It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Themes from Grimms Fairy Tales

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I was picking through this blog for awhile last night and this morning, its pretty cool really.

Now what I need is someone to help pick apart a new story I am writing =/

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Just finished painting a pint of beer lol

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Anaana

Its not what you think =D the chihuahuas are seperate drawings from the bath tub too =D

No matter, I now have this idea rattling around in my head of a gaggle of perfectly colour co-ordinated Paris Hilton-clone "gossibs" toting titchy little dogs in the tote bags huddled around the Wife of Bath as she gets a mani/pedi, supine in a big copper tub.

Kind of Beryl Cook would work, I reckon.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

lol nah two different subjects for 2 different pieces

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Dont worry, more to come soon. I had to take a break for a day or two. I will have some really neat stuff back and running soon!!!!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

lol nah two different subjects for 2 different pieces

Yeah, realised that, I seem to be running with the Wife of Bath idea myself though, among others.

Do you know "The Garden of Earthly Delights"?

I'm twisting that around in my head, but with a post-modernist feminist chatter about it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

There is really nothing about feminism I actually like, then again any ism is also a sorts that claims to want equality by rallying groups of people that have to have a vagina to join or understand. any ism in my opinion is probably an unintelligible thing. The only real thing suffrage brought was 2 tax payers to a house hold versus the one in america then again the theme today is that men cannot love, I can only reflect on myself and know that there is no way in hell I could ever treat the love of my life as unequal if anything the girls that I have been in love with I reserved more in my heart mind and money and time for then anything else. Today those loves for others almost always seems to be love for government benefit and new age philosophy I cannot find a real parallel in what it is I can and have loved about the fairer sex. Personally I find the isms more offensive to intelligence and free thinking then anything else

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Thus sayeth a man.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I learned to treat a woman as not only someone I love and also learn from and respect without the complex adult version of isms on my own by natural process i do not understand the importance of movements that require those ideas of groups I cannot join as a valid stance in my disposition of the life and reality I have already understood. When it comes to looking at these things critically all that is happening is a creation of a tax base and domineering outlook on aspects of society, like a purposeful imbalance, in this regard I am not sure I can relate or support them.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

As fascinating as that may be...and it is not to me, it is the same tired argument that is repeated by most North Americans, male and female, I presume it is part of your programming...education...or some such cultural embedding, I don't know, but it is kind of uncanny how you all read from the same scripts on such things. Anyway, it is interesting how, given the plethora of details that you could have hooked onto, given Bosch's amazing work, and how you could have applied that intelligently to the Wife of Bath and the Miller's daughter story...where female sexuality is almost weaponised...kind of disappointing that you could only fixate on the word "feminist".

Just goes to show what power words have though.

In 1947, Wilhelm Fraenger argued that the triptych's center panel portrays a joyous world when humanity will experience a rebirth of the innocence enjoyed by Adam and Eve before their fall.[4] In his book The Millennium of Hieronymus Bosch, Fraenger wrote that Bosch was a member of the heretical sect known as the Adamites—who were also known as the Homines intelligentia and Brethren and Sisters of the Free Spirit. This radical group, active in the area of the Rhine and the Netherlands, strove for a form of spirituality immune from sin even in the flesh and imbued the concept of lust with a paradisical innocence.[91]

Fraenger believed The Garden of Earthly Delights was commissioned by the order's Grand Master. Later critics have agreed that, because of their obscure complexity, Bosch's "altarpieces" may well have been commissioned for non-devotional purposes. The Homines intelligentia cult sought to regain the innocent sexuality enjoyed by Adam and Eve before the Fall. Fraenger writes that the figures in Bosch's work "are peacefully frolicking about the tranquil garden in vegetative innocence, at one with animals and plants and the sexuality that inspires them seems to be pure joy, pure bliss."[92] Fraenger argued against the notion that the hellscape shows the retribution handed down for sins committed in the center panel. Fraenger saw the figures in the garden as peaceful, naïve, and innocent in expressing their sexuality, and at one with nature. In contrast, those being punished in Hell comprise "musicians, gamblers, desecrators of judgment and punishment".[34]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

That is not true, I very clearly said all "isms" and again to join a club and bitch about rights but have to have a vagina to join it is as juvenile as a tree house club for boys to look at nudey mags. The problem here is, is that what I just said is the truth and it is stupid but I can't change this or even attend the meetings to really know what it is about, to get really close to it I suppose i can read about it then again I dont believe in the written word versus if I could really be there to hear things that are not for some kind of public demonstration.

Then again you and I have conversed both here and privately for a time now, I can imagine you would not believe I am a bigot. Also I think you are the type that surely agrees when one can make an assessment on a person based on their own personal merits and flaws, an ism makes whole groups apparently elevated above an individual.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Then again you and I have conversed both here and privately for a time now, I can imagine you would not believe I am a bigot. Also I think you are the type that surely agrees when one can make an assessment on a person based on their own personal merits and flaws, an ism makes whole groups apparently elevated above an individual.

I was rolling my eyes out loud. I don't consider you to be any more, or less, bigoted than I am, or the next person.

The key "ist" in that phrase was postmodernist.

Postmodernism describes both an era and a broad movement that developed in the late-20th century across philosophy, the arts, architecture, and criticism which marked a departure from modernism.[1][2][3] While encompassing a broad range of ideas and projects, postmodernism is typically defined by an attitude of skepticism or distrust toward grand narratives, ideologies, and various tenets of Enlightenment rationality, including the existence of objective reality and absolute truth, as well as notions of rationality, human nature, and progress.[4] Instead, it asserts that knowledge and truth are the product of unique systems of social, historical, and political discourse and interpretation, and are therefore contextual and constructed. Accordingly, postmodern thought is broadly characterized by tendencies to epistemological and moral relativism, pluralism, self-referentiality, and irony.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not, nor have I ever been, a feminist. My brother is though. I respect his views, even if I don't share them

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

My views are uniquely my own. I know enough about you to know that I don't think you think I am a bigot however perhaps I do not talk much about my perception of how I really think about things. I am more apt to get in the kitchen and make my own sammich cause I get the job done right the first time. I often fall in love with cute intelligent ladies ( I have a fetish for librarians and russian ladies =0) and artistic ladies (uh oh your a smart artistic lady)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm not Russian. Or a librarian.

Besides, me being a respectable spinster of the parish anyway, that is

I believe in choice and opportunity. Beyond that little else. Since women in some areas of the world are severely, if not totally oppressed, there continues to be a legitimate need for Feminist activists and I wholeheartedly support the activities of those advocates. I have no need for Feminism myself, being a UK citizen.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

i am a man and I am oppressed, want to do lunch?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Cute segue (oppressed, my arse!)

Sadly, one does not achieve such an exalted station as "respectable spinster of the parish" by accepting invitations to lunch from eligible young men.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Fortunate for me I am not limited by first time failures, it allows me a chance to recalculate my approach and try again later =D

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join