It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun George Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon Martin sells for $346,000 in online auction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I know right??

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack
You have people that collect music memorabilia
You have people that collect serial killer memorabilia
You have people that collect WWII memorabilia.

Someone has now purchased memorabilia that helps add to their collection. (For what ever reason, collector of local events, symbols of inequality, whatever). Why can this person not purchase this.

Why should zimmerman not do what he must to get out of debt to pay for those legal fees, regardless of how we interpreted what he did (he's guilty as hell , still irrelevant ). If he genuinely wants to put the proceeds to a good cause as some form or guilt/reform who am I to deny him his chance to look himself in the mirror again.

Would you have a problem with someone purchasing the spear of destiny or a nazi uniform.....no you wouldn't.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack
a reply to: In4ormant

Ok....If you insist. Just because it was ruled not guilty means squat to me, man. O.j. was found not guilty too and everyone and their mothers said he was guilty regardless of the ruling, including me and I'm black. Trippy huh? Had O.j. tried to auction off the gloves, there would have been hell to pay. There have been plenty of not guilty verdicts for many a guilty people.

But we don't get to decide that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm just not one to mince words much.

Believe me, I wish ethnic populations were only proportionally violent, but statistically they aren't. I understand it hurts people's feelings but an unpleasant truth shouldn't expect a guy to stand down defending himself from his head being broken open on the sidewalk.

Since this is a unpopular truth, the pistol is highly valued among folks who recognize that political correctness has some overreaching implications.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

Nazis didn't particularly like my kind and that's putting it mildly. And yeah it's his property and he can sell it or whatever. But as an old man once told me, "it ain't what you do, it's how you do it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

I know right??

If I had been on that jury I would have had no choice but to vote not guilty due to the dismal job of the prosecutor.

Zimmerman’s defence wasn’t actually that strong. But the prosecution created so many holes and aimed far to high.

There biggest mistake was going for murder. It very likely wasn’t premediated murder. They should have gone with manslaughter as it would have fit much better.

edit on 22-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I don't mince words either. If you're saying that the majority of black people are violent, You are telling a lie. Most black people contribute to society and usually blacks that are doing crimes come from low socio-economic areas. Contrary to what you believe, most black people don't live in "the hood". I should know. And I did get one thing from this thread, I know the kind of people I'm dealing with . Good to know how you feel about people with brown skin.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Very good point, crazyewok.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Believe me, I wish ethnic populations were only proportionally violent, but statistically they aren't. I understand it hurts people's feelings but an unpleasant truth shouldn't expect a guy to stand down defending himself from his head being broken open on the sidewalk.

Since this is a unpopular truth, the pistol is highly valued among folks who recognize that political correctness has some overreaching implications.

Not sure what role the perpetrators skin color ever plays in self defense. Crime isn't a race thing mate. It's just dumbasses of all shades.
edit on 22-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly, man

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Was Zimmerman supposed to determine Martin's socio-economic status while he was being slammed against the concrete?

Jeez, the guy was being assaulted. He defended his own life.

Where's the rub here?

Only that Martin was black and Zimmerman wasn't.

And yes, blacks are statistically more violent for a variety of reasons, none of which matter to a guy on his back being beaten the hell up.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I didn't come here to discuss whether he was justified or not. I came to defend his right to do as he pleased because he was exonerated.

His guilt or innocence is a different thread altogether. If you'd like to start that one I will.participate.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

If a gun was pulled on you wouldn't you fight back...? Zimmerman wasn't innocent, he caused the situation. Trayvon didn't kill Zimmerman, he just beat him up; it was not a life or death situation. If Trayvon had a knife or a gun then Zimmerman's use of a gun is understandable but this isn't the case; Trayvon had soda and some chips or candy. Zimmerman was looking for someone to give him an excuse and Trayvon gave it to him.
edit on 22-5-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Well maybe his punk ass should have honed his hand to hand combat skills. And violence is not limited to only black people. You're the type of guy that likes to instigate, egg things on and you don't like people of color, blacks in particular. I said what I said and left you alone. Don't keep coming for me. I get that you don't like me or anyone that shares my skin tone. I get that and I'm cool with it. Do your thing man, just leave me out of it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Only a pig would sell that weapon for major money.
and only an ahole would buy it.

Agreed. Even if I had 100% honestly shot and killed someone with the knowledge that it was the only way I could live... I don't think I would ever want to lay eyes on the gun I used to do it again. I would think that most normal folks would be haunted by something like that even if it wasn't really a choice but something one had to do. Why would you want to keep a keepsake from it? I would probably be wishing that everything and every memory of that moment would disappear forever.

Exactly.

I'm loving all the desperate arguments about his innocence gurgling to the surface and racial slurs going on.
The way i see it, you want to profit from a kill weapon, you are not a good person, pretty rotten actually.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No they really aren't, but I'm sure you have some 'facts' like that white nationalist garbage that floated around a while back that Trump retweeted
edit on ndSun, 22 May 2016 13:43:01 -0500America/Chicago520160180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yeah sorry for getting off-topic.

This subject is a hot-button issue for me and I easily forget how the fact that the guy's actions were deemed justified in the eyes of the law means nothing to some.

On-topic, I'll just state that the gun is his to sell for whatever he can get for it, and that he can get so much because it means a lot that you can still defend yourself against attacks and the law will back you up if it's done correctly, regardless of who your attacker happens to be.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The man is easy to find. Don't you have busfare?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

historical fire arms and guns that killed people who got media attention have always sold for good amounts of money as well as other artifacts that are not guns. al capones guns sold for more then twice that and bonnie and clydes death car is a tourist attraction so lots of precedent for this kind of thing

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

OK no need to go down that path. Race cards aren't welcome on ATS. Why even mention your skin colour? Your skin colour is irrelevant....

And for the love of god please don't say your profile name is JimiBlack cos your name is jimi and you happen to be black. Horrible if that is the case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join