It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking the Golden Calf; Exodus 32

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser

But Padawan he did give you a reference!
The Dead Sea Scrolls. This is a manuscript that you yourself said on many occasions that you hold higher than the Bible! Yet now its not good enough. Guess it doesnt fit with YOUR agenda.

Then you get mad and upset because you realize your contradictions but refuse to admit it making you even more angry.

Your one strange entertaining Padawan, Padawan.

Coomba98

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

But Padawan he did give you a reference!
The Dead Sea Scrolls. This is a manuscript that you yourself said on many occasions that you hold higher than the Bible! Yet now its not good enough. Guess it doesnt fit with YOUR agenda.

Then you get mad and upset because you realize your contradictions but refuse to admit it making you even more angry.

Your one strange entertaining Padawan, Padawan.

Coomba98

Whatever the Christ a padawan is, you are. You are a Padawan.

Besides that I have never said I regard any scripture more or less than any other. And I don't intend on it.

This particular thread has no use for any of the non canonical scrolls of the Dead Sea. If you are aware of any let me know. Maybe the Apocryphon of Moses but I don't think it says anything that is of any use here.

But I will go and have a look and if I find anything I will let you know.

Maybe lay off the caffeine while you're at it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
While I have looked into the Hebrew book of Jasher which is mentioned in the Bible as the book of the Correct Record or Sephir ha-Yasher, nothing about the story is different except the Levite's are not the killers the people just killed each other, about 3000. It would seem the gold powder made them crazy in this version. Book of Jasher chapter 82

I also have a chapter from a book called Lost Secrets of the Ark that goes into detail on all 3 aspects of my OP, Moses, Egypt and monoatomic gold. Make of it what you will.

Lost Secrets of the Ark

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Padawan, your the google expert i suggest you google the word padawan.

Ohh and im not a padawan, to you im...... Summers Eve!

SUMMERS EVE!!
(your female friendly companion)
edit on 25-5-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Yeah and for the record, I said my Bible used the (canonical) Dead Sea Scrolls in translation.

So obviously I didn't say anything negative about them. You assumed that we were talking about the extra-biblical scrolls but that was not the case.

I never had an issue with anything to do with the DSS period and never said anything of the sort. And nobody quoted anything from the extra-canonical scrolls either. I never had an issue with anything that wasn't just plain in error.

So while I would love to talk to someone who name calls like he or she is a junior high school girl or boy and assumes the most ridiculous and incorrect things to flex his (lack of) intellect I am going to have to refrain because foolishness is contagious.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parazurvan

Yeah and for the record, I said my Bible used the (canonical) Dead Sea Scrolls in translation.

So obviously I didn't say anything negative about them. You assumed that we were talking about the extra-biblical scrolls but that was not the case.

I never had an issue with anything to do with the DSS period and never said anything of the sort. And nobody quoted anything from the extra-canonical scrolls either. I never had an issue with anything that wasn't just plain in error.

So while I would love to talk to someone who name calls like he or she is a junior high school girl or boy and assumes the most ridiculous and incorrect things to flex his (lack of) intellect I am going to have to refrain because foolishness is contagious.

The book of Exodus is canonical.

DSS 4Q22 is described as "paleoExodus" because it uses paleo-Hebrew characters (an ancient character set), not because it is not the book of Exodus.

DSS 4Q22 is Exodus.

DSS 4Q22 is canonical.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan Googlemiser

originally posted by: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser

I am going to have to refrain because foolishness is contagious.

Thats ok Padawan i have a fooloshness repellent, i wont catch it from you.

Coomba98... sorry

Summers Eve

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

DSS 4Q22 is described as "paleoExodus" because it uses paleo-Hebrew characters (an ancient character set), not because it is not the book of Exodus.

DSS 4Q22 is Exodus.

DSS 4Q22 is canonical.

What is your point? I didn't say anything about non canonical books being canonical or canonical books being non canonical.

I appreciate the tip but it has no relevance to me and my comment to him as that was not what we were discussing.

He wanted me to quote from the non canonical DSS because he assumed that is what we were talking about and I just told him we were talking about the canonical book of Exodus and not the dead sea scrolls. I wasn't making any statement about the the dead sea scrolls, just stating that I was not talking about the non canonical scrolls so there was no need to quote from them.

So whatever your up to you wasted your time and need to stop examining every word I say and inventing things to correct me on that I wasn't even saying.

I never said a word about a non canonical exodus because I was talking about specifically canonical scripture from my bible, and making that point clear in the message you so hastily misinterpreted.

Ai Ai Ai. Even sadder you get. What is it you want so bad to be smart? Well you're smart, nobody is saying you aren't.

But you have been unsuccessful in every attempt to correct me and obsessed about it to the point of misinterpreting my comments and focusing on irrelevancies that I still was not incorrect about trying to correct me just once on anything since yesterday.

It isn't going to work because I know how not to type something I am not sure about without the accompanying statement that this is something of which I am unsure.

So it is a fools errand.

I never said that there was a non canonical Exodus and never mentioned anything even close to that.

Wherever you got that from is a mystery to me. He wanted a quote from the non canonical. I told him we weren't talking about the non.

I said I would check the apocryphon of Moses, which is a non canonical book of the scrolls since he asked buy that I didn't think it would help. It didn't.

I also checked the book of Jasher, not much help either.

Get your facts straight.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

DSS 4Q22 is Exodus.

DSS 4Q22 is canonical.

Please show me where I said anything about a non canonical book of Exodus, I never even came close to saying that there was a non canonical Exodus. Are you making up stuff now or what?

I never used the words paleo Exodus. Not even in the comment you quoted, not an earlier one.

You confused Moses Apocryphon with something I didn't say.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

While I have looked into the Hebrew book of Jasher which is mentioned in the Bible as the book of the Correct Record or Sephir ha-Yasher, nothing about the story is different except the Levite's are not the killers the people just killed each other, about 3000. It would seem the gold powder made them crazy in this version. Book of Jasher chapter 82

I also have a chapter from a book called Lost Secrets of the Ark that goes into detail on all 3 aspects of my OP, Moses, Egypt and monoatomic gold. Make of it what you will.

Lost Secrets of the Ark

According to 2nd Samuel 1:17-18 (from the Septuagint): "17 Then David sung this funereal Ode over Saul, and over Jonathan his son, and gave orders that the children of Juda should 18 learn it. Behold it is written in the book of Jasher" .

OK, so, where in the "book of Jasher" that you quote is that ode? It isn't there. That is because the real book of Jashur is lost and the one you referenced is well known to be a medieval fake.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Lost Secrets of the Ark

According to 2nd Samuel 1:17-18 (from the Septuagint): "17 Then David sung this funereal Ode over Saul, and over Jonathan his son, and gave orders that the children of Juda should 18 learn it. Behold it is written in the book of Jasher" .

OK, so, where in the "book of Jasher" that you quote is that ode? It isn't there. That is because the real book of Jashur is lost and the one you referenced is well known to be a medieval fake.

What ode are you talking about?

The book of Jasher is far from lost here is a link to the chapter I was referring too

Book of Jasher

Save yourself the effort I don't just make up stuff. The book of Jasher is easy to find and is the real book of Jasher. verse 17-20 I believe.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Lost Secrets of the Ark

What ode are you talking about?

The book of Jasher is far from lost here is a link to the chapter I was referring too

Book of Jasher

Save yourself the effort I don't just make up stuff. The book of Jasher is easy to find and is the real book of Jasher.

The funeral ode which king David sung over King Saul and his son Johnathan. The one that is supposed to be recorded in the REAL book of Jashur. The one that isn't in the fake book of Jashur, that you linked to.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That is not my problem. I don't believe it is a fake any more than any other so your opinion and no one else's makes a difference.

Don't fault me for checking out a book to help and get information. Plenty of Jews regard Jasher as legitimate and I don't need your approval to reference a book.

It didn't provide any extra information anyway so there is nothing to contest. Basically I just read a book, get over it.

It beats chasing someone for the specific purpose of catching them in error.

Find something positive to say, stop trying to catch me making a mistake. I know you're mad because you have been unable, but it is getting childish.

If you have nothing to add to the topic I'm done being audited by Agent Obsessive of the division of chronically mistaken know it alls.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan

And since I am consuming all the possible ways to refute you, I'll also mention the perspective of the author of Exodus. If you recall, Moses (the attributed author) was absent during the manufacture of the idol.

The only accounts of the manufacture of the idol given to Moses were obvious lies. The whole "we put it in the fire and it came out like that" is a fairly obvious lie.

Moses probably knew a little about the process of making a gilded idol, which is why he knew to burn it to oxide, grind it up and sicken the people with its salts, as punishment.

It is obvious that the only way for Moses to know of the method of manufacture of the idol was to have inferred it, or been told by another informant (who may have given unreliable testament) or to have been told it by God. Since Moses didn't say the knowledge came from God, he inferred it or it was hearsay.

edit on 26/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

That is not my problem. I don't believe it is a fake any more than any other so your opinion and no one else's makes a difference.

Don't fault me for checking out a book to help and get information. Plenty of Jews regard Jasher as legitimate and I don't need your approval to reference a book.

It didn't provide any extra information anyway so there is nothing to contest. Basically I just read a book, get over it.

Find something positive to say, stop trying to catch me making a mistake. I know you're mad because you have been unable, but it is getting childish.

If you have nothing to add to the topic I'm done being audited by Agent Obsessive of the division of chronically mistaken know it alls.

If that is the authentic book of Jasher then 2nd Samuel must be inauthentic. If 2nd Samuel is inauthentic then half of the proof that there ever was a historical book of Jasher, and therefore the justification for the naming of the fake, disappears with it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Parazurvan

And since I am consuming all the possible ways to refute you, I'll also mention the perspective of the author of Exodus. If you recall, Moses (the attributed author) was absent during the manufacture of the idol.

The only accounts of the manufacture of the idol given to Moses, were obvious lies. The whole "we put it in the fire and it came out like that" is a fairly obvious lie.

Moses probably knew a little about the process of making a gilded idol, which is why he knew to burn it to oxide, grind it up and sicken the people with its salts, as punishment.

It is obvious that the only way for Moses to know of the method of manufacture of the idol was to have inferred it, or been told by another informant (who may have given unreliable testament) or to have been told it by God. Since Moses didn't say the knowledge came from God, he inferred it or it was hearsay.

Not a word of this is relevant to what is clearly an allegorical story.

Again you speculate "Moses probably..."

The text says what it says and that is what I am going with. I am not concerned about the technical details that aren't supplied because to accomplish this in the desert with no equipment to make it is as unbelievable as them just happening to have the considerable amount of equipment with them.

So if it isn't in the book I am not interested. I am not thinking about it as a historical incident because I know it is allegory.

Gold, powder, Egyptian papyri that have people consuming this alchemical substance and the phenomenal properties it is said to possess, good and bad, is what I am interested in.

If you want to waste your time speculating about extra ingredients and the process of making go ahead. But I am not indulging your neuroses anymore. You have been amusing but I think for your sake I will not do this anymore. I think your actions reveal your intention is nothing more than catching me making a mistake and I haven't yet.

But wanting someone to make a mistake just so you can correct them is a deviant thing to do. Why are you so desperate that I be wrong about something? I mean, if I don't know something for a fact I just say so in my comment so people know that I am not sure.

That is why you have been unsuccessful.

Have a good life Cronot, you have fun with your goal of finding someone making a mistake it will just have to be someone else.

Parazurvan out.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

If that is the authentic book of Jasher then 2nd Samuel must be inauthentic. If 2nd Samuel is inauthentic then half of the proof that there ever was a historical book of Jasher, and therefore the justification for the naming of the fake, disappears with it.

Lastly there is no point in arguing about Jasher because it didn't have anything to do with the thread.

But for the record, that particular version has been authenticated by orthodox Rabbi's as a legitimate historical but non canonical book.

Other than that nobody knows. I am familiar with the different illegitimate versions and I supplied the correct one.

But it never did provide any information relevant to this thread rendering it moot and your argument irrelevant.

Nothing said in Chronicles renders Jasher illegitimate either as even the Joshua reference appears in it just like it says.

And the art of using the bow is also taught per Chronicles.

The fact that it is mentioned by name in the Bible is also a good thing or at the least moot. If the Bible says it exists and it exists then that is a good thing. If it didn't that would be bad.

Your welcome to your own opinion though. Either way it is harmless.

Now I am out.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Lastly there is no point in arguing about Jasher because it didn't have anything to do with the thread.

But for the record, that particular version has been authenticated by orthodox Rabbi's as a legitimate historical but non canonical book.

Other than that nobody knows. I am familiar with the different illegitimate versions and I supplied the correct one.

But it never did provide any information relevant to this thread rendering it mute and your argument irrelevant.

I think you mean 'moot', not 'mute'.

edit on 26/5/2016 by chr0naut because: So, I won? That was too easy.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Your too late and petty, I already fixed the mistake my spell checker made before you made that comment.

You are way past shame and just flaunting your bitterness by getting on my case about a spelling error. Wow you finally got me for 2 seconds. You must literally be waiting on my message because I fixed that within seconds.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

But it never did provide any information relevant to this thread rendering it mute and your argument irrelevant.

I think you mean 'moot', not 'mute'.

Translation: " I am so petty that a spelling error that existed for 2 seconds is good enough to satisfy my urge to witness you make a mistake. "

I hope so. I really do because you gotta get that out of your system because that could be a sign of problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join