It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Freddie Gray Arresting Officer Found 'NOT GUILTY' On All Charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I recall him just saying he heard noises but he might have said he thought it was Gray banging his head. Either way that witness statement would have nothing to do with this particyular officers trial right?
edit on rdMon, 23 May 2016 11:26:00 -0500America/Chicago520160080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He said it was noises "like he was banging his head."

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

As for this trial in particular, probably not except in a tangential sense. The prosecutors could have theoretically used it to bolster the endangerment charges but it would be a stretch at best. IMHO, anyway.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Cops getting away with murder, what else is new?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

In another article on the same topic has the attorney for the Grey family commending the judge for not bowing to public pressure, which good for both of them

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Except he wasn't charged with murder.

Ill-informed hyperbolic comments. What else is new?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: NewzNose

2nd degree heart muder?

Justice is blinded by greed, power, and money.

I noticed that too. What exactly does that mean? Honest question - I've never heard of "2nd degree heart murder," and I'm just curious as to what it is.

The first two posts, of course, regard race. Can't even get a single reply without someone pulling that card.

Incredible.

Wait, what? Are you not familiar with this case?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You are aware of the phrase though, right? But to be fair to you, cops getting away with the death of an unarmed black man, what else is new?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Sure, it's a cute phrase and all. Aside from it doesn't pertain to this particular trial at all.

The prosecutor never looked at this particular officer as being involved in or responsible for the death of Gray. Had they, I think it's safe to say given their incredible zeal regarding the case, they would have happily thrown a murder charge his way.

They didn't.

But don't let that stop the star grab!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Bet if his name was lavoy pulling a gun after breaking laws we would be sooooooo upset.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Can't be called racial decision. Judge was African-American.

Also because police vs. citizen murders are mostly about Controllers vs. The Controlled, and less so about race-targeting (though I suspect African-Americans are the preferred targets of the evildoers, even when said evildoers are African American themselves.)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
One of my favorite Congressmen, Elijah Cummings, is taking the old ho-hum attitude with this verdict...

Dem Rep Cummings on Freddie Gray Verdict: ‘This Is the Way Justice Rolls’

edit on May-23-2016 by xuenchen because: it rolls

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

CNN check: No riots or looting ......yet, but,

I've got the popcorn handy!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Still hung up on the murder thing eh? In any case, another officer cleared of all responsibility of the death of a man in his care. Nothing new here.

Star grab? If I was in for the stars I would be a staunch police loving conservative.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They don`t have any evidence to convict any of the officers who have been charged, the ONLY reason the state charged them was to appease the rioters so that they would stop rioting.I think the state probably even told the officers that they were going to charge them,to stop the riots,and that there is no chance that you`ll be convicted.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Still hung up on the death somehow being this officer's fault eh?

Yep, that officer was cleared of the claim that arresting Gray constituted assault. Since he had nothing to do with Gray after initial contact, he wasn't looked at as responsible for in any way for the death. Hence why he wasn't charged in connection with the death.

Try reading the actual charges, sort of shuts down your pity party.

And yea, let's pretend a) I'm a "staunch police loving conservative" and b) that "police lovers" are the majority here on ATS. That's always a fun game of magical make-believe fantasy land.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Have to agree with sham here, this cop was just the arresting officer and that has nothing to do with what happened in the van. This was about his condition before that and looks like they didn't have enough to say he did anything.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that...never heard of it before.

Looky there...I can learn something new everyday!

edit on 23-5-2016 by NewzNose because: dropped a comma on the way out. apologies!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Good. I guess the witness's statement who was inside the van held some weight, that Gray threw himself around on purpose, causing injury. I am sick of Cops being hung out to dry for none other than finding someone other than the suspect to blame.
Let's hope things stay peaceful around there and everywhere else.

iTruthSeeker

But don't you know that some of the cops were white and since they're white it means they're evil, bad and of course RACIST! Get with the program Mr. cisman!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The really easy fixes for these issues...

We have police shootings and issues like this in Vegas as well, except...the police here make an effort to get out into the community and interact with the community and what happens here is that most citizens trust the cops and don't riot and get all bent out of shape.

Police in many other areas don't trust the police.

Police NEED to get involved in their communities. You can't stop crime without community involvement and by in. Second, when bad cops actually get arrested, charged and convicted, the community gives the good cops the benefit of the doubt.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I wonder if the officer(s) involved were even sworn in.. There is a HUGE difference between AUTHORIZED and SWORN. There are plenty of rogue officers out there that ARE NOT beholden to the constitution or your rights. It would be prudent of citizens to ask before interaction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join