It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your most powerful dream, and what you learned/ what changed as a result...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jamsession

Yours was a great post, I really loved the artwork, I can see from the written description you gave that you've had some fun in the lucid dream state. I think that's a huge aspect to our lives - creativity, beauty. If we can make it real in some medium, if we can sculpt, or paint, or compose music - we have a duty to do it, as it benefits our fellow humans. If we can't (as with myself - I can just about do some basic sketching) then at the very least we can & should be taking the time to appreciate art, in whatever form most appeals to us. I think you have admirable talent, and I'm honoured that you chose to share so much in this thread. Thanks for making it a more vibrant & colourful affair!

PS - also intrigued that you only became lucid as you passed through light sleep/ hypnogogic experience. I haven't come across that before, but personally I tend to find myself in quite a visionary condition when resting in the way you described. I tend to have clear & meaningful visions as I balance on the edge of sleep, which are valuable in terms of person encouragement, even direct guidance for practical issues at times. I hadn't thought about trying to go lucid from that daydreaming state, but will now be giving it a go!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

thank you for this great thread and the kind words. the capability of lucid dreaming is a true gift and the inspiration does not necessarily require visual arts. your use of linguistics and authoring skills makes it truly a work of literature as well.

i'm really glad i tsumbled upon this thread, it has been a wonderful experience =)

i would love to quote a line from one of my all time favorites, carl sagan's contact:

"you're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. you feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. see, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other...”

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Where to begin, where to begin.

Due to how much I have recorded for each of the experiences I'm mentioning below, I'm only going to give a couple sentences about each one as a summary. If you want the full details toss me a PM - some of these were posted on other forums.

1. Feeling Unconditional Love - I was in my younger teens, and had a very odd lucid dream. I met someone who seemed to be a combination of every person I found attractive, but it wasn't "sexual"; the closest I can even describe it is God's love. Sad part: She gave me her full name, and a phone number (yep, I wrote a number down on a piece of dream paper, and hid the paper in my dad's dream tool chest - forgot I was in a dream). She even repeated her name as if she knew I was going to forget it. I woke up crying and repeating her first name. I even checked the toolbox in the morning as I was sure the paper with the number would still be there.

I learned what it truly means to love someone.

2. Loss of my fear of dying/drowning death - One experience took place really early: I was in a big chamber that overlooked a cliff or steep mountain side. I leaned out of one of the windows and went back to the door to the chamber, which wouldn't open, turned around and water was coming into the chamber through the windows. My last thought was "ah, so this is what it's like to die", and I drowned.

*On the side, a couple years later, I went to a rock and mineral show and immediately recognized one of the crystals as being from that experience; I still have it.

Second experience took place a while later (I posted about it recently in some threads). I'm older, and somewhere out West looking back East. I hear a little girl call out "comet! comet!" and everyone looks at a huge fireball going toward the East. There was a huge explosion, and a massive heat wave came through. I was still standing, but it was excruciatingly painful to breathe - I took a last rasping breath, and fell forward. Process of dying was the easy part - I felt nothing, no pain, no heat, and left my body as easy as taking a shirt off.

Since then, I have not feared death - Doesn't mean I go out and do crazy things, but it has changed my perception.

*On the side...I'm still waiting to see if this will happen, as my dream self was older by a few years (27-29 was a best guess). So if I never go out west, then it was all a lifelike dream.

3. Proof that sometimes dreams can be psychic/premonitions - I posted about this in it's own thread: I had a former friend from highschool vanish completely after she was done. No-one knew where she was except herself (not even her mom knew). Years went by and we never heard anything from her, to the point I even gave up hope. Another year went by, and I had a dream where herself and me were talking excitedly as if we never saw each other for years. I woke up, finding it odd that I remembered the entire dream (if I remember it, it's because there's something important I'm supposed to remember). I wrote it down, and checked facebook like I do every morning...Out of nowhere, she came back (even my other friends were surprised). Her facebook was reactivated around the same time I had the dream.

-foss

<< 1   >>

join