It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 Lightning II: Busting Myths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I came across this series of videos and wanted to share and get everyones opinion on the facts presented.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We in Denmark is set to buy 27 F-35(not settled yet), our F-16 are getting very old and worn, so the videos were great to get an overview of the fighter and it's capability.

Seems like a good substitute both in price and capability.

The typhoon and euro fighter is also on offer, though it seems they are more pricey.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

When i hear the word " Lightning " it brings to mind the most beautiful aircraft ever built. The English Electric Lightning.

It had near vertical take off capability which is just stunning to watch ( 4.56 )

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
alldaylong !
a reply to: alldaylong

Your post of the Lightning video gave me a flashback to the UFO I saw down here in North Carolina. It had the same shape of the wing and aileron. The differences being; the craft I saw was jet black, pointed at both ends and was stationary in the sky for about 5 minutes.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

A stunning stunning plane with awesome performance as an interceptor and also apparently one of the first to be able to supercruise.

There's one sitting on the side of the A1 in a scrapyard
edit on 22-5-2016 by Donkey09 because: adding stuff

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The videos are mostly pretty accurate. The statements are often very pro-JSF without telling the complete story. However, it's still much more accurate than the average tripe you see by the like of Bill Sweetman or David Axe. If you look in the description there's a link to another website - where most aspects have been discussed and expanded, by the author of the videos. There's also a transcript (yes I did get permission from mods to link this):

www.reddit.com...

www.reddit.com...

www.reddit.com...

As one of the comments said: "Fantastic video. Although I wouldn't call the video "busting myths", but rather "holy # look what this can do."". Here's another example from Denmarks analysis:

Mission effectiveness (the x-axis is different mission types):

Survivability (the x-axis is different mission types):

www.fmn.dk...

www.fmn.dk...

Boeing of course, has disputed the analysis, stating that the Super Hornet could actually last 9500 hours in the way Denmark uses (hence 38 Super Hornets are no longer needed, only 28) and other things. In any case, my expectation is the F-35 will begin to be praised once it really enters service and a greater level of maturity is reached (like the F-22).
edit on 23/5/16 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Good luck getting them operational and deployed to the EU!!!

top topics

join