It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe In Life After Death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
the recent release of the movie "White Noise" prompts me to ask whether ATS/BTS members believe in Life after Death. And, if one does believe in life after death, what does one feel is the paradigm of this existance; heaven? hell? dimensional shift?

Mod Edit: Deleted ALL CAP title

[edit on 1/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have no doubt whatsoever about the existance of our souls without the body.........Ive had some experiances with Out Of Body Travel and it completely wiped any doubt from my mind.........

Yes there IS life after the death of the body your using now.....

Im not a believer in the Heaven and Hell stuff.....I think we exist/create a certain vibration that we mesh well with, and when out of the body we automaticly GO to join other like vibrations.........if we live in a high vibration manner we go there...if we live in a low vibe we go there, hence all the rehtoric about the so called heaven and hell.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My life experience has led me to the conclusion that there is no life after death. Though I could always be wrong, its what life has taught me.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
My life experience has led me to the conclusion that there is no life after death. Though I could always be wrong, its what life has taught me.

hi Frith,
What kind of experience if I may ask?
I think that there is actually life after death. Moreover I believe that there was a life before this one and there is one after and following that logic there was never death in the first place. However what do we remmember and when is questionable. I of coruse might be wrong too. It's just my conclusion.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Why are you yelling about this! Uncap the title! No, I am not a mod.....but this against rules here and it's annoying! This is also a subject that has been done time and time again. Sorry to sound like meanie here but dang, so many repeat type threads lately. If you use the search feature you can add to an existing thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well, very interesting question... if Hell or Heaven exists, I believe it would be crowded too much to feel comfortable there. Imagine all those bacteria, mosquitos, who died hundreds of millions of years ago, and they are still bugging those victims who died due to mosquito bite.

Some people really believe, that only humans can reach Heaven, but in reality it shouldn't be the case. People think that they are above everything, they think that they are gods.

Therefore, I believe that life after death is not too possible, at least not with today's thinking. Could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo
hi Frith,
What kind of experience if I may ask?
I think that there is actually life after death. Moreover I believe that there was a life before this one and there is one after and following that logic there was never death in the first place. However what do we remmember and when is questionable. I of coruse might be wrong too. It's just my conclusion.

The following is entirely my opinion on why there is no afterlife.

There is no specific thing I can point out, just a sum of all my life experience and some sort of "gut" feeling I get when I see some of the extreme horrors life has in store for other people, and to some degree myself that makes me feel this way. I also have never seen anything spiritual in my life. I have seen a few UFOs (no aliens), but extraterrestials given that they exist do not have to have any spiritual origins either.

There is no loving God nor karmic retribution because life's inequalities continue unabated. Add to that the fact that only humans have any notion of spirituality while other animals do not makes for a far greater percentage of living things that do not hope for an afterlife. Most likely this is because there is none to hope for. If an afterlife is to be expected, IMO, there should be something instinctual to all creatures which would show itself. As it stands, all creatures fear death. If there was an afterlife, this fear would not exist and there would be some instinctual knowing of this. Now there are some creatures that do not fear death, but this is a response for mating or security of their young. They would rather die than see their genes be eradicated from reality.

Life is unfair, we all know this. People and animals suffer and die tragically while others do not. IMO, the unfairness of life transfers over to death and that those who suffered and lived unfairly should have no reason to assume some sort of justice will be done afterwards. The only equality that can be expected is that everything joins oblivion and becomes nothingness once again.

If reincarnation is real and you live life over and over again without remembering anything concerning previous lives, then again there is no afterlife. Just a constant recycling into a repeating hell-like situation where you constantly go back through the trials of life not knowing any of the particulars surrounding such a pointless trek. If reincarnation was real, then I suspect more than just a few people would remember their past lives as well.

Anyway, I could be completely wrong and if I'm wrong I only have about fifty years or less until I find out like all those who have come before me.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I look at it like this:

Two States of Being - One Being 'Life' & the Other 'Death'

At this moment I am in State 1 - Life. I have been in this State for approx. 30 years. At some point in the future this State is supposed to 'Change' to the Other State - Death.

However, at any point approx. 30 years ago or before, my State of Life was in fact NOT in the State of Life as it is now.

So, if there is in fact only those Two States, (Life & Death), then I suppose there must be 'Death before Life' as well as 'Life after Death'.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
LadyV, the mods are getting a cup of coffee, or dealing with life outside of this Site..I would be, your right however same question, just it was asked differently, Caps... I will reply once this has been direct to the most current thread...
O-yes, You are sometimes the meanie, I like that about you... as well as down to Earth, as well as a little over the top... A good mix!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I believe in life after death, but I dont think of it like most people. I think that the soul is a form of energy and when you die, it is released back to rejoin what it came from. I dont think we can see, feel, touch, taste like we do know. These are all things you need a body for. I think it would be more like an awarness of knowledge and time, but thats about as much of it that we can comprehind.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I beleive 100% in Life After Death

Our body is just a shell and our soul is connected to the source, our travel to earth is just a trip to learn and prepare for acension and we die, we go home in another dimension in a light body and we understand the whole meaning of life
If not, what is the point of living???????????????? WTF! If you are born as a poor little hungry sick african and die at 4 years old...that's it!?????? then life is totally absurd and don't make any sens
Trust me, my life is too much of syncronicities to be just earthy

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I wonder what's the meaning of the reincarnation if you can't take your memories with you? Even if your clean harmless soul would reincarnate into a saudi terrorist family, you would be among those who execute mass destruction. So considering that life after deathexists here on Earth, it is meaningless.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
I wonder what's the meaning of the reincarnation if you can't take your memories with you? Even if your clean harmless soul would reincarnate into a saudi terrorist family, you would be among those who execute mass destruction. So considering that life after deathexists here on Earth, it is meaningless.

LEt me explain this to ya Vertu, my dear

When you are not born yet...you have all the memories of you pasts life, you learned through all those life, the goal is to become more and more close to your soul until you become ONE and incarnations on earth won't be neccesary anymore
You choose the body (family backgroud) you incarnate into knowing what kind of life you will have, but when you are born, all the memories are left behind, but your soul have the memories, but your body is not aware of it! That is the 3 dimensional world. You may choose to incarnate to live sickness and a bad life because your soul have something to learn out of it to grow....when you die, you remember everything with a new luggage of experience...
If you suicide because your life is crap, you will have to do it all over again any way! You HAVE to go througt some experiences to learn....it can take 1000 lifes or 2 or 1....nobody is at the same level
On the other way, earth is the most hard way to learn...you could incarnate in another world (planet) where life is not that hard, and where you don't have to "forget" when you are born

Is that CRAZY????????????????? hehehehe

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yes, I beleive in life after death. Without it there is no accountability for life. We could go through life doing as we please and suffer no consequences. Someone or something out there instills in us goodness, morals, and a consious. Without the latter mankind would have already parished from the universe.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
benevolent tyrant, don't let a movie convince you to think otherwise..To think of your great exsentence(sp) on this earth, for it to end after death (if that really is what it is) to believe it ends here... will be a ongoing question, I feel a different outcome awaits me... Much larger then what I realize here (my life) currently. But thats a different thread that relates to Faith based opinion.. That to holds merit... As well as other similar beliefs... It get's deep... It depends on what you hold true to.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
When you are not born yet...you have all the memories of you pasts life, you learned through all those life, the goal is to become more and more close to your soul until you become ONE and incarnations on earth won't be neccesary anymore

This could be right!!! But what about those creatures, who cannot learn? e.g.: insects, microorganism, or just those who are too stupid to learn? I doubt that they don't have a soul.

Also, the population is growing. Where the heck do those new souls come from?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

This could be right!!! But what about those creatures, who cannot learn? e.g.: insects, microorganism, or just those who are too stupid to learn? I doubt that they don't have a soul.

Also, the population is growing. Where the heck do those new souls come from?

The animal, plants and insects are part of the source too but depending of the creature, there is a part of the universal source that is in them, not like our soul, they have more like consciousness but it's etheric energies

For you population growing...the number of souls are endless the souls are like part of the source (imagine the sea....every drop of water is a soul...) or you can imagine a tree and the little leaves are souls (part of the tree) it's hard to explain but I guess you get the idea

www.users.bigpond.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I get the idea... but I can hardly believe, that after death the leaf will make a decision, that it wants to be an insect next time. Also, it is hard to believe that a mosquito wants to be a human, or vice versa. Therefore, raw memories can't be taken to afterlife, the way a person behaves now, will differ from his behaviour in his next life. However, his awareness could be the same. Means nothing, as I wrote above: even if your unconscious mind remembers everything, studying and hardcore influence can turn you into a cold blooded killer. Your unconscious mind won't ever tell you that what you are doing is wrong, you'll know that you hunger for another victim.

The way around: if you were an infamous serial killer executed for mass destruction, you won't start killing your family members.. and on, because your unconscious mind won't tell you to do that.

If there was any systemathic reincarnation, we would already see its effects in the community structure. Even if not exact occurances would lead us to the point, but it could be possible to scientifically explain that reincarnation exists.

I don't say that I don't believe in afterlife, I simply say that it is an issue restricted to access due to our mind's barriers.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yep i believe in life after death, i reckon were here to learn through our own experience and others. Im not sure about heaven and hell i reckon its more of an infinite plane with room for all but im undecided on that one.

Why do i believe in life after death? Because of what i have experienced and learnt, from life.

One of the greatest things i could say i have experienced is just the awesome beauty of the setting sun, the cooling of a hot day and the gradual darkening of the sky to reveal the stars above. Lots of people experience this and i think many feel the same when they look out into the vastness of space, that there is a genuine presence within that carry’s on long after this shell the body is gone.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by kode]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I don't say that I don't believe in afterlife, I simply say that it is an issue restricted to access due to our mind's barriers.

Yes...restricted
But to understand THAT, you have to search a whole lot on the subject of universe, souls, energies, chakras, and I pass....
I think we had this discussion often Vertu and I will never be able to teach you stuff like that...I guess my soul is older than yours ( no offence) it's not a easy subject to discuss and I get sensitive about that
You have to be DEEEPLY spiritual and meditate to understand the least with those subjects, it's really complex....I get in touch with my own soul everyday on a regular basis, that is why I'm concerned

Amelia

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join