It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love the Farmers' Market!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ive been dragging these bed frames around for a while, and I bought my new house about 5 months ago, so this his my garden:

No too much in this year, but I also take care of my 90 yr old mom with dementia, but next year I will have a huge garden!!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I always buy a big jug of honey from the farmers market. Put in my coffee and tea. Good stuff.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I always buy a big jug of honey from the farmers market. Put in my coffee and tea. Good stuff.

We always have honey too. Our son's universal symptom for everything is to cough, so we use a lot of honey to sooth his throat on top of the cooking we do with it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ponds: These are now a risk factor for Zika virus, which affects more people than just pregnant women.

Berry growers, there are bird nets you can get to protect your ripe berries.

Around May 12, 2016, we bought some California-grown red cherries ... that season this year has one more month to go. Those cherries were grown in Linden, California, which is not too far from Stockton. We use most of our cherries to make Cherry Bounce, an early American recipe:

Place pitted ripe cherries in a wide-mouth glass or ceramic container that is 2/3 filled with whiskey. Make sure the cherries are completely covered. Discard any floaters. In about 6 months, the drink will be ready to enjoy. The cherries will still taste fresh. We always open ours around New Year's day. Leftovers if any keep indefinitely. Makes a great gift.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

A new one started in my neighborhood. So good to have one close.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Me too! It's about to start here soon. It gets so crowed and fast! I save a ton of money going there. I even buy plants for my garden there and they're far cheaper than buying anywhere else and I'm contributing to local small businesses.

We have quite a few in the area but I stick to the one closest to me and we have a flea market year round but their produce prices have gotten just as expensive as the grocery store. We do have a new produce place called Perrines here and it's AMAZING! I can get double what I would get at the grocery store. They even have a section in the back of fruit and veggies that need to go asap so I can get a box of tomatoes for $2 and bam I can make sauce for days! I got a bag of bananas for 30 cents and made banana bread. They even have a nice deli and their prices are so cheap! They sell along of Amish foods made locally and I love their snack section with nuts and trail mix. The place is packed every time I go but it's worth it because the grocery store is getting so expensive!

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I always get basil and oregano there. Try to get vegetbles and fruits as well, they are super fresh, but not too cheap though. Still, it's a great place to go, treat for your eyes, to see so much of a green fresh things..yummy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join