It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elevating Women: What is in it for men?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If they want to WIN they do.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Maintaining birth rates(Bigger picture),avoid creating MORE like myself,and lets yet repeat again :I AM hard wired that way ...and I like that.
THOSE who defer may not be fit for such a position anyway or have not the depth of character to maintain polite disciplines.
I do.
How others show up later and try to redefine that for themselves is not my concern,but to open women up for the draft is totally unecessary, we have enough men like ME to show up and spend ourselves for it.
All WE need to do is modify the OLD boy rank structure which what this "Combat"act I speak of is for.
Not fudging Ranger school school graduates for public consumption.
But don't even TRY to take MY word for it they're not MY women.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How many have joined the SAS?
Do you think you can elaborate as to why that is?
edit on 25-5-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

if I am interpreting what you mean right, that must mean that the last war that the politicians got us in was WW2, since we haven't really one a war since them.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Oh no we actually win on the battlefield 90% of the time against Eastern forces on a 10 to 0ne basis.
They won't tell YOU that because the media is mostly led by a hippie based influx of logic being "WAR BAD".They avoid the sticky issues of WHY we go just what happens when it's over.
Our politicians however have failed us every single time.
I also won my war little one.
Desert Storm ...YOU KNOW the big bad 4th largest army in the world, led by a tinpot raghead,whom we lied to to in order to bait him into a response ,we got it ,beat his ass then left.
The banks wanted that one, lucky me.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I as well learnt that the earliest cultures were matriarchies. The role of the male in pregnancy was unknown and the female form was venerated as a sort of self contained fertility figure of some magical standing.

The early Venus statues, the Celtic equality of men and women (women could divorce their husbands for example), all point to earlier societies being matriarchal in design.

No, those things you mention don't point to that at all. Yeah Celts were fairly democratic compared to the likes of Romans (Pater Familias and big daddy dictator), but that doesn't at all prove some kind of matriarchy. And as I already said, Venus figurines aren't proof of any either.

If you can quote any respected anthropologists arguing for an ancient matriarchy, then maybe I'll believe you.

I am sorry that you think one has to be a respected anthropologist to share commonly accepted evidence. That said here are some evidence from matriarchal societies:

The Iroquois
uclajournals.org...
theiroquoisstory.weebly.com...

The Nakhi in China
gbtimes.com...

And there are many others.

The reason it is hard to find them is exactly because this was a prehistorical cultural system, and since matriarchies were replaced by patriarchies they are harder to dig up in the record.

And furthermore, what about Boadicea of the Celts? She ruled her clan, and many took her name. Is that not matriarchal?
edit on 25/5/2016 by chris_stibrany because: quote error

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I would say as a traditionalist men mostly feel a pride in protecting them, that is hard wired.
May I ask the OP: How about women in combat?
As a former soldier I doubt their ability to perform my mission without the upper body strength or emotional dettachment to events,FROM BOTH SIDES.

When I was in the Army a lot of the women in my platoons did better than some of the guys. I think they may not have the upper body strength but as you know it is not always about brawn it is about will power.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Tell that to whomever would try to pull me out of a track.
It's also overboard emotional stimuli one needs to filter out without feelings, THEN kill without them.(Only to return HOME and have people attack YOU for your governments policies and asshats who aren't REAL soldiers anyway they just got through basic and try not to off yourself as your work was a lie)
I DO seem to recall pissing off 80% of the NCO cadre I met in the Cav by kicking up my vocabulary to 3 syllable words ,it was a handy tool,when I needed it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Claiming that prehsitory was matriarchal, but that there isn't any evidence for prehistoric matriachies because the evidence was obscured or lost, is a fallacy. Lack of evidence isn't proof of anything. I'll concede that there are a few specific instances in which matriachies may have existed. But this certainly doesn't extend to the whole of humanity during prehistory. That's a ridiculously broad, unprovable claim, and a claim which won't win you any arguments.

As for Boudica, she was one specific case. The existence of one powerful woman doesn't indicate that Celts were matriarchal. Celts were by-and-large governed by a warrior aristocracy. The chieftain or king was surrounded by a following of retainers and bondsmen who exercised the greatest authority. If you want more information about Celtic society, I'd be happy to oblige you. The Iron Age and Classical antiquity are special interests of mine.

edit on 25-5-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
women should have equal rights. and lefts.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

On the one hand, you see a woman not pulling her weight, whereas I see a woman fighting for her rights, which obviously takes time...and since it is a workplace inequality issue, what's wrong with it being on the company's time when they created the issue in the first place?

She was hired to do a job for eight hours a day, not spend half that time trying to find a way to sue her employer.

On the other hand, you see a woman using sexual humour to gain favour, whereas i see a woman playing a man's game and being negatively criticized for doing what some men consider acceptable in a work environment.

She was not using sexual humour to gain favour, she was violating company policy and expecting to get a pass on it because she is female. Men get fired for it, not gain favour. It happens all the time, because it is not acceptable.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Are there any swords of iron found that oddly predate known specimens?
SORRY!
Not the subject I know...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Where is your evidence krazy
What proof have you Christianity teaches a double standard between men and women

You really want to go there?
Feminine Oppression and Empowerment in Historical and Contemporary Judeo-Christianity

Misogyny, Not So Much Homophobia, Is the Church’s Root Issue Needing a Solution

Christian Misogyny: Female Sexuality in the Primary Historical Sources for Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe

Women And Religion: Sexism In The Christian Tradition

Holy Misogyny

The Legitimation of the Abuse of Women in Christianity

How is that? I can continue too, but I doubt you'll read those sources so I think that'll be enough.

Where is your evidence krazy
What proof have you Christianity teaches a double standard between men and women

So your issues relate to false doctrines and poor teachings.
If you want to destroy christianity and her teaching you need to show the double standards in the bible, not in the broken, inept attitude of the human church.

Those ludicrous links, those I read dealt with many religions and with attitudes that are based on secularism in the church.

Not the new testament teaching of Christ and the disciples

I will call that a good try, just missed the mark by a good way is all.

You really have to understand what christianity is before trying to attack christianity

So let me say it again, maybe slicken up my question

What proof have you that the true Christian message teaches a double standard between men and women

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

There is a big need for a campaign like this in areas where women are oppressed, such as Saudi Arabia. In the USA, women have more than equal rights, and actually have many legal and social benefits above and beyond men.

If you can name one right that men have that women do not, I will go and sign the petition.

Until then, I will have great sympathy for the droves of women in the middle east that are truly being oppressed, and pray that the feminists in the USA will start focusing on that, instead of focusing on "Islamphobia."

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

AND talk about pretty,some are so beautiful.
I have a pathological dislike for those I catch hurting pretty ladies...I'm old fashioned and lethal...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Women had to say "Love honor and obey".. men did not. It would take a special kind of cognitive dissonance to not acknowledge that kind of double standard where one spouse is expected to be a slave and the other a master.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How many have joined the SAS?
Do you think you can elaborate as to why that is?

You said armor and artillery. Asking about special forces is moving the goal posts back. Though as to why not many females have joined special forces is most likely because the right ones haven't signed up, but for one, you'll never know if women could pull it off if you deny them entry altogether.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Are you serious with this? If you can't see how Christianity teaches misogamy from these links then you aren't even trying. I mean this:

Not the new testament teaching of Christ and the disciples

Is bull#. The NT is just as misogamist as the OT. The entire bible was assembled by a patriarchal church that taught original sin, forbade women from being in the priesthood, shunned women for being raped, etc. The entire Christian religion is stacked against women and if you can't see that then you don't want to see it.

But don't worry. You aren't alone. All Abrahamic religions are like this. That is the major failing of all of them. This is why fundamentalist teachings of all three of these religions force women to over cover their bodies, shames them for liking sex, shames them for being raped, trades them like a commodity, and all sorts of other demeaning things. I don't get many opportunities to identify failings of religion outside of Christianity, so I just want you to know that I'm not just singling your religion out on this one.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: everyone

women raping men, really? must be one heck of a drunk man,

That's a nice excuse. Do you usually also do that when a woman has sex while she is drunk and then screams "Rape" a month later?

or are you talking about men raping me?? I do believe that is illegal??

Yep "Rape" by either a woman or a man. Men do get raped and are sexually assaulted by woman a lot more then you would like to admit but that law is also specifically mentioning "or having objects analy inserted" Which in the case of woman also constitutes as rape since a woman can claim and sue rape charges because someone inserted a finger in her ear, literally that. A man cannot ,there is no law where that is specified for a man ,there is for woman.

or one heck of a wimp!

I find it a bit ironic that all of a sudden making sexist remarks like that seem to be so easily made and acceptable for you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If both men and women are working, that creates more tax money "for "the man".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join