It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Gen. Boykin Fired for Free Speech

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
clearly you stand unencumbered by the thought process.......love ya though...a reply to: Kali74

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

What's incorrect about what I said?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

One thing I agree with is that the left isn't willing to listen to the right on the bathroom issue, but it goes the other way around, too... just not as much.

Check out this thread for some good arguments for using the bathroom of your birth gender.
edit on 23amMon, 23 May 2016 08:51:56 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

My personal view is that man who has put a lot of work into being a woman and identifies as a woman should be allowed to use the woman's restroom.

I think firing people for their political views is going too far. I wouldn't like it if conservatives fired people for being liberal.
edit on 23amMon, 23 May 2016 08:53:52 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You do know that military personal don't have free speech under the UCMJ right?
edit on 23-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

From You:
"should we just surrender to the NWO? Or, should we go down fighting?"

I vote this way...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Not really what the thread was about, but I agree with you ... with just one difference.

You can use the lady's room after you've made the change a permanent thing.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You do know that military personal don't have free speech under the UCMJ right?

While I agree with you in spirit (we've both served) ...

... the UCMJ does NOT trump the ever lovin' Constitution of the United States of America.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If the “LGBT community” indeed went after Boykin, its campaign was remarkably incompetent. Asked about the existence of such an effort, Hampden-Sydney spokesperson Tommy Shomo says, “There was a letter from Hampden-Sydney constituents expressing concerns over some of Gen. Boykin’s public remarks, recent and past, and questioning his association with the College.” Shomo says the letter was received in April, after the college had already decided, in March, not to renew.

It's another example of how you can frame any argument to look just the way you want it to - doesn't have to be true

He says he was fired because of what he said. The college says they were letting him go anyway. We all get to believe what we choose to believe

Boykin said in 2014 that Jews are the “cause of all the problems in the world.” During the same speech, Boykin asserted that President Obama had sent “subliminal messages” to Muslims in a speech in Cairo: “I understand you and I support you,” as Boykin characterized it.

In 2004 a Defense Department probe found he had “violated three internal regulations while delivering controversial speeches that linked the war on terrorism to what he depicted as an enduring battle against Satan,”

Maybe - just maybe - the Lt. General was let go because he was more than a tad non compos mentis around the edges. Or down to the bone. But, persecution is obviously the more interesting story for one side in this battle against the thought police

Speaking of people who are supposedly about protecting our freedoms and defending The Constitution:

“we should not view Islam as a religion that is to be protected under the First Amendment,

Here's what conservative SJWs can accomplish when they band together and whine just enough - in just the right way:

After Hampden-Sydney reactivated the contract, Boykin, an enthusiastic user of hashtags, wrote on Facebook: “The radical Left and LGBT activists completely underestimate the impact of ‪#‎freedom‬-loving ‪#‎Americans‬ banding together to protect our First Amendment freedoms.”

Congratulations - your martyr survives to whine another day

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Did people deserve to lose their jobs or be blackballed for communism back in the day?

I do get the difference

Now we need to decide whether an employer has the right to fire anybody for any reason. One of those reasons being: is this person capable of dong the job we hired them to do?

All of this is worth discussing - all of it

Life is often unfair. Or maybe it is precisely fair in the same way nature is fair - and this is how we evolve

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Congratulations - your martyr survives to whine another day

That kind'a surprised me.

Though the shoe fits well enough on the other foot ... please don't fault me for being the one whining.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
By your logic, North Korea has freedom of speech, because they can say whatever they want, they just get punished for it.

The difference between the US and North Korea is that it's unelected private corporations punishing you, rather than a government that you in theory have the power to change.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Looks like the General got his job back.

www.wnd.com... -famed-delta-force-hero/

Interesting stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join