It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all who serve in the US Armed Forces - Thank You

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
To those bitching about the thread and the US military -

Feel free to use one of the many I hate the US threads as this one is for thanking the US armed forces. Since this website is located in the US you should thank the US armed forces for guaranteeing our freedoms so you can come to this site and attempt to trash the very group responsible for your ability to do so.

edit on 24-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As is all too often the case when these threads get posted some feel the need to attempt to disrupt.

There's an old saying I relearn from an old(er) Coastie, and it goes something like this: Ignore them into oblivion.

To those who served from one who got to watch them go, and had to wait...

Thank you. May it come to pass that some day we'll out grow the need for you.

Until such a time comes, there will be young men and women who will sign that blank check upon which is written "payable on demand".

Thank you.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

...you should thank the US armed forces for guaranteeing our freedoms

It's really interesting how they simultaneously defend freedom while taking orders from the people who erode freedom...

How does that work??
edit on 24-5-2016 by CharlestonChew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlestonChew

That's why we're here, supposedly.

Who puts them, those who erode, into office? Who puts them, those who erode, into office so that these kids, and that's what most of 'em are, are ordered off to war?

Seems the answer to both those questions is the same. Us. You. Me. When we can't be bothered to make them obey, why should they?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There's an old saying I relearn from an old(er) Coastie, and it goes something like this: Ignore them into oblivion.

Sure, it's called "sticking your fingers in your ears when people have opinions you don't like."

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No I listen to the point where I don't really care about the opinion being stated.

Feel free to have it. I feel free to ignore it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Who puts them, those who erode, into office? Who puts them, those who erode, into office so that these kids, and that's what most of 'em are, are ordered off to war?

Seems the answer to both those questions is the same. Us. You. Me.

That would actually be the people dumb enough to vote for new masters.

If you aren't actively trying to subvert the government, you're not defending freedom.

When we can't be bothered to make them obey, why should they?

Government never will.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew
If you aren't actively trying to subvert the government, you're not defending freedom.

Ironic... You use the term freedom yet your very use of the word demonstrates your lack of understanding of what it is.

How bout we return to the topic and move your argument to its own thread / 1 of 100's already in place.

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Authoritarian hierarchy is freedom?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem."

– Ronald Reagan

Was that difference for the better or worse. Some of both most likely.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

its memorial day weekend thank a vet

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nihilism offers solutions?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
For the Fallen - Laurence Binyon

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them.

And Death Shall Have No Dominion--Dylan Thomas

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead man naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan't crack;
No more may gulls cry at their ears
Or waves break loud on the seashores;
Where blew a flower may a flower no more
Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
Though they be mad and dead as nails,
Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,

In many nameless places, they've given every last bit of themselves for us, for their brothers and sisters. Remembered now by a name on a cross, or a slab of stone.

Sacrificed on the alter of man's inhumanity to man. Reviled by some of you who don't know any better. Their courage should be honored, yet they're ignored by those who don't know any better. They ask little, demand less, deserve far, far more.

I lost a man whom I respected more than any other that has ever, or will ever, lived a few months back. On Christmas morning 2015 my father passed away. His proudest achievement, other then his kids, and being a loving husband, was being a soldier. He walked the walk, but never talked the talk. He left that to those who don't know any better. He smelled the smoke, he shed the blood, and to his ever lasting shame (his words, not mine) spilled it.

His deeds will remain little known because he never spoke of them, other than in his nightmares, yet he'd have willingly shouldered it again, had his country called, again. Three times it called him...three times he answered. Setting aside his life to do his duty to family, and country. To call him an unsung hero would have resulted in a dirty look, but he's mine.

He, and thousands just like him, from the Gulf Coast of Florida, the foggy panhandle of Alaska, the mountains of Montana, Colorado, and Wyoming, and a million places in between, answered when our country called. Just as young men and women from Yorkshire, Dublin, London, and thousands of places in between answer when their country called. In a hundred, or a thousand other lands, the same call has been answered by men just like my Dad. Just like my sisters. Like my freinds, they were needed and they answered.

Some would call them fools. Dupes. Evil. It's easy to condemn that which you don't understand, and are incapable of understanding.

“Uncommon valor was a common virtue.” – Chester Nimitz, March 16, 1945

He was speaking of the marines who captured a disgusting bit of volcanic rock called Iwo Jima during WWII. But the phrase is easily apropos to all the soldiers who've ever served anywhere. That's something that some of you will never understand...I don't. I never served a day in uniform, and although the vast majority of my family have, I can't claim to know. At best I see through a glass darkly.

edit on 5/30/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

thank you

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

"To all who serve in the US Armed Forces" 

I am sorry you had to.

Some of us did it so you wouldn't be forced to. That's if you're American if not get in line with the other USofA americana phobia crowd.
edit on 1-6-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That's right...never forgotten.....what a history....Hero's because they signed their name to give their life.....
air force mtn. home. Idaho

the wind don't blow in Idaho.....it sucks
edit on 1-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join