It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Fluoride to be added to Florida County Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Though the results of another national study on the safety of fluoride are not due out until mid May, Palm Beach county authorities have given the go-ahead to add fluoride to its water supply. The addition of fluoride has been cited as a step towards healthier teeth, though reports exist to contradict these claims.

www.sun-sentinel.com

It wasn't until the summer of 2003, after County Commissioner Jeff Koons took office and joined forces with county health director Dr. Jean Malecki that proponents could win enough commission voters to add the substance to the water.

Malecki and a slew of local, state and federal public health and dental authorities argued that fluoridation was a dirt cheap but powerfully effective way to prevent tooth decay.

Opponents have never relaxed their concerns.

They regard fluoridation as a dangerous chemical with the potential for serious health effects.

Even though commissioners approved fluoridation almost 18 months ago, it came up again on Tuesday. That's because opponents managed to convince commissioners last year to hold off on actually adding the substance to the water until they got results of one more federal government review of fluoride's safety.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I did a little research after I heard about this because I recalled the myths about fluoride. Fluoride has been shown to disrupt healthy thyroid function, the production of hormones thyroxine and triiodothyronine. These hormones regulate cell metabolism and if affected could have an impact not only on physical growth, but mental activity, i.e. slowing down of nerve response. Supporting evidence for this is the fact that prozac, an anti-depressant which interferes with serotonin activity, contains fluoride along with 25% of tranquilizers according to a 1984 estimate.
This information accompanies the myriad of reports that say fluoride promotes tooth decay via Dental Fluorisis, contradicting the very reason authorities herald its use.
I find it alarming that despite evidence suggesting its detriment, fluoride is being dumped in our water supply. Something like two-thirds of the country have fluoride in their tap water. Two Links with information regarding fluoride are included underneath the Supporting Links to Similar News Stories......

Related News Links:

www.firstcoastnews.com
www.battery-rechargeable-charger.com
www.chemtrailpatrol.com

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Don't they already put flouride into most US? I thought that they did, so how is it any different if they put it in floriduh?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not All, But About 61%

The stats in the above link are accurate to 2002. This article is from 2005.

By the way, thanks for bringing this back up without any actual contribution....
I mean that; forces me to be proactive...

The point I was trying to make is that the dangers of Fluoride have been publicly known for a while and public awareness is on the uprise. So why decide, as late as 2005, to add it somewhere else?

There are very subtle but relevant effects on the human physiology....but I guess it may be a moot point when you factor in all the crap we eat as an American society and all of the information we choose to attenuate to....

I can post more later, because the fluoride derivations contained in many tranquilizers and some psychotropics is a very interesting point of ponderance...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If this is a municipal water supply, not individual wells, but a water supply for a city; they are required to run a series of tests on water quality involving hundreds of chemicals and compounds every year. This testing is required by the EPA and the results are a public record that is open for viewing. A person should ask for a copy of this report just to see how much fluoride is already present in the water supply.

You may find that there is already 0.25 to 0.5 PPM present. Fluoride is a natural element and present in most water already.

You may want to ask to ask the water authority what type of fluoride they plan on adding to the water. Fluorosilic acid also called Hydrofluosilicic Acid, Sodium Fluoride, or Sodium Fluorosilicate also called Sodium Silicofluoride. There are more fluoride based compounds used in water treatment, but these are the big 3. All have benefits, all have problems.

Once you know the specific chemical they plan on adding, you can do some serious research and then know what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
All have benefits, all have problems.

Everything has benefits and problems...from the same perspective and differing perspectives...

Originally posted by hinky
Once you know the specific chemical they plan on adding, you can do some serious research and then know what you are talking about.

loam and Fluoride/Related Thread

The point is actually an excess of Fluoride ingestion. Sure, there is a natural deposit of Fluoride in the water anyway...but why add more. We also encounter it in many commercial foods and beverages, sometimes as a specific integration, other times as a proxy.

The point is that an excess of Fluoride ingestion will have cumulative effects on the body and over time will impact how your body physically reacts to situations.

new topics

top topics

join