It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't list to the Tea Party- Government lands shown to be profitable for local communities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This actually isn't new because they've done several studies on this throughout the years that show the same thing, but I thought ATS should be educated about this. Far from being bad or useless as many conservatives try to propagandize people to believe, public lands can be profitable for local communities in addition to the health, recreational, resource and spiritual values these lands offer.

Hikers, Hunters, Birders on Public Lands Mean Millions for Local Communities

www.wta.org...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Don't list to the Tea Party- Government lands shown to be profitable for local communities

Ok, sshhhhhhh
it's our little secret.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I'm confident you will show some tie-in with the "Tea Party".

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"Far from being bad or useless as many conservatives try to propagandize people to believe" If you really believe this then you need professional help to cope with your psychosis.

I reference this, very short, article only so you don't think I'm making things up or just trying to be mean to you.

eric.ed.gov...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That doesnt seem too bad but despite what the power hungry control freaks in DC would tell you, the federal government has no authority in the matter.

The individual states however can do as they please.

The Property Clause authorized Congress to exercise a general police power within the territories before they were formed into states.

Once states were admitted to the union, however, Congress could exercise full police powers over federal land located in a state only in accordance with the Enclave Clause, that is, only when the land was acquired with the consent of the state in question.

Now they just do whatever they want but there was a time when our politicians respected the rule of law ie the Constitution, the document to which they swear an oath to uphold and protect.

For example, they have no authority to wage a "war on drugs".

At-least when they banned alcohol, they had enough respect for the rule of law to pass the Eighteenth Amendment.

edit on 21-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In related news, residents of Harney County, Oregon soundly rejected candidates who supported the Bundy occupation and their take over of federal land.

Harney County citizens voted decisively in this week’s primary for candidates who opposed the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

opb

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This actually isn't new because they've done several studies on this throughout the years that show the same thing, but I thought ATS should be educated about this. Far from being bad or useless as many conservatives try to propagandize people to believe, public lands can be profitable for local communities in addition to the health, recreational, resource and spiritual values these lands offer.

Hikers, Hunters, Birders on Public Lands Mean Millions for Local Communities

www.wta.org...

And why must the land be managed by the feds? Why not the state? Local controls are always shown to be more efficient than control from DC. I've not heard any conservatives saying that public lands don't bring in revenue, only authoritarians saying that conservatives don't want public lands.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I honestly doubt tea partiers are against state, national and local parks/rec areas. Honestly it is such a stretch. Even for libertarians it is not on their agenda.

Sounds like BLM lands in the stated article are ran as rec/park areas. 420k acres out of 42million acres, so 1% of land.

Not really a similar situation to the BLM debate which is the nevada wastelands and parts of Oregon.

This is more of a state park justification vs privately owned parks, privately ran parks exist and are not banned and also help the economy. so?

This is like proving a private park ran a profit thus privatize all lands.

TL
R The point being made is full of Derp.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hunters and the NRA are some of the leaders of game land and conservation

I guess every good story needs a made up villain

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I'm confident you will show some tie-in with the "Tea Party".

Hey , its the OP's post. Doesnt have to show any tie-in to bring it together at all . I mean , isnt that the way most anti-whatever threads are ?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I may end up the bad guy in this but to me this is not such a bad idea for ONE reason. This way we can bring Fed. funds and resources up to combat the est. 400,000 acres of pot grows in our public parks and wildlife areas. To me that's the greatest threat to this country today. I read stories all the time about people who go out for a hike and get killed because they stumbled into some dirt bags pot field. On top of that just one acre of pot grow damages ten acres of wildlife habitat, and kills countless animals. The border jumpers are bringing this poison over the border to keep animals from eating their plants. It was banned in the US over 100 years ago because it kills not only the animal that eats it, but it also kills what ever eats that dead animal, and eats that dead animal for at least 4 generations. That a lot of dead wildlife when you do the math. 1 deer kills 4 wolves, kills 16 bears, kills 64 mountain lions, kills 256 bobcats. It also gets into the watershed killing everything down stream for miles, and ends up in your drinking water. This toxin has already been found in the drinking water of 28 northern and western states from Ohio to California. Think about that the next time you light up to calm down after work, or take your family for a day hike.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ted Cruz Wants to Allow Selling of National Parks, Strip Government of Federal Lands

www.forwardprogressives.com...

top topics

join