AND SHE HAS WON.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MotherMayEye

She has debated him nine times since last October. I don't think so.

And Bernie came out on top in the focus groups and online polls. So it's not like she won in the minds of the voters -- which is really what matters.

She must be afraid to debate him again. *wicked cackle*

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join