It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being That of,As and Equal to a God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
We in the metaphysics realm and spectrum of understanding are always as one would say Grasping Straws the shorter the straw the easier is the explanation. In most cases that is true! However, fear that is something beyond our true understanding and as a test I wanted to see where Metaphysics could take me and how far I could develop on my journey.

As stated before, I don't really believe in God; Well... I do but not in the typical way that humanity portrays God in scriptures, stories and historic events (which are a bit iffy on even being historic). I guess you get the general idea!

No, my friends I believe in man and at times indeed although once thought was a lie, I truly do know more than I lead other on to believe in my life or around me.

I first began to feel sensations, they almost felt like ripples that you see across a lake when you throw a stone into it. Wondering ever more curious about what this could be and what it brings forth to the physical and mental spectrum of our world,life and reality. However, it is also when I began to realize something more sinister as if someone throwing in boulders into the lake with what one could describe as a Huge F'ing Catapult!.

In a sense the Newtonian law states that for every action there is a positive or negative reaction; yet when the boulders began to crash into the water as specially around the time of certain events. It made me wonder who else is on this field, this grid and keeps jumping into the pool making giant water bombs, it truly peaks ones curiosity as to how can events be influenced by such a source.

Are we then not implying that there is Good to Evil and Evil to Good? But - Aren't those constructs of mankind's limited comprehensions of the physical and metaphysical world?

At a certain stage I began to choose to ignore this as I feel that I am not held responsible for managing this, mostly due to the fact that if indeed there is a deity it might be - Part of it's plan?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Experiencing Telekinesis and The Darker Side of Power

My pondering mind always loved Star Wars and the Jedi power, come on let's admit it everyone wants to make Sh*t Float like cars and stop bullets with their mind.

So, I decided to give a few of the old famous tests and tricks a go, to see if it was possible and if not at least I got myself a pretty good time of feeling relaxed. Apparently you're meant to be relaxed during it?

After, what seemed like an entire hour or two or maybe even 3 I felt almost as if giving up; However, before throwing in the towel I began to feel something this surge, it almost felt like electricity passing through your body. Yet, it was far more pleasant and sinister driven, almost like feeling that all the limitations of the world that are a representation of shackles have been taken off.

My first initiate thought was - 'Is this what darkness feels like'

But, it was not really darkness as there was no darkness, nor was it light it just was - It felt more of a construct than any polarity driven force. The closest thing I could describe it as one of the simulations during a documentary about a supernova.

Power beyond power, the power to fear that which is given. Now,that is something I instantly began to avoid of never repeating again, most would argue the fact that - It is power! It is the ability to be a God!.

Far far from it, the first motion of such power is to wipe the sleight clean, just picture if you had the ability to press
Ctrl + Alt + Delete on a construct of a city or a country.

As I would put it "Curiosity instantly killed the cat!", it is why I fell out of my chair in a back flip like motions and some of you are probably screaming DO A BARREL ROLL!.

I did and I stuck it primo!

Would I ever try experiencing telekinesis again? Not in a million years!

Why? Because it was just too much for a limited mind such as myself to not only control but to also comprehend.

Yet, I also feel like I should argue the fact that it may have been beyond telekinesis, maybe even psychokinesis?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChuckster

Apparently you're meant to be relaxed during it?

I had a key bend at a 90 degree angle when ( immediately after?) opening a door once. My boyfriend at the time was behind me with groceries, I had a bag also, so he handed me his house key, I easily unlocked the door and handed him back his key. He followed me around all night, with his bent, now unusable key, showing everybody else too. Nicknamed me Uri (Uri Geller).

I don't know what happened. It just bent.
It's real. It's also uncontrollable, I think. It's never happened since.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
Uri, do you remember what you were thinking (if anything, other than opening the door) when that happened?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Apparently you're meant to be relaxed during it?

I had a key bend at a 90 degree angle when ( immediately after?) opening a door once. My boyfriend at the time was behind me with groceries, I had a bag also, so he handed me his house key, I easily unlocked the door and handed him back his key. He followed me around all night, with his bent, now unusable key, showing everybody else too. Nicknamed me Uri (Uri Geller).

I don't know what happened. It just bent.
It's real. It's also uncontrollable, I think. It's never happened since.

I guess partially it is what I meant, that you can't control it and that the power consumes you if the switch is flipped to ON at all time.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

As far as I remember, there was zero stress, nothing extra going on, just about getting the groceries in the house. The key went in and out of the lock as easy as it ever did, so it must have bent while I was handing it back. My mind at the time, was likely not thinking of anything.

It's weird (and really cool) when we get hints that there's more than what we see, that never gets figured out.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I wish we turn turn that switch on when we want.
I can imagine that it would be tiring, all consuming....if we could turn on that power, I'd probably (probably certainly 🤔) be obsessed with doing stuff, and worrying about the ripple effects.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Is Your belief of God something like this?

DO YOU KNOW WHO GOD IS?
Do you know who 'god' is? God is not Visnu (a deity) or Siva (energy) or Brahma (creator), not the wind, the sun nor the moon; not I or you; not Laksmi, or the mind (intellect).

God is without form and undivided (not in the objects); that splendor (devanam) which is not made and which has neither beginning nor end is known as god (deva) which is pure consciousness (awareness).

That alone is fit to be worshipped; that alone is all.

If one is unable to worship this consciousness, then he is encouraged to worship the form. The latter yields finite results, but the former (consciousness) bestows infinite bliss. He who ignores the infinite and is devoted to the finite abandons a pleasure garden, and seeks the thorny bush.

However, sages sometimes worship a form playfully.

Now for the articles used in worship: wisdom, self-control and the perception of the Self in all beings are the foremost among those articles. The Self alone is consciousness, which is fit to be worshipped at all times with the flowers of wisdom.

Indeed only infinite consciousness (cid-akasa) which alone exists even after the cosmic dissolution, exists even now, utterly devoid of objectivity. All these mountains, the whole world, the firmament, the Self, the jiva (individual) and all the elements of which the world is constituted - all these are nothing but pure consciousness.

Before the so-called creation, when only this pure consciousness existed, where were all these (heaven, etc)?

Space (akasa), supreme or infinite space (paramakasam), absolute space (brahmakasam), creation, consciousness - are mere words and they indicate the same truth, even as synonyms do.

Even as the duality experienced in a dream is illusory, the duality implied in the creation of the world is illusory. Even as the dream objects seem to exist and function in the inner world of consciousness in a dream, objects seem to exist and function in the outer world of consciousness during the wakeful state.

Nothing really happens in both these states. Even as consciousness alone is the reality in the dream state, consciousness alone is the substance in the wakeful state too.

That is the Lord, this is the supreme truth, that you are, that am I, that is all.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

The worship of that Lord (consciousness) is true worship, and by that worship one attains everything. Consciousness is undivided and indivisible, non-dual and neither fashioned nor created by activity; it is not attained by external efforts. Its adoration is the fountain source of joy.

The external worship of a form (deity, holy personage) is prescribed for those whose intelligence has not be awakened, and who are immature like little boys. When one does not have self-control, he uses flowers in worship; such worship is futile, even as adoring the Self in an external form is futile. However these immature devotees derive satisfaction by worshipping an object created by themselves, they may even earn worthless reward from such worship.

I shall now describe to you the mode of worship appropriate to enlightened people. The Lord fit to be worshipped is the one who upholds the entire creation, who is beyond thoughts and description, who is beyond the concepts of even the 'all' and the 'collective totality.'

He alone is referred to as 'God' who is undivided and indivisible by space and time, who's light illumines all the objects, who is pure and absolute consciousness. He is that intelligence which is beyond all its parts, which is hidden in all that is, which is the being in all that is and which robs all that is of their being (i.e. which veils the truth of their Self). This God is in the middle of being and non-being (as awareness). It is God, and the truth that is indicated by 'Om'. It (awareness) exists everywhere, like the essence in a plant.

The pure consciousness which is in you, in me and in all the gods and goddesses alone is God. Holy one, eve the other gods endowed with form are indeed nothing but that pure consciousness. That is God, that is 'all' I am; everything is attained from and through him.

That God is not distant from anyone, nor is he difficult to attain: since he is forever seated in the body and he is everywhere like space.

Somewhere this consciousness functions as space, somewhere as jiva (individual), somewhere as action, somewhere as substance and so forth; but without intending to do so. Even as all the different oceans are but one indivisible mass of water, this consciousness, though described ain different ways, is but one cosmic mass of consciousness.

This consciousness is like a mirror which holds a reflection within itself, as it were, without undergoing any modification thereby. Without undergoing any modification in itself, this consciousness appears as all these countless beings in this universe.

In this body, thoughts and notions generate action in the light of this very consciousness. Surely, but for this consciousness even an object which is immediately in front of oneself cannot be experienced? The body cannot function or exist but for this consciousness. It grows, it falls, it eats. This consciousness creates and maintains all the movable and immovable beings in the universe. The infinite consciousness alone exists, nothing else exists. Consciousness alone has arisen in consciousness.

Consciousness does not undergo any modification nor does it become impure. The infinite consciousness which is unmodified and non-dual, can be realized by one in the self-luminous inner light (of awareness). It is pure and eternal, it is ever present and (being awareness) devoid of mind.

Consciousness alone is the reality in all forms (of existence) and all experiences. Action springs from thought, thought is the function of the mind, mind is conditioned consciousness, but consciousness is unconditioned!

Since the omnipresent infinite consciousness alone is present at all times, diversity is absurd and impossible. Belief in the existence of a goblin creates it. Belief in diversity establishes it. When the non-dual being is known, duality vanishes instantly.

That infinite consciousness alone is fit to be adored and worshipped. However, there is no use in inviting it for the worship; no mantra are of any use in its worship for it is immediate (closest, one's own self), and hence does not need to be invited. It is the omnipresent self of all.

The 'realization' of this infinite consciousness (which is totally effortless) is alone the best form of worship.

This infinite consciousness can be compared to the ultimate sub-atomic particle which yet hides within its heart the greatest of all mountains. It encompasses the span of countless epochs, but does not let go of a moment of time. It does nothing, yet it has fashioned the universe. Sustaining the entire universe, it does nothing at all. All substances are not different from it, yet it is not a substance; thought it is non-substantial, it pervades all substances.

The supreme being is formless, and yet the following five are its aspects: will, space, time, order (or destiny) and the cosmic unmanifest nature. It has countless powers or energies or potencies. Chief among them are knowledge, dynamics, action and non-action. All these are but pure consciousness; because they are called the potencies of consciousness, they are apparently regarded as distinct from consciousness, though in fact they are not.

This entire creation is like a stage on which all these potencies of consciousness dance to the tune of time.

The foremost among these is known as 'order' (the natural order of things and sequences). It is also known as action, desire or will-to-do, time and so on. It is this potency that ordains that each thing should have a certain characteristic - from the blade of grass to the creator Brahma. This natural order is free from excitement but not purified of its limitation: that (natural order) is what dances a dance-drama known as the world-appearance.

It portrays various moods (compassion, anger and so on), it produces and removes various seasons and epochs, it is accompanied by the celestial music and the roaring of the oceans, its stage is illumined by the sun and the moon and the stars, its actors and actresses are the living beings in all the worlds - such is the dance of the natural order.

The Lord who is infinite consciousness is the silent but alert witness of this cosmic dance. He is not different from the dancer (the cosmic natural order) and the dance (the happenings).

(Concise Yoga Vasistha pg 292 to 296 - ISBN: 087395954X) ---->More can be read @ www.TheSelf.com

namaste

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
... the shorter the straw.

simply said, here is the shortest straw to chew on:

Without the knowingness of the Bad, you would DO and Be Good and like God.

God is simple, and God is life, fair, just, loving, caring, not of the body,and not of the Time.

The biblical apple, which adam and eve are said to have eaten, could allow the opposite. But this is not True for God.
edit on 23/5/2016 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

top topics

join