It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government coverup of life on Titan? Proof?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Although I am not happy with it, I take some sort of gloomy satisfaction in seeing, on another site, someone using that one b&W photo from the Huygens probe as "evidence" of life -- probably "intelligent life" by now -- on the surface of Saturn's moon Titan.

I figured it'd happen, but I was just hoping it would be later rather than sooner.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
A link please, might be worth laugh atleast.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Haha, I knew after pictures came out I would come on ats and see a "Life in Titan!!" Post..

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I havnt seen anything that would suggest intelligent life on Titan except maybe them huge canyons, which suggests the place MAY have supported life before.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrew817
Haha, I knew after pictures came out I would come on ats and see a "Life in Titan!!" Post..

Well this time its different as Off_The_Street seems a bit discusted that someone would jump to conclusions already. Check out Hoaglunds site and he'll probably have some wierd theories by now....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What government man? England, Italy, France, Spain,...

I remember you that Huygens is an European project

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yomitu
What government man? England, Italy, France, Spain,...

I remember you that Huygens is an European project

Huh, what are you talking about? The Cassini mission is a multi-national mission, it isn't run by just ONE country. NASA is involved as is the ESA.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Richard C. Hoagland is on Coast to Coast right now with George Noory. He says Titan was terraformed sometime in the past along with other bodies in the system including Mars, Earth, Europa, Titan, and another(?).

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg
Richard C. Hoagland is on Coast to Coast right now with George Noory. He says Titan was terraformed sometime in the past along with other bodies in the system including Mars, Earth, Europa, Titan, and another(?).

I knew it.... I just knew it. What is he basing the baseless claims on now? Man that guy just cracks me up sometimes.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, he has a few theories that all tie in together, and he is apparently releasing alot more info next week someplace. Sorry I was occupied with other things while listening to the show, so I shouldn't say too much I guess; I don't want to be less than accurate.
Here is his website though:
www.enterprisemission.com...
and to get show info:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hoagland always has a few 'theories' that tie in together and he will telling us More About Them Real Soon Now.

You know, I really hate to defend people like Hoagland and Rense, because they're both frauds and scam-artists, but I can understand them in a way: There are people out whte who actually have a need to buy into that kind of rubbish, so Hoag and Rense probably rationalize their hoaxing by thinking, "someone's going to have to sell the snake oil to the sheeple, why shouldn't it be me?"

E_T

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
You know, I really hate to defend people like Hoagland and Rense, because they're both frauds and scam-artists, but I can understand them in a way: There are people out whte who actually have a need to buy into that kind of rubbish, so Hoag and Rense probably rationalize their hoaxing...
"The first thing a man will do for his ideals is lie."
-Joseph A. Schempeter

Yeah, they don't differ anyway from religious extremist and other that kind bunch who use same methods and lack of education and knowledge for their own benefit, only their goals are different.
And what is even more sad is that too big part of people don't bother to think, instead they let TV and other things do it for themself.

"All the problems of the world could be settled if people were only willing to think. The trouble is that people very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work."
-Thomas J. Watson

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
How do we even know those pictures are really from Titan? Probably as fake as the moonlanding which was filmed on a nevada.

I guess I go back to this thread and remind myself that cold bloded killers can't be trusted.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Doctor DTA]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I love Hoagland's "experiments". He posts a poorly labelled graph and proclaims that he has evidence of hyperdimensional physics. Oh yeah, the Tsunami was hyperdimensional as well.

Remember, Hoagland was the same person proclaiming to have found photographic evidence of "metallic trash" in some of the first Mars Rover shots.

MK

I think the 'public' version of the space program is trudging along as planned.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Titan -150 degrees celsius.It is freezing cold to the point that throwing a cup of hot coffee into the air would instantly freeze.It would probably freeze in the cup the second its there.Life cannot survive.True,we have seen bacteria and other few creatures thrive in harsh conditions like antartica but evens they have limits.

And also considering that Titans atmosphere is mostly made up of gases,some harmful to humans and other animals/creatures when exposed toomuch to it,it seems all to unreal that life could be there.Even if there may be life who had evovle to that points to adapt to the planets conditions,they probably didnt originally come from there.

In plain context my opinion is no,the possibility of life to form there in highly unlikely,but yes,there could still be life there,but this will probably be intelligent lifeforms that have settled there from centuries back,They probably have the technology to live on such harsh conditions and tital would offer a perfect place to settle,considering its 5500 km,meaning enough space for afew centuries,and its atmosphere forms a natural disguise so that we would never detect them.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Doctor DTA says:

"How do we even know those pictures are really from Titan? Probably as fake as the moonlanding which was filmed on a nevada."

Thanks, doc. I was kind of hoping that someone would happen along to personify my view of the people that Rense and Hoaglund sell/preach to.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Man someone has gotta SlashDot hoaglunds site or somthing. This guy has been lying through his fricken teeth to make money for so long it isn't amusing anymore. I take back what I said about how these guys crack me up, they piss me off as they personify Ignorance or the spreading of that Virulent (and false)MeMe that A. We are covering up things on the Moon, Mars and now Titan. OMG, why would they do that when in say 20-30 years time the Private sector will be sending mineral propector probes to pretty much the same places. They'd look pretty stupid if the Private Industry finds life outside of Earth before NASA/ESA does, and the whole world would just end up laughing at them.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
and this all is the reason why I want manned exploration of the solar system and beyond. we cannot be easily be adjusted as pictures.
i like a startrek like society all people able to go into space.
then we can all see the truth as it is.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
...they piss me off as they personify Ignorance or the spreading of that Virulent (and false)MeMe that A. We are covering up things on the Moon, Mars and now Titan. OMG, why would they do that when in say 20-30 years time the Private sector will be sending mineral propector probes to pretty much the same places.

Hi Sardion. Lots-o-bunk out there for sure. But a funny thing happens on the way to work at NASA: you have to sign a National Security Oath. For real. Not A Sivilian Agency, at all. There were/are classified deep space projects. Talk, and you fall off the world. Remember the outing of Clementine? One of the true things on Hoagworld (before the Internet he was The Only Leak, unless you could decode Carl Sagan) is the Brookings Report. Beyond doubt, a) we are looking everywhere for everything, and b) you will not get to know what we find. Unless we let you. Maybe. At low-resolution. Oops, wasn't supposed to mention resolution. Forget I said anything. There is no high resolution.

There is a place NASAniks hang out: NASAWATCH. Little bits and pieces fall out now and then.

What I am seeing in photomosaics of Titan is a continental shelf and deep ocean of hydrocarbons. And what I am asking myself as I view the first ocean ever directly imaged on another world, is: is liquid water neccesary? And I am visualizing hypothetical marine lifeforms (shrimp?) that are built for cryogenic temperatures. This is exobiology at work: usually idle speculation, but today we have an explorable possible habitat. If life is possible under cryogenic conditions, using a hydrocarbon solvent, the habitable area of the Universe becomes enormous.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The entire universe is one giant living organism. Life is not confined to certain levels of complexity. Readjust your conditionally programmed western linear assumptions.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by a basket of kittens]

*Resized text*

[edit on 31-1-2005 by dbates]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join