It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread crapping

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks for great clarifying restatement of the culture y'all are building and maintaining hereon.

It seems clear enough to me. And given my propensity to construe word meanings differently from average, if I can make sense out of it, I'd think most folks could! LOL.

I think ATS is best served by the most robust posting that civility can support.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I can hardley wait for this election cycle to be over. Let the best man win!

I like ATS better when we are discussing Aliens, Science, and top secret stuff. The politics is getting old.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It does get dreadfully sad and weary-ing.

However, it also does touch all our lives . . . for better or worse. So, I can understand the intensity of emotionally laden interest.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Don't be offended when the crap you post daily attracts some flies

Lol so true.

Not perse towards the OP (because I haven't read any political threads on here) but in general so true.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

When threads are posted about vaccine safety they are always derailed intentionally. A swarm of derailers will descend to guarantee the topic is changed if it does not have the evil antivaxxer narrative. I know ATS' stand on the issue now so I know there is little point trying to discuss that issue further here.

edit on 22-5-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is this the "if you don't agree with me get out of my thread" thread?

That's pretty much what I'm getting.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I like ATS better when we are discussing Aliens, Science, and top secret stuff. The politics is getting old.

Me too.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sounds like someone only wants one side of an
OP to be heard and should any voice be too loud or hinder their opinion wants to have a way to stifle them...
Thats quite the agenda...
edit on 22-5-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Is this the "if you don't agree with me get out of my thread" thread?

That's pretty much what I'm getting.

People can go read them for themselves and see the concerted efforts to make sure people are either silenced, abused or talking about something completely unrelated.

Interesting that you should chime in on this thread so soon after I post. Please let me actually discuss things without doing what you did in those other threads. I did not name names or anything but you immediately started. Again.

edit on 22-5-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

Yes, people can go read your thread to make up their own mind.

No, my post was not directed at you.

Just coincidence.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I'll wait here for "them" here as well. Will they prove my point or respect the right to freedom of expression?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes, people can go read your thread to make up their own mind.

No, my post was not directed at you.

Just coincidence.

Within 2 minutes. Yes that is quite a coincidence. Yes, yes I know coincidence and correlation does not equal causality. Nice little side step that mantra is. Even works with excusing gangstalking and astroturfing as well!

They will read and decide for themselves.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nice to see the members pull together. You two are proving the OP's point. 2 people disrupting a thread because they are diametrically opposed. Well done.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

So... people are expressing views you disagree with, so you are calling them "trolls" and trying to infringe their right to express themselves. You are not doing Bernie any favors.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes a very good point from a super moderator.

I didn't follow anyone into this thread. In the old days I could have just blocked her and this wouldn't have even been an issue. I have had my say.. and as I said we can wait and see if others chime in. Astroturfing requires multiple people chiming in to derail.

Btw. could you please suggest bringing the block function back? That would be great.
edit on 22-5-2016 by riley because: corrected grammar

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've given this concept of "derailing" a thread some considerable thought.

When I came to ATS, I was impressed with the site's emphasis on EVIDENCE no matter what the topic.

Presenting counter-evidence seems to be right in-line with what I understood ATS intended to be.

Derailing a thread?

Something like:

Thread Author: "A is true ... 500 or so words in support of A."

Poster B: "Wait a minute, how about B? B flies directly in the face of A and ... 500 or so words in support of B."

Poster C: "You are both wrong ... C is obviously true ... Youtube videos and blog posts supporting C."

Poster D: "I can't believe you people are silly enough to believe A B or C! Sheeple!"

So ... who is "derailing" in this case? Which should be stopped?

EDIT ... to me (of course, out of contrivance) it seems like Poster D is the least contributive to the thread, but, on the other hand, who's to say really that A, B and C are not total BS?
edit on 22-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Absolutely!

Which is why everyone should have the opportunity to comment as much as they want, as long as it's within T&Cs.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: riley
When threads are posted about vaccine safety they are always derailed intentionally.

There have been some outstanding retorts in those threads. I hate it when the anti-vaxxers go so far that the thread is 404d. Somebody went to the trouble of breaking down exactly what the body does when it's hit by a vaccine. Best post I've ever read on ATS ... and poof. -sigh

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yep now that is the proof of "thread crapping" I was waiting for.

The term "antivaxxer" is a SLUR.. it is a hate mongering insult designed to demonize a group of people who do not agree that vaccines are always safe. The slur "antivaxxer" is allowed to be thrown around ATS without any moderation whatsoever despite T&C. Vaccine safety advocates seem to be fair game here. I was actually stunned when I returned to ATS after a couple of years and "antivaxxers" were being called "tinfoil hatters".

On a conspiracy site no less. That was just bizarre.

So.. aside from vaccines.. (and wanting to prevent this thread from being crapped as well) are there any other subjects that we are not really allowed to talk about on ATS where "thread crapping" is ignored?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: riley
The term "antivaxxer" is a SLUR.

I'd say calling words 'slurs' is an attempt to throttle free speech. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join