It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iran Deal Wasn’t About Nukes At All

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: Xcathdra
Anyone that thought the Iran deal was about nuclear weapons, clearly was never paying attention to anything but the MSM and buying into the fear they were spreading.

It wasn't just the MSM. Don't forget Netanyahu, the Republican Party and the hawkish Democrats were actively promoting that view, as well. They deserve equal blame for spreading the propaganda.
edit on 23-5-2016 by enlightenedservant because: typo "for" not "fr". grrrr...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The Iran Deal Wasn’t About Nukes At All

The Obama administration decided early on that the only way to get the United States out of the Middle East was to replace it with Russia and Iran.

Remember the Iran deal? Of course you do. The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was one of the greatest diplomatic agreements of our time, a last-ditch effort to stop Iran from acquiring a nuclear bomb and thus avert inevitable military action by the United States and its allies. Hard negotiations provided a verifiable inspections plan that would keep Iran walking the straight and narrow for at least a decade, if not longer. The media, of course, served only as the impartial platform for analysis and debate.

Anyone who doubted this narrative or raised almost any objections to the deal was just a hater, maybe even a racist with a personal grudge against Barack Obama. (Also against the deal, of course: Jews with divided loyalties.) After all, the experts—non-partisan, of course—assured us that everything was in order.

This was all nonsense. What really happened was that the White House put out a set of talking points, not all of them true or accurate, to a trusted circle of journalists and advocacy groups. Those groups worked with experts in other groups, who then supported those talking points in media already friendly to the White House narrative. Asked for comment, the White House agreed with the experts it had primed, then fed more talking points back into the loop.

We no longer have to speculate about this. As anyone paying attention now knows, Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes—it’s so hard to type those words—couldn’t help but take a victory lap in front of The New York Times. Rhodes named names and organizations, crowing that the White House had created “an echo chamber” mainly composed of journalists who are “27 years old and…literally know nothing.”

ugghh...

What’s the Real Game Here?

The smug admissions by Rhodes and others that the “echo chamber” was real and did its job are grating. But to focus on Rhodes and Cirincione spiking the football is to miss a more important question: Why did everyone go to such lengths over a deal that was supposed to be so good?

Rhodes, of course, says it’s because everyone but the White House and its friends were too stupid to understand how smart the deal was. The real answer, however, is as unsettling as it is simple: selling the deal required subterfuge and misdirection because the Iran deal was never about nuclear weapons.

The White House and its supporters were set on two goals, one of them trivial, the other terrifying. The trivial objective was to give a failed presidency at least one foreign policy legacy item. That was to be expected, since the Obama administration, in permanent campaign mode since the day the president took office, has presided over the worst American foreign policy in the modern era.

The more stomach-churning objective is that the administration, as it turned out, really believed in its pledges to get America out of the Middle East, and decided early on that the only way to do this was to replace the United States in the region with a duumvirate of Russia and Iran. Here, the JCPOA was part of a huge gamble to transform the region, with nuclear weapons the secondary rather than primary issue. That’s why J Street and others were involved: they were far less concerned with notional Iranian nuclear weapons than they were with advancing President Obama’s Middle East legacy—without having to admit what it was.

Click link to read the remainder of what we talked about on here when this mess was announced.

And the scandals just keep on coming. I wondered why ME countries started acting without the US and we apparently now know why. This also m8ight explain why Irans been as aggressive as they have and why Russia is acting the same.

Obama really needs to be impeached.

In this, Rhodes and his minions are the living embodiment of the true motto of the Obama administration: Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi, or “What is permissible for the gods is not allowed for cattle.”

"Worst foreign policy in modern era?" What idiocy.

I criticize Obama, but Bush was Far worse on foreign policy, and far more destructive. The world generally concurs..

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I dont think we are looking at the same foreign policies then.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Lithium? The ME has plenty of natural resources that can be pillaged. Greed is a powerful motivation and those with all the wealth can never have to much wealth.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I dont think we are looking at the same foreign policies then.

I consider Obama to be a puppet, who is still instituting global US empire, such as regime change focused actions in Syria and Libya. And there are the continuing drone strikes. The continuing domestic surveillance, etc. I consider these all highly unethical and or dangerous.

However, George Bush on a relative scale did more, he invaded two full countries and arguably disrupted and caused the deaths of a lot more people. He also was the main accelerator of the drone strikes and surveillance (Patriot Act). AND, he legitimized torture.

He also is generally credited by much of the world for ruining global relations and reputation for the US and much of the world. Putting them side by side, it's clear.

What policies are you looking at?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
With the Saudi involvement in 9/11 I keep wondering why Americans don't see that a better alliance would always have been with strategically placed Iran.

Iran has never threatened either American or Europe, in fact it was the USSR and Britain who marched into Iran when it was a neutral country in. Its interesting how we can respect countries like Switzerland and Sweden as Neutral but countries strategically placed and of course with oil are quite another matter. I attach a very interesting little bit of history that most of us won't know.

www.iranreview.org...

To many outside American it seems as though its Israel that dictates American foreign policy in the ME and not the interests of the American people. As for the Iran nukes isn't this a little like the Iraq weapons of mass destruction?
Anyone who thinks that Iran couldn't do the Saudi trick of buying nuclear weapons from Pakistan is quite mistaken - money only counts in the hands of those with access and control of those weapons.

Ironically just when we are entering the era of other energy sources,( Germany generated too much electricity from renewable sources recently), so I suspect a lot of other countries are reaching that situation as well and added to fracking etc its odd that suddenly when we are coming to not need so much oil, the Iranian supply lines are suddenly politically opened by this deal.

I suspect the possibility of Western politicians actually being suddenly and rudely awakened to the problems of Wahabism spreading around the world is quietly involved. Its something they should have been on the ball about much earlier when Saudi aspirations to rule the world through it own brand of Islam started off. Only blind people could not have noticed the input of mosques in so many other countries with Saudi imams preaching their rhetoric. Now this is knocking on America's door and becoming an internal threat. With Western Human Rights laws fully in place perhaps the people they were meant to protect have been usurped into giving protection to extremist religious agitators. In the UK we have Muslim extremist Anjem Choudary a particularly nasty piece of work fully insulated against prosecution by these laws. So its a nail in the foot of those who thought these laws would protect the rights of people.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Do you think it's a bad idea to get Russia to be involved in "the empire" (world relations) ?
Let them pay for making things better?

Saudi Arabia and Iran are the top two terrorist supporters, but at least I talk to Iranians on ATS. Saudi culture is stupid to say the very least.

USA Russia relations growing closer would be a gift to the world.

Of course that breaks up the storyline I was told in the army.. Too bad.
Russia helped kick ISIS booty..
I think over time they will (Russia) mold their image closer and closer to USA to have more cultural impact on the world as a "big brother."

We are all in this together.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: superman2012
Anyone that thought the Iran deal was about nuclear weapons, clearly was never paying attention to anything but the MSM and buying into the fear they were spreading.

It wasn't just the MSM. Don't forget Netanyahu, the Republican Party and the hawkish Democrats were actively promoting that view, as well. They deserve equal blame for spreading the propaganda.

Right, my point being that they were given the "air time" to spew their hate and lies and the MSM regurgitated it only have the average person grab a spoon and start eating.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I can agree with that. I just don't want people to forget the constant anti-Iran propaganda that was pushed by more than just the Obama administration.
edit on 25-5-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (facepalm) left out a word. need to start checking my posts before posting them

top topics

<< 1   >>

join