It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Manifesto] 10 Surefire Ways To Achieve Unhappiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Personal Excellence: Be Your Best Self; Live Your Best LIfe

"As a complement to The Happiness Manifesto, here is The Unhappiness Manifesto – 10 Surefire Ways To Achieve Unhappiness."

(C) Celestine Chua

POSTER VERSION:
personalexcellence.co...

FULL ARTICLE:
personalexcellence.co...

1. Complain (harp on bad things that happen while ignoring the good stuff.)
2. Avoid your problems . . .
3. Compare with others . . .

warning . . . a popup offers a free e-book
I think her 10 things are quite a good list.
I'd qualify #10 a bit. Some things are worth attachment--and healthy thereby--e.g. God--and some things aren't.
Certainly a LOT of personal misery is achieved, accentuated, magnified by each of these items. They are worthy a review.
And, I think teaching one's children about such principles is very worthwhile.
I think that in this era, such foci have become an epidemic problem. And a lot of it is awash across our Nation and culture as a Tsunami. i.e. much of it is unconscious--an addictive habit that is perpetuated endlessly and in virtually every context and relationship--very destructively.
It can take 30-90 days to break the habit. But it is well worth it. It could even be lifesaving--particularly with the frequency of suicide in our era.
If one really wanted to get better in these areas, one could print a spreadsheet grid listing each of the items and columns for days of the week or even merely weeks of the month--though days might be more effective. Check every day or use hash marks to count the number of times a day you engaged in the dysfunctional item. Work to have a blank week. Then work to have a blank month, etc.
Cheers.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Very true,Bo
and i've only read the 3 points in the OP,will go to the article when i'm my pc.But nothing is as soul-destroyingly depressing as only focusing on whats wrong-and comparing one's circumstances to that of others.One HAS to play the hand one was dealt,and play it as well as humanly possible.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Very true,Bo
and i've only read the 3 points in the OP,will go to the article when i'm my pc.But nothing is as soul-destroyingly depressing as only focusing on whats wrong-and comparing one's circumstances to that of others.One HAS to play the hand one was dealt,and play it as well as humanly possible.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Anything less is not dealing with reality.

The ultimate end of not dealing with reality is MORE suffering.

And the logical conclusion of extreme avoidance of reality is psychosis.

Sometimes, it seems like the whole culture has become increasingly psychotic.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Sometimes, it seems like the whole culture has become increasingly psychotic.

"seems like" ? Sorry, its real, to real, and if ATS is indicative of things to come....

Glad I have a plan B as an option.

edit on 21-5-2016 by olaru12 because: dfkj%$HUUUFHN

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think you're right.

It's farrrrr tooooooooooooo real--certainly for anyone with more than a regressive liberal's worth of brain cells left.

LOLOL.

Sigh.

Good on ya for plan B.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It's farrrrr tooooooooooooo real--certainly for anyone with more than a regressive liberal's worth of brain cells left.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Trump cult.
edit on 21-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

There's an abundance of cultish stuff on all sides.

Particularly from folks who seem to think that choices and actions don't have consequences.

top topics

join