It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme police brutality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I live in a small town of 250 people. Roughly 4 months ago a man whos wife had left him and taken his child OD"d a bit on alcohol. He had been wandering the streets and rambling. He then went back to his house and threatened to commit suicide. Instead of sending a few officers to deal with the problem, a SWAT team comes. The whole shiibang, snipers, fully automatic weapons, etc. The man had his son in the house. He was not holding the son hostage, and even released him. After the release he was then sniped through the window and hit in the neck. He stumbled outside and then was fired upon by 14 officers. He was hit 30+ times. He never even fired a shot. When I asked a witness what she had asked a police officer she replied, and I quote " we merely helped his suicide" This is disgusting. This 7 year old child will now have to live life without a father, and the none of the police officers will be reprimanded. Does anyone see this as disgracefull? This makes me fear that anyone can be gunned down for small insignificant reasons. Ludicris, thats all I have to say about the state of Americas police force.

Mod Edit:to remove ALL-CAPS from thread title.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Even if he wanted to commit suicide, why help him? I think this is just sick and the officer who first sniped him should have serious penalties enforced onto him.

We should all think of that poor kid who now has no father.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I can guarentee there was more to this story...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
As someone else has stated, there probably is more to this story. It is sad though, to see someone slowly descend into madness when life takes a turn. I believe that the main problem here is not the current state of the police mind set but the fact that this is a small town. This man had probably garnered a pretty notorious reputation by this point so emotions were probably running high. The police were probably so hyped up when they arrived at the scene that an unfortunate outcome was inevitable. There definitely has to be more investigation into this case.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
its a sick world, i saw something like this on COPS, a special edition named "Shots Fired".. these cops were following a young male up a busy street and he was holding a knife, he wasnt going to do # and he was telling them to leave him alone, then this cop car pulls up next to him forcing him into the barrier in the middle of the road, this obviously scared the officer directly following the kid because he decided to shoot him in the stomach.. they then proceeded to throw him to the ground and put his arms behind his back while the poor kids dieing on the ground and the officers are all defeding this joe policeman saying he shouldnt of resisted n #, they then turn the kid over to reveal a gaping gunwound. it made me feel sick, i can still see that picture in my mind when i think about it.

its f* disgraceful, and to have them put this CRAP on TV for us to swallow.. its f* ludacrisy.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Where was this? My first reaction is that cops always get away with this stuff.

But I will concede, there's probably a lot more to the story.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
I can guarentee there was more to this story...

I know I wonder if Fd_up just happened to leave out the fact that this guy was armed with a rifle or shotgun . They dont send SWAT teams if someone is trying to commit sucicide with sleeping pills.

lawdka0z If your within 21 ft of a officer with a knife you can make to them and stab them before they can draw their weapon. How do you know this guy wasnt "going to do !@#$" ?

Perhaps cops should just let anyone go that is brandising a lethal weapon in public as long as they say "leave me alone"

[edit on 20-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Fd_up,

Do you have a link to a news article or do we have to take your version of the story as the gospel truth?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yes, is there a link to this story?

he was then sniped through the window

ShadowXIX, how is this brandishing a weapon in public?
Last I heard your home is considered your private domain?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
if it were a cute little bunny, i could see the outrage, but a mere human? and an alcoholic at that? i think they should have followed him to the bar and killed everyone in it. we need more police, it's clear. and more legal freedom for them. diplomatic immunity, even. they should be able to kill whomever they want, whenever they want. don't you think?

(due to the fact that sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate to text, please treat as satire).

edited cause i'm drunk, and cnat slepl. so shoot me.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by billybob]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have to agree with billybob on this one, let's give our police the same power as the SS in WWII Germany. Let's encourage violent behavior from our law enforcement agencies by allowing them to get away with murder. I mean we are but filthy peasants and working class, we need the violence and subjugation to keep us in our place. Hell better yet, let's participate in programs which encourage citizen participation, snitch programs, etc. It's already well under way. Wear a turban next time you go out on a major highway and see how long it takes one of the hero truckers to radio you in as a terror suspect. How far are we going to let this go? I'd say in the case of this thread, pretty damned far. It doesn't take a genius to see that this man was murdered, he released his son, so it was no longer a hostage situation, right? He was shot through the window of his home, right? The officer that shot him should be tried for 1st degree murder, and the other officers that fired shots should eb charged for second degree murder and the police force responsible should loose their jobs. However, they will be glorified in the name of law enforcement, and this incident will repeat itslef again because of the lack of reprisal from the community. It's a pattern that is common in a facist state. To protect and serve... yeah, they served him up real good. Sickening. If this guy has family that you know of, I would STRONGLY encourage a civil litigation for wrongful death and major media campaign, I wouldn't stop till I owned that freaking town if they had sniped somebody in my family through his freaking window.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Wow your cops seem to be pretty trigger happy BTW, dont cops get stab proof vests like over here?
A knife is diffrent than a gun, you dont need to shoot someone to take him out.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Wow your cops seem to be pretty trigger happy BTW, dont cops get stab proof vests like over here?

It all differs by department...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What town is this? Any newpaper reports about it? Surely the police offered some explanation, even if it was inadequate. What was it?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What reasoning does a town of 250 use to finance a swat team. I don't think so. Most towns of 250 usually have a Barney with a badge, and a fifteen year-old cruiser. Sorry, but this in not the whole story.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are several cases of extreme police brutality archived at Alex Jones site. There are cases of police officers cutting of peoples fingers, firing at pregnant ladies, shooting domesticated dogs, and shooting children. There is one very similar to the case fd-up describes, where a child, holding a knife, threatening to kill himself, is first shot by a taser and then shot dead by police officers. The police claimed it was in self-defence, however the parents claimed the boy was first shot with a taser-gun, he then fell to the ground and was shaking, and then they proceeded to shoot him.

I hate to break it to the skeptics, but this is a reality of American police, and by doubting it doesn't happen, it's not going to go away. Your inaction and ignorance is breeding a very dangerous and lethal breed of people, much like the Nazis.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
What reasoning does a town of 250 use to finance a swat team.

No reason to think that its the towns own swat team. Heck, might not've even been an actual swat team either, might just've been heavily armed police.

and by doubting it doesn't happen, it's not going to go away.

Just because police brutality happens doesn't mean it happens everytime someone claims it does.

All that is asked for his is some thing more than a story, like a newspaper link, or the name of the town, or anything really.

much like the Nazis.

Godwin's Rule applies.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Just because police brutality happens doesn't mean it happens everytime someone claims it does.

If you were a responsible citizen of Planet Earth, you would not dismiss this so easily. It's one thing for to be a case of extreme police brutality in a free society, but for there to be dozens of them by veterans, most of which are not prosecuted, and then to have "shoot-to-kill" orders legislated by the supreme court, is another.

Then we have the fact that peoples houses have been raided, and so are schools, by special-ops teams putting guns to peoples heads. This is a huge problem, and by ignoring it, it will just get bigger and affect more people. This kind of aggression by the state can only be stopped by a united effort by the people.

Unfortunately, it seems like the people can't careless, as long as it is not them, it's all good.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

much like the Nazis.

Godwin's Rule applies.

Pulling the Godwin's Rule card is just as bad as pulling the Nazi card, or the gay card, or the (insert your card HERE.)

In this case, there is very strong connection. Two different law enforcement agencies behaving in much the same manner and you expect everyone not to state the obvious connection because someone predicted the connection would be made allot?

So, in these boards, you expect everyone to just not say the words Nazi or Hitler just because of "Godwin's Rule"?

Hey, maybe if I make up “Cavscout’s Rule” about how someone will always bring up liberal ideology in chat rooms and web forums, it will be used to stop liberals from participating in conversation!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

he was then sniped through the window

ShadowXIX, how is this brandishing a weapon in public?
Last I heard your home is considered your private domain?

No I was talking about the young male walking up a busy street with a knife lawdka0z mentioned on the show COPS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join