It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when Santa Claus was real? He's not, MANDELA AF Effect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

So what?
Report me to mods if you like, go on tell them that nasty grainofsand is laughing at people who forget stuff and blame a time shift.

...and yes I've laughed out loud a few times in the multiple 'mandela' threads.
Until anyone has a scrap of supporting evidence I'll continue to consider it ridiculous.
I don't care if that unsettles you or anyone else.

Go on, click alert instead of whining here lol

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

How many times does it need to be spelled out that due to the very nature of the supposed ME, there is no way to prove or disprove anything. It is expected that you remember things the way they have always been in this reality so it is not an argument against it. Expecting anything more than anecdotes is a fallacy when arguing against this theory.

And again, suggesting that the most likely explanation is the right one is a huge fallacy too.

That's why I said that skeptics might aswell back off since there is nothing to gain for anyone. Why don't you just get over yourselves and let people who believe something strange is happening discuss their experiences? You are the ones that want to argue over something that can't be argued about.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Are you talking to me or trying to justify it for yourself? Who said anything about mods?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

And if this discussion of something that cannot be proven in any way, and has no real evidence to back it up, is to take place on ATS, then these threads should be opened in the "Gray Area". That is the forum for wild unsubstantiated claims requiring no proof. At least that is what I remember from my timeline.....your timeline may vary.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

This thread OP was essentially ridiculing the time shift silliness so perhaps it would be better for you to join one of the other Mandela 'love in' threads instead of whinging about skeptics in this one?

Just a thought as you seem so troubled with non believers.
edit on 22.5.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well said, but I found your Fish Cannon comment on your own previous error especially hilarious! I think seeing so many things written now, coupled with all the possibilities of shared viewpoints may be the main causative factor in these things seeming so real to so many people.

A great example is the Reba McEntire "Mandela Effect" - I thought about it and realized I doubt I'd ever seen her name in print before reading that one, and so, of course content I assumed it wasn't spelled stupidly. Turns out it is. Even fans with albums probably always glossed over it as their minds "filled in the blanks" with the proper spelling when looking at the cover.

As for a saying like your carp launcher, a good friend of mine always said "you mine as well" instead of "might as well" - it wasn't until the first time I saw it in a text that I thought, "while I'm flattered, I actually don't know the first thing about mining. I 'mine as well' as nobody!"

Also, "could care less" isn't an Americanism, is something said by people who don't think about what they're saying.
edit on 5/22/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Are you talking to me or trying to justify it for yourself? Who said anything about mods?

Yep, talking to you as you are whining that I am a troll because I'm laughing at the faith in time shifts.
Rather than coming out with silly labels I suggested you report me...that is a reasonable position to take in my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

He refered to ATS members who entertain this theory as "idiots". Do you see me starting threads with the sole intent of insulting and ridiculing a group of ATS members?
edit on 22-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Some people are so desperate to uncover a massive conspiracy, see Bigfoot or get abducted by aliens that they invent this Mandela affect toilet to be interesting, look at me look at me!

It's a real shame, I blame the matrix, I'm not just a nobody, I'm a special one.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The whole theory is a fallacy.

If you ignore the fact that our memories are terrible, then you're looking at this with zero objectivity.

And you're telling people to back off, which shows that you actually aren't interested in getting to the bottom of it, you're only interested in confirmation bias.

I bet you didn't even bother to click on the link I provided about Argumentum ad populum, god forbid someone tells what it is you're suffering from!

edit on 22/5/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I couldn't care less lol

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Most if not all are in Skunk Works which is the correct venue.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I see that one of those "effect" threads is now spiraling into God as the reason it is happening. It is done as a subtle message about Him. Next thing it will morph into messages of the second coming, and engulf the religious side of ATS.

Wait a minute, I see a $$$ opportunity here. What was that saying from TP Barnum? "A sucker is born every second?"

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

But they do not start there....that is my point.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

You said you are ridiculing these threads. There is a difference between thinking something is funny and ridiculing it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

That is a moot point since it takes nothing away from what I said.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Hahaha I'll have to dip back in for a chuckle!
No surprise though, 'time shift' claims have as much evidence as any claims of gods...that would be zero of course.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Wait a minute, I see a $$$ opportunity here. What was that saying from TP Barnum? "A sucker is born every second?"

Eerie...it used to be PT Barnum!!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You should know by now that Australia is not where it used to be. There are people who know this.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

You said you are ridiculing these threads. There is a difference between thinking something is funny and ridiculing it.

What are you whining about now?!
I am amused by time shift believers and I ridicule said belief...or blind faith I would say.
What's your problem?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join