It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total War: WARHAMMER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
When I was younger I had an addiction , the computer I had bought in 2001 introduced me to Shogun: Total War which of course led on to Medieval: Total War which inevitably led onto the hard stuff .... Rome: Total War ! , Rome: Total War was for me the pinnacle of historical RTS and I loved it , veni vidi vici.

Following the wondrous highs of Rome: Total War the series lost me after Medieval II , the fun just wasn't there anymore and for me the shine had come off the series , but the latest offering from The Creative Assembly has piqued my interest once more , Total War: WARHAMMER may have put the fun back into the series and given me a reason to dive back in and lead my armies to glorious victories once more.

The game releases tomorrow and the reviews for it have been very positive , it's currently sitting with a score of 86% on Metacritic with 36 reviews in , perhaps the inclusion of fantasy instead of history is the shot in the arm the Total War series needed to draw back lost Total War veterans like myself , it could be time to dust off my Generals hat for one last foray into RTS land.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am a huge total war fan and warhammer fan, too bad i cant afford this new one right now, hopefully sometime this summer i can get it, gonna go start up medieval 2, and do a few battles.

Cough cough if anybody has steam and is willing to get me the game lol, i would be forever your friend

edit on 23-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A funny thing;

Many moons ago I was playing the first Total War after receiving a demo disc in like a Game Informer magazine, fell in love, had to buy it, played every damn TW so far except for Atilla (meh) longer story shorter... I post on the tw.net forums that I'd love to see Warhammer as a potential TW title, man, you wanna talk about butthurt so many were like LULZ A FANTASY WORLD? STUPID!!!!!!!!

Well now bitches; it's here.

I can't wait, knowing these a-holes I'm going to spend half as much or more on the DLCs... is gore a DLC again? Why isn't that standard? Better be glad this Warhammer, only reason I will buy it, stop over simplifying games /rant

Do you hear that?

DA WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
edit on 23-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Haven't played a TW game in forever, just watched the trailer and it looks epic!!

Think I might have to grab this one when pay day comes

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I love the total war series mainly because I love history and strategy but I just bought this yesterday and quite excited to play

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Huge fan also for many years , really was looking forward to something different , here it is

Only problem right now i do not know what race i should choose for my first playthrough.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hi all,

I purchased this game and so far i have spent about 6 hours on it. i have only played the campaign so far but what can i say it is amazing!

For someone who for years has been getting bored of gaming because of the fun aspect is not there anymore for me and it seems to be based on pure competitiveness between people, it has become more of an effort/chore for me but this game has sucked me right back in. So If you love total wars games or tabletop fantasy games then this is worth every penny/cent and for the first week you get a chaos army free

If anyone is on steam please add me jamesthegooner

And i still can not get enough of the green skins Oarks Screaming waaaaagh!!! while charging my front line and then the clash of metal on metal pure bliss

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: funnybones

Yeah it is awesome , i am really impressed so far after 21 hours playing the Empire.

i see your other thread , i got a lot of those games u listed i am gonna send you a friend invite.

i live in Europe btw , 1 hour difference with the UK so that wont be a problem.

my steam user name is Thegreazel.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Hi TheGreazel

I am quite busy at work for the next few weeks but next time you see me online send me a invite
like i said on my thread still a bit rusty

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I just got the game, if anybody wants to do a coop map just send me a msg im on steam.
edit on 6-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join