It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton hacker ‘Guccifer’ expected to plead guilty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Romanian hacker Guccifer currently under indictment and charged is expected to change his plea to guilty from not guilty.

Guccifer is the guy who hacked into a bunch of computers and one was Hillary confidant Sid Blumenthal.

That hack is what exposed Hillary's private email system she was using for official business while she was Secretary of State.

I suspect the plea change is part of a deal that may have given the U.S. some ammo for its ongoing investigation(s) into Hillary's email system that has since exposed lots of classified info was sent over her private network.

This could be big.

Clinton hacker ‘Guccifer’ expected to plead guilty

A Romanian hacker who claimed to have broken into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s personal email server is expected to plead guilty to U.S. criminal charges in a federal court this week.

Court records show that Marcel Lehel Lazar, who goes by the alias “Guccifer,” will change his plea during a hearing in Alexandria, Va. on Wednesday morning.

A spokesman with the U.S. attorney’s office prosecuting Lazar confirmed that he would plead guilty.

However, it is unclear which charges the 42-year-old will plead guilty to, or whether the move is part of a deal to cooperate with federal officials on other cases.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Or it's semantics and showy to appease the public so we are led to believe Hillary is even at risk of anything. I just don't see anything happening with this. She's been selected to win and will probably be installed as POTUS. I've come to accept this...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hopefully Lazar doesn't end up found dead in his cell on Tuesday!

Thanks for sharing, interesting development! I'll be following closely to see if the change in plea is resulting from other investigations or if he's just trying to save as much of his own skin as possible.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Definitely going to cooperate with the Feds against Crooked Hillary now.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I think he has proof he hacked the Hillary server.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He would have to have something of value to make any kind of deal.
The govt isnt in the habit of giving deals for nothing.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I think he has proof he hacked the Hillary server.

That would likely be the 2GB of data he said he had hidden away...'Get out of Jail Free Card'.
edit on 23-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Pretty early to consider him a Clinton hacker. You know since records show her server was never hacked and all. That and that the story says there's no reason to believe him.
edit on 5232016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Pretty early to consider him a Clinton hacker. You know since records show her server was never hacked and all. That and that the story says there's no reason to believe him.

What "records" ??

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Why would you or anyone believe this criminal. He led Fed's to believe he had something to plea with and now they see he has nothing his only choice is a guilty plea.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Ok reports say. Not that your claim is so rock solid.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This has been covered in depth in other threads, but I guess you are still not understanding.

The server did not have appropriate security to track all intrusions. So, just because they did not find logs of intrusions, does not mean that it was not hacked. Also, logs can be overwritten regularly if the security is not appropriate.

There are many more details in other threads with which you are very familiar.
edit on 5/23/16 by BlueAjah because: grammar

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What could it be hmmm. I wonder. Could she be selling military secrets t o Kim jong un? Forming a master plan with Boris and Natasha to get moose and squirrel? Conspiring with aliens to overthrow all government on earth? Just what do you think such a valuable haul might include?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You know, man, the ones talked about by sources close to the investigation.

Interesting development, btw.

The FBI hits him with what could happen to him if he insists on pleading not guilty in relation to having classified information and his plea changes.

Keep in mind, his extradition has an expiration date:

Last month, a source with Romania's DIICOT anti-organized crime and terrorism unit told Reuters that the country's top court had "approved an 18-month temporary extradition to America for the hacker."

Reuters

Why would the US government agree to that unless they knew that he'd be going back in that time frame.

If they expected him to be sentenced, then they would have sought an indefinite extradition, no?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What could it be hmmm. I wonder. Could she be selling military secrets t o Kim jong un? Forming a master plan with Boris and Natasha to get moose and squirrel? Conspiring with aliens to overthrow all government on earth? Just what do you think such a valuable haul might include?

Justify with fictional characters eh.

Guccifer is real and very dangerous to the Hillary Campaign right now.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Hillary aint no sweet polly purebred

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If the claims that the server was never hacked is hearsay so is the talk of it being unsecured. Why is one set valid and the other not huh? Source?

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

If the claims that the server was never hacked is hearsay so is the talk of it being unsecured. Why is one set valid and the other not huh? Source?

www.nytimes.com...

according to people close to a federal investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s emails.

The "people" must be Boris and Natasha !!!

LOL

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Exactly. The Fox mantra. They're the ones who use that. Sources close to investigation say Clinton indictment being handed down in days. Or Andrew Napolitano says....they have enough to lock her up. Investigation entering final phase indictment within 60 days. But that was back in early March of course.
Since we all know the FBI doesn't leak even at the suggestion of senator Grassley all information is conjecture until an actual report is issued.
That being said analysts will still weigh in on both sides but neither side should be considered gospel.
If you can continue to supply right wing sources to support your views I can find an equal number of left wing sources saying the opposite. We'll go round and round until an actual report is issued.
Enjoy the dance.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join