It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says He Would Dismantle Dodd-Frank Wall Street Regulation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Does Trump want that or does he just want to scrap it and put nothing in it's place? He probably has nothing to replace it, that would be my guess.

I would think he would have to posit a replacement to be taken seriously. From his comments I think he understands how damaging it is to smaller banks.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Calling it out and it's failures is definitely appropriate but he doesn't give any solutions. His solution is to get rid of it and that's it. Then we can welcome another Wall Street disaster but I guess he's okay with that because he has no problem crashing the economy since he's the self proclaimed King of Debt.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Is anyone going to answer the key question?

How do you get anything substantial done with a divided government and one side, the GOP, doesn’t want to do anything?

The silence is deafening.

Divided government is what's keeping everything from completely falling apart.

Just look at the results from 2009 -2010 when government wasn't so divided.

The failures are astounding !!!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

How do you get anything substantial done with a divided government and one side, the GOP, doesn’t want to do anything? The silence is deafening.

Oh, please. You expect the people of ATS to actually solve anything? And it's not that the GOP doesn't want to do anything. It just doesn't want to do what YOU want it to do.

And true, Trump has called out the issue and not YET offered his solution, which he SAID he would do what? Next week? Let's see what he says before you accuse him of not providing a solution. I'm sure whatever it is you will find something to criticize about it. Why not just vote Clinton and be done with it? She said she would turn over the economy to Bill and let him deal with it. I'm sure he'll do just as good a job as he did last time. It'll be so nice to have co-Presidents. What leadership!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

When isn't the gov't divided? That's the game, division. Trump isn't gonna unify DC if that terrible comes and he's elected.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So Trump wants to deregulate the banks so they can destroy the world Economy again like they did in 2007? Look how long it took us to get over that. This is exactly the kind of irresponsible crap that would make Trump bad for America.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

When isn't the gov't divided? That's the game, division. Trump isn't gonna unify DC if that terrible comes and he's elected.

Sure, but in the past they were ready to compromise but not today where one side is too rigid.

They’ve been bought by right–wing money (read the book DARK MONEY www.amazon.com...) and brainwashed that government shouldn’t do anything.

In earlier years we had a reasonable GOP that would compromise with the left on many issues that allowed the country to move forward.

Now they won’t even make a deal to rebuild the US infrastructure.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

And there you have it folks, Trump will give Big Banks exactly what they want, no regulation.

How about we wait and see what he proposes.. before jumping to knee-jerk reactions

Trump told Reuters in an interview that he would release a plan in about two weeks for overhauling the 2010 financial regulatory law known as Dodd-Frank.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The title says dismantle. The OP says overhaul.....end of interest in your thread....

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So Trump wants to deregulate the banks so they can destroy the world Economy again like they did in 2007? Look how long it took us to get over that. This is exactly the kind of irresponsible crap that would make Trump bad for America.

But the derivative markets are just as unbalanced today as they were then.

What did DF actually do?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree and we can thank that on politicians and lobbyists for weakening it but at least it's something.

Wait, at first you attempt to present this as "Giving the banks exactly what they want" exclaiming it as if it is giving them more power over people and that Donald Trump is a bad person for wanting to change this and after just one response of augustusmasonicus you come back with this? Agreeing that it is actually hurting the working man but then say " hey it is at least something ???

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nothing is better than Dodd Frank, it's a horrible piece of legislation. We should just reinstate Glass-Steagal and be done with it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Is Dodd-Frank the reason why Credit Card companies have to now disclose fees in bold print, and limit the amount of late charges, along with other consumer protections?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What would you replace it with, NOTHING?

Glass-Steagall worked well enough for many decades until it was repealed. Dodd-Frank is useless and only punishes smaller local banks.

I'm glad someone said it. Glass-Steagal needs to be re implemented.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He said he would dismantle it but you're right, lets give him his two weeks or how ever long he will take to draft a solution. He may very well surprise us and come up with a great system, the best ever seen by the best people but being this is Trump I place no faith in him.

But to be fair, let's see what he comes up with and perhaps he will shock me, hopefully for the best.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

No, Trump said dismantle but being that you're a Trump loving conservative is anyone surprised you have no interest in this thread? Now if this thread was praising him then you would be oh so interested.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

As someone already said, it started out as a do-gooder action but has become a weak form of regulation and as I've said already we can thank corrupt politicians and lobbyists for it. I've also said it needs to be revamped or replaced. Will Trump set forth an idea for the next do-gooder Bill or will he give the banking industry exactly what it wants?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

No, Trump said dismantle but being that you're a Trump loving conservative is anyone surprised you have no interest in this thread? Now if this thread was praising him then you would be oh so interested.

Actually, I agree! I heard more than enough of the comments against Trump.

Where you are incorrect is that I no longer hold myself a 'Conservative' in a political sense. I consider myself-and Trump- a right leaning centrist.

I'm quite sure you knew Trump means fix....at least that's our hope.

You, on the other hand, would have us go the same route as we have....still no interest....

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: everyone

As someone already said, it started out as a do-gooder action but has become a weak form of regulation and as I've said already we can thank corrupt politicians and lobbyists for it.

I have only seen you try to claim this to be truth numerous times much like you did with your first post. I watched your following posts but nothing changed about that. You keep throwing around words and ideas in a desperate attempt to make them sound like the truth and facts while all you have managed so far is throw around conjecture and unfounded ideas showing a severe lack of knowledge about the things you posted about yourself.

This may come across as a bit crass but it simply is a direct observation that is recorded in this very thread.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I'm glad someone said it. Glass-Steagal needs to be re implemented.

The repealing of that law lead to the escalation of the credit default market and the loan derivatives that helped tank the economy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join