It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when Santa Claus was real? He's not, MANDELA AF Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
When I was 2, I believed in Santa Claus. I now know he wasn't real.

People, your memory fades. We have a tendency to screw up spelling, screw up facts, associate an even with something else, or because we haven't heard about someone for a few years assume they are no longer around.

You're an idiot if you think you're living in an alternate timeline, that somehow everyone else is simultaneously living in. What's more likely? That you got something wrong or that two time lines melded together?

People still think the phrase is "I could care less" because that's how they hear it. I thought the phrase was Carpe Launche (that's how it SOUNDED to me/freaking fish cannon) when it's Carte Blanche. We make mistakes, and you need to sack up and admit you got it wrong. This Mandela Effect stuff is complete nonsense.

Just stop. Go back to your other reality.
edit on 2220160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Someone's child just read your thread title and now their heart is broken. Thanks Domo.

Ruiner of innocence and timelines.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Some people are too scared to admit they're human and have a faulty memory. I have no idea why though. We all have remembered something wrong.

For instance, I keep forgetting where I left my car keys. Do I blame it on an explanation with no proof? No. I blame it on the damn pixies who keep moving them.
edit on 2252016 by TerryDon79 because: I could have sworn I spelt that correctly. Mandela effect?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Santa Claus is real dude, alive and due'n well, just look at the Hilliary, she is the children's new Santa Claus for America. Would you believe I wrote in "Satan".Claus.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

He's going to have to relocate though.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Domo1

Alternative viewpoints are dangerous. Just face the view screen and do your squat thrusts, comrades.

😶

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Do you think he'll be able to survive when he does? I figured he was trying to cool his buns after traversing the world in a single night.

Santa Claus causes global warming. I get it now.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I could care less is a ridiculous Americanism which makes me cringe every time I read it on ATS.
If you could care less then that means you have a level of care which is capable of being reduced further.

The British (and probably Australian, N.Zealand) term is correct - I couldn't care less - although I do, it mildly annoys me.

Mandela effects though? Lol no, just people in denial that they've forgotten something, mildly amusing though.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The British (and probably Australian, N.Zealand) term is correct - I couldn't care less - although I do, it mildly annoys me.

Well you all have been screwing up the language so much it's hard to tell. I'm American, and I say "I couldn't care less". I also say I was sitting instead of sat down, but cheerio!

I know you get blustered when the queen is challenged, but AMERICA speaks real English.

Look it up, the colonies speak more better English.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
When I was around 9 years old I became aware of the possibility of shifting timelines/worldlines/dimensions.

I decided to hold a touchstone in my mind so that if one of these shifts happened I would be aware of it.

I decided my touchstone memory would be Napoleon's conquest of all of Europe and Asia and that he ruled half of the world pretty much benevolently until he died.

After his death his empire fell apart pretty quickly and for the most part the old borders and countries reasserted themselves.

I do not believe in the "Mandela effect" which would be more appropriately referred to as the "Biko effect".

I learned to read by sounding things out, so I've always known it was the Berenstain Bears (I even remember TV guide misspelling it).

Even though I believe the so-called Mandela effect is a farce, the phenomenon it seeks to be is very real.
edit on 22-5-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I can't help but judge people that say "I could care less.", or "supposably". Things like that. I mean I know that the education system in America is crap but I mean c'mon!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Lol! I couldn't care less fella

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I heard someone, the other day, mention that they lived bi curiously through another person.

(They were wanting to say vicariously)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

Agreed, 'I couldn't care less' indicates that one cares so little for something that the level of caring is incapable of being further reduced.
'I could care less' indicates one still holds a level of care and is capable of reducing that level further.

It is a ridiculous Americanism.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good Jesus that's brilliant. I'm totally adding Bicuriously to my vocabulary.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

It's a dumbism. You can blame it on Americans all you like, I could give a crap.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Are you sure they weren't trying to tell you something sugar tits?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Actually, it also has a hint of special snowflake.

"The world has changed around us." Or, "We are not originally from your world."
edit on 5/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Exactly friend! I've actually gotten in arguments with people that defend it & try to explain it to them exactly as you just have. Unfortunately, ego kicks in usually & people adamantly refuse to accept the truth & logic behind it, as it would mean admitting they were wrong (coincidentally, the actual point to Domos thread here!)
Human nature at its worst.

Fear The Mandela.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join