It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autogynephilia: The Elephant in the Transgender Bathroom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Boadicea

I dunno even know how to pronounce that word.

Autogynephilia:
otto guy na feel ee ya.

+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have an odd question or several....

LGBT is "Lesbian", "Gay", "Bi-sexual" and "Trans-gender", no?

Lesbians, i.e. women who prefer women, are by definition "gay". Shouldn't "GBT" cover things? Apparently not.

Why is it they have their own term for their orientation but there's no male equivalent term?

So, lesbians "technically" get two mentions in the mockronym "LGBT", one of which: lesbian is specific to them; males get grouped into the generic, catch-all category of "gay".

Are we seeing yet another attempt by females to denigrate and otherwise marginalize males?

+21 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I hate when people post a giant wall of uninformed opinion "backed up" with links to WordPress blogs authored by non-expert hate mongering trolls — and then present it as "the truth."

Everyone is always more ignorant for it. Quite a public disservice.

Let's take this gem:

"Male transgenderites are 18 times more likely than real women to be convicted of violent crime "

That's a link to WordPress blog The truth about AUTOGYNEPHILIA.

The data to support this is a table from a study done done in Sweden of 191 male-to-female transsexuals from 1973-2003.

1. Male-to-female transsexuals are not crossdressers, they've had gender reassignment surgery. In other words, they have vaginas. Setting aside the fact that "autogynephilia" is part of an enormously controversial theory, disputed by many other equally and more prominent researchers than Ray Blanchard, the term itself applies to a type of transvestic fetishist — a person who crossdresses as part of a sexual fetish.

2. "Violent crime" isn't synonymous with sexual assault at all. It's a catchall from everything from threats to homicide and includes simple assault and robbery. In fact, there's no data about the breakdown of crimes or victims. There very well may have been 0 sexual assaults.

That's one link.

+11 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Wait, this thread is about transgender bathroom usage right? The thread is long and I doubt I'll read all 8 pages of the OP.

All too typical of a response in this day and age.

Valuable information is provided for you, free of charge, all you have to do is read it.

Oh, wait .... it is too big a bite.

OP, well put together and finally a thread with real substance on this issue.

Bathrooms are designed to cater for our differing body parts.

That is simply the logical truth.

P

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

Why is it they have their own term for their orientation but there's no male equivalent term?

Because a certain political party that leans LEFT just LOVES identity politics.

The creation of the hyphenated American moniker comes from same people who literally pulled 'transgender out of their snips.

The same people that created the term 'mass shooting' the same people that created the term 'assault weapon' the same people that created 'income' inequality.

They just LOVE making snip up.

For over 200 years where people went was NEVER an issue until election time of 2016.

Hell for the last eight years they never uttered one word about it.

No suddenly its' a GD 'civil' rights issue!

If ya wonder why people have contempt of politics, and stay out of it.

It's because of stuff like this.

The world has seriously got to be laughing their butts off at how ignorant American politics is.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

We've been told this is all about gender not sex. This is a half truth. For autogynephiles, it's ALL ABOUT SEX -- those heterosexual and other nonhomosexual men who are sexually aroused by wearing women's clothing, and/or performing in female roles. They may also claim/believe they are women trapped in men's bodies, or (more commonly) possess both male and female attributes; but however they feel about their gender, it's all about sexual gratification.

What are the indicators separating an autogynephilic person from a transgender person such one can tell the difference between someone dressing for sexual gratification versus dressing for gender identification?

This is getting really confusing - I mean, where do autogynephilics sit in the wider transgender community? Are they seen as heathens or copycats or are they accepted as being different but the same (or the same but different?)

Is identifying and dressing as the opposite sex primarily for the purpose of sexual gratification reason enough to enter into already established gender segregated facilities of their choosing or should they have to use the bathroom as per their gender assigned at birth?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
I have an odd question or several....

LGBT is "Lesbian", "Gay", "Bi-sexual" and "Trans-gender", no?

Lesbians, i.e. women who prefer women, are by definition "gay". Shouldn't "GBT" cover things? Apparently not.

Good questions. I have no idea. But I have also wondered why that is.

So, lesbians "technically" get two mentions in the mockronym "LGBT", one of which: lesbian is specific to them; males get grouped into the generic, catch-all category of "gay".

Are we seeing yet another attempt by females to denigrate and otherwise marginalize males?

I don't think that's it...

It seems to me that the adjective "gay" is a much better and positive moniker than just the simple noun, "lesbian." If anything I would think it was the men who wanted the happy name all for themselves and excluded women from the "gay" group!

+10 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What, couldn't get enough traction for this when you posted it in the other thread?

FWIW, Kay Brown (On the Science of Changing Sex) happens to be a friend of mine and I alerted her to this post to see if she has anything to add. I respect the amount of work she's put in to defending Blanchard's theories but I do want to point out she is absolutely reviled by the trans communities and hated with a passion. You've painted a clearly one-sided picture and presented information that most consider nothing but lies and make-believe.

Folks, do your own research. The "Swedish study" results have been misinterpreted and most of the other information the OP presented here has been culled from anti-trans sites and blogs. The way this is presented is anything but fair and balanced so please recognize it for what it is. I won't bother posting a dozen different other sites that tear this theory and Blanchard's work apart quite honestly because I don't care.

So assuming the theory of autogynephilia is correct (there is some validity to it) why would this make these people any kind of threat to women and children in a bathroom? If you follow the theory, others would not be in an AGP's wheelhouse so your wimmens and chillens gonna be safe in the bathroom.

This also doesn't present or explain transgender men. Do they have androphilia? Come on folks, Blanchard was a gay sexologist with an agenda and made up his own criteria that doesn't consider trans kids or adults any thing but boys and men.

Are there two types or a two taxonomy when it comes to trans people? Yeah, trans kids and trans adults have a different path getting to the same place. Does this mean transgender people are a threat or a danger? No, it does not nor does it mean transgender people are mentally ill pervert child-molesting pedophiles.

edit on 5/22/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I couldn't tell ya.

As a guy I have never been aroused in a bathroom.

The stench of dried urine, and the methane from other bodily functions was a buzz kill.

+12 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oh look another not so cleverly disguised Trans bashing thread...Yawn.

+15 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I received a response from Kay Brown and have her permission to post what she said to me

I've noted that only three views have come in from that screed. The screed is *almost* correct. It makes only one serious misstament in that it says that AGP progresses to violence. It does NOT... it progresses to gender dysphoria and if not treated it progresses to DEPRESSION.

Another mistake is that she claims that sex offenders report high levels of AGP... not so. There is NO correlation between sex offenders and AGP... since there are only two paraphilia clusters that typically cause one to offend... and those are pedophilia and courtship disorders. In my FAQ (which I noted that Boadicia did NOT link to... surprise, surprise... I specifically said that there are no overlaps between these issues...

Boadicia tries a bit of slight of hand suggesting that AGP, which DOES correlate with masochism leads to a higher likelyhood of violence from sadism... not so. AGPs are nearly always the submissive in MOCK masochistic fantasy, often "forced feminization", not a true sexual sadist.

Finally, she fails to note that in spite of the right wing, no epidemic of tranfolk, AGP or HSTS, attacking women or girls in bathrooms has been occurring.

At least she acknowledges that the two types are quite distinct and separate.

+12 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Really ?

Isn't that what a transgender does ?

A person that hates the sex they were born so much. They spend thousands of dollars to make themselves in to something they are not because they can't stand the thought of being 'reminded' of it.

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Let's keep going shall we?

Autogynephilia is the dark side of the transgender issues that no one wants to talk about... and, indeed, many are trying to very hard to make sure we don't even know about. The level of deliberate deceit and dishonesty is despicable. And dangerous to women and girls. The talking points and buzzwords have been established, on both political sides, and autogynephilia proves the mistruths, half truths, and outright untruths of them all

Could your language have been any more loaded? Who is trying very hard to make sure that "we" don't know about "autogynephilia" exactly? You say it's "despicable" and "deliberate" so clearly you must have some idea in order to make those sorts of claims.

~~ We've been told this is all about gender not sex. This is a half truth. For autogynephiles, it's ALL ABOUT SEX -- those heterosexual and other nonhomosexual men who are sexually aroused by wearing women's clothing, and/or performing in female roles. They may also claim/believe they are women trapped in men's bodies, or (more commonly) possess both male and female attributes; but however they feel about their gender, it's all about sexual gratification.

Firstly, "autogynephile" is a term coined as part of a highly controversial theory but let's set that aside. According to Blanchard, many of these "autogynephiles" don't even crossdress and of those who do, how many only do it in the privacy of their bedrooms?

In other words, how many "autogynephiles" are there at any given moment, out in public dressed as women and looking for a public restroom to use?

Where is the link you're trying to make to sexual assaults precisely? In my last post, I pointed out how you conflated vague statistics from a different group of individuals. Is there something I'm missing?

How exactly does fantasizing about being a woman during sex lead to raping women or kids in public restrooms or in fact, any other type of assault, sexual or otherwise?

Btw, how many of these supposed "autogynephiles" are sexually aroused by women? Men? Girls? Boys?
edit on 2016-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Someone alert the American Medical Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Public Health Association, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
not to mention hundreds of biologists, neurologists, etc. and their associated research over the last 50 or so years ...

Boadicea has discovered the kink of cross-dressing.

Are you kidding me? Transvestism is the "big reveal"?

Dressed up in the fancy Latin terminology for it to make this tripe sound more "scientific"?

AnteDiluvian, Freija and others may have the patience to unravel this garbage point by point for you folks, and good on them ... all I will say is:

Enjoy more backup for your bigotry folks.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Isn't that what a transgender does ?

Funny man has mean spirited jokes. I know this will peeve you then, I actually haven't spent any money on it other than 20 something dollars a month with co pay for hormones and most major gender affirming surgeries I may wish to have are required by law to be covered by my insurance. Thanks obamacare or more accurately thanks for being a team player and helping to pay for my boobs.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I hate when people post a giant wall of uninformed opinion "backed up" with links to WordPress blogs authored by non-expert hate mongering trolls — and then present it as "the truth."

Fair enough. It can be frustrating, intimidating, boring -- lots of reasons not to like it.

However, at the same time, there has been plenty of non-expert hate mongering trolls presenting half-truths and mis-truths as "the truth," but it's not the whole truth, and thus there is much to address and rebut.

Everyone is always more ignorant for it. Quite a public disservice.

Not true. Many folks are not inclined to read studies and reports written in medical/psychological terminology, which is pretty much a foreign language to most people. So I did use blogs, which use terms familiar to and easily understood by the most people, and where possible I chose blogs which also linked to the studies/reports referenced, as well as including blogs that were as transgender friendly as possible.

Let's take this gem:

"Male transgenderites are 18 times more likely than real women to be convicted of violent crime "

That's a link to WordPress blog The truth about AUTOGYNEPHILIA.

The data to support this is a table from a study done done in Sweden of 191 male-to-female transsexuals from 1973-2003.

Which I also provided a link for.

1. Male-to-female transsexuals are not crossdressers, they've had gender reassignment surgery. In other words, they have vaginas. Setting aside the fact that "autogynephilia" is part of an enormously controversial theory, disputed by many other equally and more prominent researchers than Ray Blanchard, the term itself applies to a type of transvestic fetishist — a person who crossdresses as part of a sexual fetish.

And? As noted, autogynephilia disorder follows a pattern, known as a continuum and a progression. Today's transvestite is tomorrow's transgender and next week's transsexual.

2. "Violent crime" isn't synonymous with sexual assault at all. It's a catchall from everything from threats to homicide and includes simple assault and robbery. In fact, there's no data about the breakdown of crimes or victims. There very well may have been 0 sexual assaults.

Distinction noted. But 0 sexual assaults would defy logic and the law of averages.

That's one link.

One of several provided, addressing many aspects of the violence within the "T" community, from many different perspectives. As you point out, there are many little "t's" under the big "T" umbrella, and no one study has (or can) address every possible perspective and aspect of these complicated and convoluted issues. The whole truth is elusive. Especially when there is a political and media agenda...

Please feel free to compile and share your own links, quotes and conclusions. I would read and consider whatever you post.

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Exactly.

I'm out. Not going to help perpetuate.

+5 more 
posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Is that what the call it now ?

'gender affirming'.

Well can you explain to me how 'fake boobs' affirm ones gender ?

They are fake after all.

edit on 23-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Pity so much effort in threads isn't put into damning those other men in frocks that prey on children, priests and ministers oh and the former house speaker, no frock but y'all get my drift.....

Yawn wake me up when people stop being hysterical over controlling where people poop and pee.

It has never impacted any of you and likely never will.

edit on 23-5-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They are fake after all.

And men will still ogle them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join