It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Cuban: Hillary Clinton Wants To Meet With Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

According to Mark Cuban, Mavericks owner and star on ABC’s Shark Tank, Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign has been trying for the past month to schedule a meeting with him. It’s no surprise: Cuban—who not too long ago called Trump “probably the best thing to happen to politics in a long long time”—is a high-profile celebrity who has lately grown increasingly critical of Trump, this month likening him to a “guy who’ll walk into the bar and say anything to get laid.”

Clinton’s aides initially attempted to connect with the outspoken businessman roughly a month ago, he says, simply for a general conversation. But the Clinton campaign also apparently reached out to Cuban on Sunday, two days after a widely circulated online Meet the Press clip posted showing the billionaire with a boyish haircut saying that he’d be willing to consider the vice-presidential slot on her ticket.
Mark Cuban: Hillary Clinton Wants To Meet With Me

Let's not forget Clinton's side to this:

Hillary Clinton responded Sunday to Mark Cuban's suggestion that he'd be open to serving as her running mate, and she seemed more than open to the idea.

"I think we should look widely and broadly," she told Chuck Todd on NBC's "Meet the Press." "It's not just people in elective office. It is successful businesspeople. I am very interested in that. And I appreciate his openness to it."
'I appreciate his openness to it': Hillary Clinton expresses interest in Mark Cuban as her running mate

Clinton's quote above is as unequivocal as one can imagine:

Question (paraphrased): Would you be open to Mark Cuban serving as your running mate?

Clinton: "I am very interested in that."

Can people spin the words "I am very interested in that." into "She was just being polite."...what?

Now we have confirmation from Cuban that it looks even more serious. This could be part of the soap opera or it could be a game changer.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
My first thought : Who the Hades is Mark Cuban and why should I care..Isnt there more qualified VPs out there ? Just as Trump will need someone within the political structure due to unfamiliarity , so will Clinton for the same reasons.
As a potential President , she needs someone to keep reminding her she cannot continue doing as she pleases. Oh , wait , Obama has.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
sorry mark, she is just trying to get her new hard drive shreddder on shark tank
edit on 23-5-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Cuban has said he is open to being the running mate for EITHER Clinton or Trump! Guess he's trying to up his chances. For the life of me, I can't see what he would bring to the ticket. He's very much like Trump: Outspoken and speaks before he thinks, and a billionaire to boot, with no political experience. So why would Trump want someone like him when Trump has said he needs someone with political experience, and why would Clinton want a Trump-wannabe on her ticket? It makes no sense either way.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton is looking at a non-politician businessman as a running mate to help her campaign against a non-politician businessman because the non-politician businessman she is running against isn't qualified to lead while the non-politician businessman she wants, is.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
why couldnt she select a different Cuban. How about Fidel. They make a good pair

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Mark Cuban is a billionaire serial tech investor, the owner of Dallas Mavericks and he's had some other sports related ventures. He also owns the Landmark cinema chain if I'm not mistaken. He's also supposed to be a libertarian or libertarian-leaning if I recall and like Trump, he's known for a certain lack of filter. He's also a reality TV personality like Trump — he's on the show Shark Tank. If it's true, it's an obvious ploy to add a little Trump to her campaign which seems like a bad idea. I'd expect her to pick somebody much further to the left of herself to appeal to Sanders supporters.

Just as Trump will need someone within the political structure due to unfamiliarity , so will Clinton for the same reasons.

I disagree completely.
edit on 2016-5-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What is far more important is who Trump picks, since he will win the election. Im gonna puke if he picks Sara Palin...... What if he was assinated or died from natural causes? Could you even begin to imagine Sara as President?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Gothmog

Mark Cuban is a billionaire serial tech investor, the owner of Dallas Mavericks and he's had some other sports related ventures. He also owns the Landmark cinema chain if I'm not mistaken. He's also supposed to be a libertarian or libertarian-leaning if I recall and like Trump, he's known for a certain lack of filter. He's also a reality TV personality like Trump — he's on the show Shark Tank. If it's true, it's an obvious ploy to add a little Trump to her campaign which seems like a bad idea. I'd expect her to pick somebody much further to the left of herself to appeal to Sanders supporters.

Just as Trump will need someone within the political structure due to unfamiliarity , so will Clinton for the same reasons.

I disagree completely.

All that , and still you state nothing that qualifies Cuban as a VP. For either camp

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
From everything I've read of the man, he's certainly smart. He's extraordinarily successful.

He's not a politician? You don't get to his level of wealth without knowledge of the game, and how things get done.

He's as qualified as any former secstate, actually probably more so. He's as qualified as any other billionaire running, probably more so. He's as qualified as any Vermont senator running, probably more so.

I actually like this billionaire...yeah, he's a bit of an ass, but he's a smart one.

Were I running for Pres. I'd have him on the list somewhere for VP. Maybe not the top, but certainly somewhere on it.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
From everything I've read of the man, he's certainly smart. He's extraordinarily successful.

So is Trump.

He's not a politician? You don't get to his level of wealth without knowledge of the game, and how things get done.

So is Trump.

He's as qualified as any former secstate, actually probably more so. He's as qualified as any other billionaire running, probably more so. He's as qualified as any Vermont senator running, probably more so.

So is Trump.

I actually like this billionaire...yeah, he's a bit of an ass, but he's a smart one.

So is Trump.

Were I running for Pres. I'd have him on the list somewhere for VP. Maybe not the top, but certainly somewhere on it.

You didn't run for Pres. Neither did Cuban. Trump did.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Since he could not pick a side he really hurt his chances. No one is going to be excited for anyone who said they'd play for the other team.

Hillary needs a well known trade unionist to bring back blue collar whites union workers.
Sanders supporters are flaky at best.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

That would be interesting, to say the least. Cuban has some baggage, though. His defense of Donald Sterling, for example, saw him attacked for racism not that long ago, for example. He has also gone on record defending Trump's alleged "sexism," which would almost certainly be bounced against him as soon as the Clinton camp starts their "Trump hates women" BS.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Soooo...
Hillary's plan to beat Trump, is to bring on a VP that is like Trump?
Isn't imitation the greatest form of flattery?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Trump is indeed running for Pres., and I'm sorry as hell about that, too.

I don't like the man, I think he's something of a bigot. He has a god complex, 'course all politicians have that to a greater or lesser degree...

I don't trust him to do well by my country. It's that simple. Having said that, I would never underestimate Trumps intelligence.

I don't trust Clinton to do it either.

My whole point is, and I seem to have missed it, that Cuban is just as qualified as either of those twits, and the other one, too, to be President, much less VP.

top topics

join