It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superdelegates Switching To Bernie!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that up until just recently, the diehard Bernie supporters couldn't say enough about how Hillary was going to use superdelegates to "steal the nomination" and going on about being disenfranchised.

What happened to all that?

I could care a less, I'm voting for Bernie in my state's primary and I'll vote for either against Trump in the general election but I'm not a supporter of either. I'm simply pointing out that the opinions on superdelegates are rather... expedient.

For what it's worth, I don't think there should be superdelegates at all. I also believe that caucuses should be phased out and that the entire primary system standardized.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

She's being investigated by the FBI and that alone should disqualify anyone.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Clinton and Trump have actually been very kind to Sanders. There is a lot to attack him over and they really just haven't because they both want to court his supporters when he drops out.

It doesn't matter, the dems clearly want Clinton as evidenced by the massive amount of votes she's garnered over Sanders. Look how poorly Sanders did in Florida, Ohio, and Virginia.

I keep hearing people saying that the biggest issue Sanders has is name recognition. It's also his greatest strength. When people start hearing about his past, his wife's past and realize he wrote rape fantasy (it doesn't matter if that's been twisted) they are going to jump of that ship in a second. No one wants a communist sympathizer. Look at Venezuela, Trump airs footage of Sanders commenting about breadlines and shows the state Venezuela is in and it's over.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: thinline

So you don't believe Bernie that politicians are bought and paid for, corrupt to the core? You think he's lying?

In any case, who knows if there's any truth to this HuffPost Op-Ed piece but so far the super delegates have supported their corrupted leader before the race even started and continue until this day.

Ya right, like he knows. How many has he bought?

Oh wait..he a politician!!

Like he knows what? The painfully obvious fact money controls politicians and that DC is corrupt to the core? Were you born yesterday?

How many politicians has he bought? What are you talking about? Maybe you were born yesterday.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Really? Please post those polls you speak of because all the polls I've seen to date have Sanders beating all the GOP candidates, most definitely Trump.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This is the only poll that matters right now

Beat Hillary and then we can talk.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
While I disagree with most of your comment, I did star you for this tidbit...

originally posted by: theantediluvian
For what it's worth, I don't think there should be superdelegates at all. I also believe that caucuses should be phased out and that the entire primary system standardized.

State delegates should not be winner takes all!

The delegates are determined by the number of congressional seats, for each state. Thereby each congressional district should be able to vote for whom their delegate chooses.

This way 90% of New York state(who voted Sanders) isn't forced with a Hillary win just because three metropolitan cities voted for her.

New York is a sickening example of a screwed up system

www.nytimes.com...
Just scroll down and look are all that green, for Sanders, in N.Y. state, then try to convince anyone that Clinton won...
edit on 21-5-2016 by kalisdad because: Spelling

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Clinton and Trump have actually been very kind to Sanders.

That's because they like his spending & tax plan and want him to win.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think Hillary just wants Sanders to keep sucking up millions of dollars that will end up going to the DNC and her when he loses. I can't believe people are still donating to him.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think Hillary just wants Sanders to keep sucking up millions of dollars that will end up going to the DNC and her when he loses. I can't believe people are still donating to him.

People invest time and effort into their candidate and it's hard to give up on that kind of investment for anyone. If Bernie loses, the money will go to pay off his campaign debt and he'll probably have to ask for even more to pay it all off.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why? Not only is a person innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, charges haven't even been filed.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I've noticed there are some very reasonable Bernie supporters, and then there is a festering cult that would like nothing more than to lock Hillary up without a trial, or as you pointed out even charges to pave a path for their leader.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

There shouldn't be Super Delegates... but there are at least for this election (it seems states are doing away with them for 2020) so of course we want them. Bernie should get the Super Delegates for the states he won and the SD's shouldn't have pledged to Hillary from the beginning which put Bernie at a severe uphill battle from the start.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Really? Please post those polls you speak of because all the polls I've seen to date have Sanders beating all the GOP candidates, most definitely Trump.

I think I challenged you in my post. And did I not state it had been a while since I had checked ? Both these statements are the truth...in a debate you do not answer a challenge with a challenge.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The irony is staggering with the other things she says in that same quote, too. She calls for campaigning for every vote, calls out her opponents for constantly telling her to quit her campaign (and why it historically doesn't make sense), being willing to debate anytime/anywhere, not buying into the "party unity" argument, and is in favor of carrying her case to the convention.

She literally has pushed for the exact opposite on each of these points during this campaign.
edit on 21-5-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2016 by enlightenedservant because: lol I'd left a word out, thought I fixed it, but hadn't. i blame trump and rubio

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

The DNC is said to be imploding from within due to the DNC chair woman and her minions usurping resources and mitigating Bernie's campaign at every turn at the behest of Clinton. So if true then it would not surprise me that many Superdelegates would think of jumping ship and getting on the Bern Train to save the party before it turns out like the GOP/RNC.

How true any of it is is anyone's guess. I am not voting for any of them.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kalisdad

Sounds like a system that needs to crash & burn in my opinion. I am a proud nonvoter, never registered in any of the states I've lived in. I don't think OneQuestion meant people should vote 3rd party, more that voting in general is worthy of contempt. Unless you live in a "battleground" state, I really don't see the point of voting against or with the grain. If I voted, & had to choose between Hillary or trump I would absolutely do trump (I'm a liberal Bernie supporter with a few hard right stances) but what's the point when I live in a state that always goes blue, corruption & fake system reasonings aside.
edit on 22-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

& don't even get me started on the electoral college. What's the point in fighting against super delegates, the system ain't changing anytime soon. Bernie people have accepted that there's nothing they can do about super delegates, they have to if they're going to continue under the delusional sham that is American politics. Or maybe SillyOlMe is right & Hillary really is getting the popular vote, & so you can't really argue against super delegates going with the pop.
Personally, I prefer to think the elections are rigged because the idea that the majority of people are actually voting for Hillary makes me sick to my stomach.
edit on 22-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Knowing how the Clintons operate, if I were Bernie, I'd make sure the security on whichever planes I fly is extremely tight.

Wouldn't want any mishaps.

So the Clinton's get away with murdering people, but can't seem to hire adequate network security for a home-based email server?

Yep, checks out. *eye roll*

Unless that is how Hilary passed her top secret information on to her over lords.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kalisdad

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The indictment is just a republican dream. It's never going to happen. She shouldn't drop out.

I call BS on this statement. I'm far from any GOP stand, yet I fully believe that she should be behind bars

Your rhetoric is getting old and dare I say... Silly

So glad SOMEONE said it besides me. In every Trump and Hilary thread, you can always count on the SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join