It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Party Affilliation, Lets Discuss Specific Views

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I consider myself an egalitarian first & foremost. I believe there is enough money in the world that we could have eradicated poverty & hunger 100x over worldwide. I think it's obscene that anyone is worth millions of dollars much less billions. I could never work another day in my life with just $1million, & currently survive just nicely on less than $30k a year. I'd say I'm equally in favor of wealth redistribution & the NWO (obviously the modern state of society & human nature makes both of these unable to function in a truly egalitarian sense)
I think it's ridiculous that we want to live in a service society/economy while demonizing fast food workers & attempting to pay retail workers less than livable wages while glorifying ceo wages & bonuses. Even white collar desk jobs are barely scraping by nowadays.
I think a salary CAP would be warranted. Force everyone into a ceiling of $1million a year income & the rest immediately flows back into the business & salaries of every employee goes up.

I can't think of too many other liberal stances I have... I tell people I'm pro abortion. They say, & usually disdainfully, "you mean pro-life." I say No! I mean pro-abortion, I think everybody should get one! All in all, I think abortion should be illegal but I also think the education system & welfare systems aren't capable of supporting any & all life that we bring into the world.
On the flip side, I think we need a strongly enforced death penalty. Rapists & murderers should be immediately put down, no questions asked (after a trial with adequate evidence)

I'm a firm believer that everyone should own & be trained to use a firearm starting at young ages.

Anyone else share similar viewpoints? What are some things I left out that makes you lean right, left, or off the chart?
edit on 22-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I am not registered to any party. I have no affiliation. So any views you get from me are mine despite what people try to accuse me of.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I fully support that! & it's exactly my point, I feel I have hard right & hard left stances. I've always been an extremist & definitely don't feel I fit into any specific bracket. I guess that's what independent is supposed to be technically?
I think many of us are familiar with your stances on things (/:

What's your take on my stances? Agree/disagree about certain aspects?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

The first step towards reform of Wall Street would be an inverse-progressive tax on capital gains. People would be required to hold a security for five business days before they could sell it. This would prevent market manipulation. Stocks sold in less than 30 business days would incur a 75% capital gains tax. Stocks sold in less than six months would be taxed 50%, and stocks sold in less than a year at 25%. After that, it would be the usual 20%. This would disincentivize speculation and encourage long term investment.

Brokerages (and banks!) should be required to have at least 50% of the capital they would like to leverage in demonstrated liquid assets, and all debt should be transferred whole, rather than cut into tranches.

A salary cap should be placed on executive pay in terms of a percentage of the other employees' wages. If the execs want a raise, they would have to give one to everybody.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I believe in individual rights.

To sum up what I believe. . . .

I think that a gay married couple worth 10 billion dollars should be able to go into a cake shop with their transgendered cousin, use the bathroom they feel most comfortable with, buy their cake while wearing side arms.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The first step towards reform of Wall Street would be an inverse-progressive tax on capital gains. People would be required to hold a security for five business days before they could sell it. This would prevent market manipulation.

Insane.

The "manipulators would buy several stocks and time it all out anyway.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Heck yes brother. I can agree with that sentiment completely. Unfortunately, many Americans don't agree & insist on forcing their will/"values" on others. It is always the petty social issues distracting us from the actual government policies which collectively hurt everyone.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think that a gay married couple worth 10 billion dollars should be able to go into a cake shop with their transgendered cousin, use the bathroom they feel most comfortable with, buy their cake while wearing side arms.

The only other thing I needed to go along with your post was Kate Smith singing God Bless America in the background.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I once wrote about my philosophy.

It is "I don't care".

I don't care;
What you make
Who you sleep with
What you eat
What you drink
What you smoke
What you think
Where you pee

As long as it isn't infringing on my rights, then I don't care.

It isn't up to me.

Your freedom should never be based on what I believe or contribute.

I believe in freedom.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The only other thing I needed to go along with your post was Kate Smith singing God Bless America in the background.

Naked, she has to be naked, and holding a plate of bacon.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Naked, she has to be naked...

You sure?

edit on 22-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know. I first thought Kate Jackson.

But my position stands.

Naked.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The first step towards reform of Wall Street would be an inverse-progressive tax on capital gains. People would be required to hold a security for five business days before they could sell it. This would prevent market manipulation.

Insane.

Do you actually understand how the stock market works?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Based on your OP, we probably don't see eye-to-eye on everything, but that's ok too.

Who's to say that I'm always right or have the best ideas?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Insane.

More than you can imagine.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nice post S+F

I believe money has divided the world populations, those who have billions of dollars, believe they are superior over mankind.

Yes money, If you could take money out of the equation then all humans will be equal.

Money is power, the one's that have the most want control of mankind because money allows them to do so.

It is a sad shame that most billionaires are greedy and more is not enough.

Good and evil play a big role in who is controlling who, and I see a lot of evil here. Mankind has been forced to become slaves for thousands of years because of money.

We are taught this is the only system and nothing else will work for mankind. On the contrary we were taught wrong. there are now communities across the country thriving without the use of money.

No one is a slave and everyone is equal and it is working very well.

It is so true that money is the root of all evil in my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Insane.

Then please explain how you would circumvent my proposed regulations in order to manipulate the market.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Insane.

Then please explain how you would circumvent my proposed regulations in order to manipulate the market.

First, you need to show a detailed example of a market manipulation.

Then I will shoot holes in it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Insane.

First, you need to show a detailed example of a market manipulation.

Then I will shoot holes in it.

A brokerage hypes an IPO, then uses a computerized trading program to purchase large amounts of it on margin when it drops. This drives the price up for smaller investors, then the brokerage sells off their position on the same day. They can make millions without spending a cent. My proposed regulation would make that impossible. Now show me how you would run that scam under the proposed regulations.
edit on 22-5-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The first step towards reform of Wall Street would be an inverse-progressive tax on capital gains. People would be required to hold a security for five business days before they could sell it. This would prevent market manipulation. Stocks sold in less than 30 business days would incur a 75% capital gains tax. Stocks sold in less than six months would be taxed 50%, and stocks sold in less than a year at 25%. After that, it would be the usual 20%. This would disincentivize speculation and encourage long term investment.

Brokerages (and banks!) should be required to have at least 50% of the capital they would like to leverage in demonstrated liquid assets, and all debt should be transferred whole, rather than cut into tranches.

A salary cap should be placed on executive pay in terms of a percentage of the other employees' wages. If the execs want a raise, they would have to give one to everybody.

Restrictions on selling shares would reduce speculation on holding equities directly but would be extremely difficult and expensive to enforce.
It would also do nothing to increase long term investment (as stock markets have very little to do with investment in companies) .

With regard salary caps again this seems quite a complex way of achieving something a could be accomplished with progressive (and enforced) tax rates.

I do agree with some minimum reserve ratios although I think 50% would be too great a restriction and have seriously adverse consequences.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join