It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: American People See Hillary Clinton as 'Lesser of Two Evils'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Presidential hopeful and underdog for the Democratic nomination Bernie Sanders said one of the reasons he is staying in the race is because he does not want Americans "voting for the lesser of two evils."

Sanders added that he will use Hillary Clinton's low favorability ratings as part of his case to Democratic party super delegates that they should back him over her.

"We need a campaign, an election, coming up which does not have two candidates who are really very, very strongly disliked. I don't want to see the American people voting for the lesser of two evils," the senator told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos during an interview that will air on "This Week" Sunday. "I want the American people to be voting for a vision of economic justice, of social justice, of environmental justice, of racial justice."
Bernie Sanders: American People See Hillary Clinton as 'Lesser of Two Evils'

I thought Sanders was above flip-flopping on issues. What about the following?

Bernie Sanders Says He Will ‘Certainly Support’ Hillary Clinton If She’s The Democratic Nominee
“Sure I will,” he said, when pressed by CBS News’ Charlie Rose in an interview. “Look, as I said a million times, I think the idea of a Donald Trump or a Ted Cruz presidency would be an unmitigated disaster for this country. I will do everything in my power and work as hard as I can to make sure that that does not happen. And if Secretary Clinton is the nominee, I will certainly support her.”

Everyone who's saying that they know Hillary Clinton will not be indicted are basing their argument on one common point:

It hasn't happened to the Clintons yet so therefore it will never happen.

There's only one problem with that argument. The FBI has never been involved with any of the Clinton's previous scandals. In terms of the U.S. government, the FBI is "semi-autonomous." That's why things are different this time.

I've read reports saying that if the FBI recommends an indictment of Clinton and it doesn't happen, the FBI can release their findings to the public. That's apparently part of their "semi-autonomous" power. According to my research, the FBI could strong-arm the Obama administration into indicting Clinton by threatening to release their findings if Clinton isn't indicted.

When it comes to the Clintons, you cannot compare anything they've gotten away with previously to Hillary's current trouble with the FBI.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Okay, Flagged and Starred and Subscribed.

What is your point? Yes, she's the lesser of whatever options (if one only considers the Democrats and Republicans)....but don't forget, Bernie is an Independent. He is rousing the rabble - the 'independent' millennials who are now of voting age. Who are paying attention to a further degree than we ever had an opportunity to do - (as in, their parents - my kids are mid/late 20s) and are making informed, fresh decisions based on recently offered information.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Bernie is "done." He's not.
But your thread seemed to drift off onto Hillary's dirty laundry stuff - and so, maybe I missed the point?
You were saying????

edit on 5/21/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The FBI is not any degree autonomous…it’s an arm of the Attorney General.

As for Bernie…

Bernie may have gotten the ambition and ego bug in him.
True Hillary is the practical choice for many of the lesser of two evils but she won fair and square.

He more wants his ego satisfied than saving the republic from Trump.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Everyone who's saying that they know Hillary Clinton will not be indicted are basing their argument on one common point:

No, they're not. For her to be indicted, there would have to be evidence of an indictable offense. There are plenty of people who don't think she committed a crime.

You're starting from a presumption of guilt for a crime for which she can be indicted and working your way back from there. I've read so many.. too many threads about Hillary's emails. Most of them claiming to be about some Earth-shattering development or another that doesn't pan out.
edit on 2016-5-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

As far as I can see, the FBI isn't even owned by the U.S. government:

Contact Information
Fbi
Phone: (202) 252-7801

christopher coleman
owner and ceo and cfo
www.manta.com...

You can't SERIOUSLY be suggesting that the company called Fbi is the SAME as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, can you? The rest of your post has some merit to it, but this is just moronic.
edit on 5/21/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The Republicans and Democrats are the 2 evils and folks have been voting for the muppet that represents the lesser of them for so long they've forgotten how to think!!

There is no doubting that both Trump and Hillary are getting the lions share of media coverage - good, bad or otherwise and this has had the knock-on effect of polarizing a lot of individuals and groups into anti-Trump and anti-Clinton camps more so than supporting party alignment.

With Bernie being an independent, I can see why the DNC is currently immersed in self-reflection as to what the future may hold for the party - weighing up a Hillary nomination versus a Bernie nomination for the 2016 race appears to be at the forefront of current DNC activities, with speculation (here) that superdelegates may swing in Bernies favor.

Since it appears almost 100% certain that it will be Trump versus X in the race for the Oval Office, in my opinion, the DNC will hand victory to the GOP if they choose Hillary as the candidate - to a greater extent I believe that there has been an awakening of a sufficient portion of Americans across the entire political spectrum who can see the system for what it is - a war between establishment political ideologues and the US citizens...where the 2-party system is nothing but a ruse to give the illusion of choice.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

At first I think Bernie was talking about doing everything he can to make sure Trump didn't win the presidency, which the obvious consequence of such a statement is endorsing Hillary if he doesn't win the nomination, however it's my belief that he said this for political reasons. My rationale is this: his desires are twofold. On the one hand he wants to make a commitment to strengthen the democratic party especially since he has been an independent, however supporting Hillary would be him himself choosing the lesser of two evils and is, frankly, a very bad judgement decision and something most of his followers would not be interested in anyway.

As far as the people who think Clinton won't be indicted, they are usually just delusional or uninformed or really dumb because she will be. The public evidence is, in itself, overwhelming. It is hard to even overstate how much o fa liability Clinton would be a president. It simply will not happen. Just because she seems like teflon because her past 'scandals' never amounted to anything is bull# gambler's fallacy method of assessing her current predicament. She is big and powerful but not too big to fail, where she can take the whole democratic party down with her. Her power is an illusion. The FBI, in particular James Comey, DGAF about any of that because she isn't above the law, isn't more important than national security, setting dangerous precedents, or insulting the intelligence community.

Furthermore, people just don't like her. The American people don't like her, the intelligence community doesn't like her, and anyone she can't bribe into being in her corner doesn't like her. Obama will not be risking his legacy to push her up the hill to being president and if you look at the history of this investigation his DOJ has done a lot already to help the FBI.
edit on 21-5-2016 by filched because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2016 by filched because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

OK good, I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I doesn't mean he flip-flopped. Maybe he still will support Hillary in the worse case scenario.

To me it just seems like he is keeping himself motivated to not give up.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I see Bernie as "The older of two evils".

Hillary as "The evil of two evils".

Trump as "The hairpiece of two evils".

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That’s a self-righteous statement.
Many see Bernie as the lesser of two or three evils

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Anyone that wants the government to have more control and oversight is evil, in my book.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Don't make the mistake of thinking that Bernie is "done." He's not.
But your thread seemed to drift off onto Hillary's dirty laundry stuff - and so, maybe I missed the point?
You were saying????

I was trying to get an answer from the "Hillary will never be indicted" crowd.

originally posted by: Willtell

The FBI is not any degree autonomous…it’s an arm of the Attorney General.

For the moment, the Justice Department, with the exception of its semi-autonomous FBI component, does not appear to have much involvement at all in the Clinton investigation.
White House Toes the ‘Clinton Is Not a Target’ Line

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No, they're not. For her to be indicted, there would have to be evidence of an indictable offense. There are plenty of people who don't think she committed a crime.

You couldn't possibly debunk the following, could you?

U.S. Representative: 'It's very clear [Clinton] should be indicted'

www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: schuyler
You can't SERIOUSLY be suggesting that the company called Fbi is the SAME as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, can you? The rest of your post has some merit to it, but this is just moronic.

Sometimes I'm careless like that. Thanks for your help.

originally posted by: filched
As far as the people who think Clinton won't be indicted, they are usually just delusional or uninformed or really dumb because she will be. The public evidence is, in itself, overwhelming. It is hard to even overstate how much o fa liability Clinton would be a president. It simply will not happen. Just because she seems like teflon because her past 'scandals' never amounted to anything is bull# gambler's fallacy method of assessing her current predicament. She is big and powerful but not too big to fail, where she can take the whole democratic party down with her. Her power is an illusion. The FBI, in particular James Comey, DGAF about any of that because she isn't above the law, isn't more important than national security, setting dangerous precedents, or insulting the intelligence community.

[liberal poster]
You're clearly just biased. blah blah blah...
[/liberal poster]

I'm just getting that out of the way to save a real liberal poster time.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

What you're quoting does not in any way indicate a flip flop.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Bernie Sanders didn't flip-flop. He has laid out his position in a chronological order:

1. Donald Trump AND Hillary Clinton are hated (not right for the job)
2. He'll make a case to the super delegates because A) he wants the nomination and B) Trump is not right for the job
3. Ultimately, if the nomination goes to Hillary Clinton he'll support her

I don't see the point of the first half of your post, yet I agree with the latter half...
edit on 21-5-2016 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Bernie is "done." He's not

Not done. Down and out and close.As long as he keeps up the rhetoric of everything free for everyone. Young people like that.Wise people know that is an absolute impossibility

edit on 5/21/16 by Gothmog because: add

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: prepared4truth

Bernie Sanders didn't flip-flop. He has laid out his position in a chronological order:

1. Donald Trump AND Hillary Clinton are hated (not right for the job)
2. He'll make a case to the super delegates because A) he wants the nomination and B) Trump is not right for the job
3. Ultimately, if the nomination goes to Hillary Clinton he'll support her

I don't see the point of the first half of your post, yet I agree with the latter half...

"I don't want to see the American people voting for the lesser of two evils." - Bernie Sanders

"And if Secretary Clinton is the nominee, I will certainly support her.” - Bernie Sanders

The flip-flop, as I see it, is the mere fact that Sanders would support something that he doesn't "want to see." Isn't that antithetical to the entire concept of supporting a candidate?

The reason so many in the GOP are refusing to endorse or support Trump is because a Trump presidency is something that they don't want to see. Even many corrupt politicians will not stoop to that level.

It's so obviously antithetical that posters here were saying Sanders would be a "sellout" to support Clinton not too long ago.

After I pointed out the quote by Sanders himself saying that he will support Clinton if necessary, that talk has stopped.

It's madness, baby.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

As long as he keeps up the rhetoric of everything free for everyone. Young people like that.Wise people know that is an absolute impossibility

Actually, young people recognize its absolutely possible, since the rest of the developed world have been doing it for years. The people you refer to as "wise", are actually just to stubbornly accustomed to the old obsolete system, to accept a new more efficient & fairer system.

But either way, whether stubborn or wise. I do agree that Sanders has no chance in the current political climate, with his tried and proven moderate policies.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Gothmog

As long as he keeps up the rhetoric of everything free for everyone. Young people like that.Wise people know that is an absolute impossibility

Actually, young people recognize its absolutely possible, since the rest of the developed world have been doing it for years. The people you refer to as "wise", are actually just to stubbornly accustomed to the old obsolete system, to accept a new more efficient & fairer system.

But either way, whether stubborn or wise. I do agree that Sanders has no chance in the current political climate, with his tried and proven moderate policies.

Talks cheap, Takes MONEY to buy land. And no , a utopian government is not impossible in itself. The politicians make it impossible

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

You could consider it selling out, but it is not in any way, shape or form, a "flip-flop."
edit on 22/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join