It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cult of Scientology

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I can't believe I forgot about Going Clear!

There's some amazing info in there about this cult masquerading as a religion.

How could you forget? That was the only film more damaging to Travolta's career than that crapfest Battlefield Earth.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I can't believe I forgot about Going Clear!

There's some amazing info in there about this cult masquerading as a religion.

How could you forget? That was the only film more damaging to Travolta's career than that crapfest Battlefield Earth.

I dunno. Battlefield Earth was pretty crap lol

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I've always wondered why people would join a cult. Then I came across Scientology.

How can a "religion", like Scientology, even be around in this day and age?

Why would you want to pay to find out things that are freely available on the Internet?

Why would you put up with the abuse and still want to be a part of it?

Anyway, I came across this article Leaving scientology? while I was on my internet travels. It's about a person who documented her leaving of Scientology and what happens when you're in the cult. It's a pretty good read and definitely an eye opener.

I also happened upon A documentary on fraud and abuse in Scientology. There's a video on the page, as well as some more links for people to explore.

I just stumbled on another site. Funnily enough it's address is www.xenu.net.... Talk about ironic lol. It looks like a good resource too.

These are just 3 of the THOUSANDS of reports of abuse, fraud and people leaving. These are actual witnesses who were involved. It's not just some YouTube channel where someone just says it's bad and that is it.

Anywaaaaaays.....

hail the spaghetti monster!

The same reason someone joins a masonic lodge. To get powerful connections and any other perks that also may come with membership.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterH
a reply to: Parazurvan

Many years ago I did a little research into Scientology and I don't know how much of it is accurate or not, but certainly Hubbard was a close associate with Crowley the father of modern-day satanism.

Modern day Satanists are atheistic Satanists for the most part. Sure there are some that are Theistic but most of them would fit better with the Pagan title.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Well we might not join a cult only that if ur born or move to a g19 nation then ur integrating into a cult. Especially the USA, cdn, U.K., Australia. That makes u by default a cult member. For example from birth ur indoctrination begins on how to be a good sheep that tptb can use n rape. Eventually some snap out of there brainwashing n try to jump ship n get to s free nation

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

I've always wondered why people would join a cult. Then I came across Scientology.

How can a "religion", like Scientology, even be around in this day and age?

Why would you want to pay to find out things that are freely available on the Internet?

Why would you put up with the abuse and still want to be a part of it?

Anyway, I came across this article Leaving scientology? while I was on my internet travels. It's about a person who documented her leaving of Scientology and what happens when you're in the cult. It's a pretty good read and definitely an eye opener.

I also happened upon A documentary on fraud and abuse in Scientology. There's a video on the page, as well as some more links for people to explore.

I just stumbled on another site. Funnily enough it's address is www.xenu.net.... Talk about ironic lol. It looks like a good resource too.

These are just 3 of the THOUSANDS of reports of abuse, fraud and people leaving. These are actual witnesses who were involved. It's not just some YouTube channel where someone just says it's bad and that is it.

Anywaaaaaays.....

hail the spaghetti monster!

The same reason someone joins a masonic lodge. To get powerful connections and any other perks that also may come with membership.

I've not seen or heard of any perks with being a scientologist.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I don't even know where to start to explain how wrong you are.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is an article about L. Ron Hubbard and the ritual they called the Babylon working.

The story ends with Hubbard swindling his friend and setting sail of the coast of Florida.

The way it is told Jack Parsons invoked the appropriate goddess and a subsequent storm forced Hubbard to return to shore and he was served a subpoena taken to court and had to give up one or two of the boats he bought that that were supposed to sell for profit.

Its a story you never forgetwww.lermanet.com...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I would assume those perks are connections one can make with other members and those connections could help out business owners and the likes. Much like free masonry.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

I would assume those perks are connections one can make with other members and those connections could help out business owners and the likes. Much like free masonry.

You keep saying "like freemasonry". You do understand that Scientology is a religious cult and freemasonry isn't?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I am saying the perks are all the same, no matter if religion, cult or secret society.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If FM isn't a religion, why can't Atheists join? It's all secretive and all, why? Maybe there's some truth to the conspiracy? A good likelihood at least?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DbDraad

If FM isn't a religion, why can't Atheists join? It's all secretive and all, why? Maybe there's some truth to the conspiracy? A good likelihood at least?

Because you need to believe in a creator being. It can be any religion with a belief in a creator being. If you don't believe that everything was created by a being, the teachings would fall on deaf ears.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DbDraad
If FM isn't a religion, why can't Atheists join? It's all secretive and all, why?

There are plenty of lodges that admit atheists, maybe you should look harder.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterH
a reply to: Parazurvan
I am not an expert though, so I'd best not go into to much detail that I know. Those statements above come from reading works of Hubbard himself admitting these things, his friendship with Crowley, his admiration of the secret occult societies he was involved in, and his obvious incorporation of same into his fake religion he invented.

Actually Crowley strongly disliked Hubbard, and there is no wonder why. Hubbard was an exploiter and blatantly a liar.
Hubbard falsely claimed to be Crowley's friend (as you can see in a lecture available on youtube) but that is just him talking up his ass.

It is really sad that the Scientology s.hit has an indirect (being via people) connection to Thelema, it actually angers me.

edit on 19-11-2017 by Spectralmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Spectralmusic

A lot of people claimed to be friends with Great Unlcle Al (Crowley) in certain circles he was the name you dropped. Gardner certainly made claims that may or may not have been true, before he whipped Wicca out for the masses

The Hubbard family certainly likes its visits to the world of newly invented religions. Ron Hubbard (I think a nephew) founded Witch School and its associated Corellian Wiccan church. Having met Ron ... he has not fallen far from his more famous relatives tree.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Scientology leaves a bad taste in my mouth.... i cant help but think they will be the next jonestown

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog
Nah no money in mass suicide! They are a corporation first and foremost.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
Nah no money in mass suicide! They are a corporation first and foremost.

Never really thought of that

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sadly from what I've read and seen, money is what they are after. People focus in on the cult of Scientology. But the corporation is much more dangerous. You don't get squads of bomb wearing lunitics, or poison gas attacks. You get lawyers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join