It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rise of American authoritarianism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: madmac5150

Look at things as the opposition. And think critically... would you ever envision, as a foreign invader, a conquest of millions of gun owning folks? Probably not. THINK and quit being dullards!

You said TPTB. They aren't a foreign invader. Some may be foreign but certainly not an invading force. The rest of them also aren't an invading force and they live here with the rest of us only just out of reach so as to not get dirty hanging out with the lower class.

TPTB are small in number but hold the wealth and property of our nation. They won't attack you because they don't have the numbers for one and two they don't have to attack you like that. They simply squeeze some other section of the system to do it for them. They sue you in to debt prison. Get the local police to hunt you down. Or some other LEO agency to do it. In fact you won't even know who was behind the attack because they are all hidden behind mountains of bureaucratic legal entities so deep you'll never figure it out.

Like I said earlier. Do you even know who your enemy is??? Specifically??? Like by name and their location???

Would you like a full study of U.S,/Russian/ Chinese relations, or just a primer?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Would you like a full study of U.S,/Russian/ Chinese relations, or just a primer?

What difference does that make??? Are you talking about fighting TPTB or some other Nation's Military force????

Because they aren't one in the same. TPTB to me are the individuals who are calling the shots. The ones controlling the money and resources that fund armies, not the armies themselves. You can defend against an invading army every single day for years and years and still never know or get a shot at who's actually funding and controlling them.

TPTB to me are the people who have been engineering the wars and conflicts we've been subjected to generation after generation. The armies of dead and living men and women actually fighting them are simply the pawns in the game.

If you're talking about Guns saving you from an invading army, sure, as I said I do agree with that up to a point. But that doesn't mean crap when talking about the people who are controlling that invading army at the top.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
BTW here is the video version of the OP.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

What difference does that make??? Are you talking about fighting TPTB or some other Nation's Military force????

Because they aren't one in the same. TPTB to me are the individuals who are calling the shots. The ones controlling the money and resources that fund armies, not the armies themselves. You can defend against an invading army every single day for years and years and still never know or get a shot at who's actually funding and controlling them.

TPTB to me are the people who have been engineering the wars and conflicts we've been subjected to generation after generation. The armies of dead and living men and women actually fighting them are simply the pawns in the game.

If you're talking about Guns saving you from an invading army, sure, as I said I do agree with that up to a point. But that doesn't mean crap when talking about the people who are controlling that invading army at the top.

Both Russian and Chinese military doctrine include an invasion of Alaska and Southern California. That is FACT. That is what they intend to do, and it is coming. Debate me if you will, but in the end, we are all f***ed. Millions will die. That is a FACT. Obama set it all up quite nicely...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Both Russian and Chinese military doctrine include an invasion of Alaska and Southern California. That is FACT. That is what they intend to do, and it is coming. Debate me if you will, but in the end, we are all f***ed. Millions will die. That is a FACT. Obama set it all up quite nicely...

As far as "what difference does it make?" My oldest son is an Airman. Enough said...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

As far as "what difference does it make?" My oldest son is an Airman. Enough said...

I think we are talking about two different things to some degree.

I'm not actually disagreeing with what you're saying. I'm just talking about something else. So never mind.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I think we are talking about two different things to some degree.

I'm not actually disagreeing with what you're saying. I'm just talking about something else. So never mind.

My son is on the front lines of a fight started decades ago. Obama is just the finishing touch. Look at our current military status. Aircraft grounded. No money... BULL$HIT and I will repeat it loudly. BULL$HIT.

I hope you are familiar with BOHICA!!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

My son is on the front lines of a fight started decades ago. Obama is just the finishing touch. Look at our current military status. Aircraft grounded. No money... BULL$HIT and I will repeat it loudly. BULL$HIT.

I hope you are familiar with BOHICA!!

Like I said, I'm not arguing against what you're saying. I just thought we were talking about something different at first.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's not authorianism. It's nationalism/racism disguised as fight for freedom. If you ask the minorities, I'm sure that no one thinks that Obama is taking away their rights.

This is no surprise. Nationalistic love is the greatest love of all. I mean, even Jesus struggles to overcome it. The fight for land/right to populate your own race/nationality is always the root cause of everything.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

A bad choice you say? If let's say we asked the Native Americans/Mexicans if they want their land back, and then God if they deserve it, what do you think He would say?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Life is funny sometimes. Before I even clicked on this thread. I knew who would be posting in it, what "side" they would be taking, and what their arguments would be. It really was not difficult. If you have been paying attention to the site as a whole.

It also does not take a genius or a prophet to predict that after so much of one thing, you get push back. I would go as far as saying what we have unfolding before us today. Is not an aberration. It was not a surprise to the establishment. It is an expected outcome. Of course very few will accept that. Its hard to see the story when you are caught up in it.

Just like the "left" did not see the manipulation that got us to this point. The "right" will not see the manipulation that is going on, to get us to the next point. Everyone will just act childish and point fingers at each other. For proof, just look at nearly any thread on here. Its easy to say someone else is wrong and easily manipulated. It is hard to admit that you may also be wrong and easily manipulated.

It always surprises me, how many people like to pretend that everything happens in a vacuum. Collectively, as a society we have very short memories. A victory today for something we believe in, may lead to a victory tomorrow for something we do not. But still we open the door. Not caring what comes in after.

I could go on and on. I could write about authoritarianism on both sides. Since they are two sides of the same coin. I can write about how Trump is just as much a fantasy and illusion as Obama was. But in the end it won't matter. The majority on here would not change their minds, one way or the other. Everyone is dug in and waiting for the spark. A spark that may not come.

The biggest irony of all. Everyone on here. All these threads. All the bickering. All the speculation. All the genius. Is the minority. The majority will only care if one side is led by The Kardashians and the other by the people from Duck Dynasty. We fight for no reason.

The only allies we have. We destroy in the name of being right. In the name of PRIDE.

But that is enough from me.

I have to go backs to farting around and living in interesting times.

edit on 22-5-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: theantediluvian

Go Trump! The rise of authoritarianism in America is based more on Leftist groups which support groups of people of very small count, yet outmatch the majority in power.

I agree and you hit the nail on the head. A lot of these pro authoritarians say "I was voting for so and so party but not anymore." Or I used to be this but not anymore." Or in this case, "I come from a conservative family." These are all crafted for the low information voter.

This OP is the same old psychobabble repackaged. Authoritarianism defines Obama and the left and the RINO's that permeate the halls of Washington are impotent to stop any of it or worse a silent partner to it. When comparing Trump to authoritarianism what they really mean is "I am intellectually lazy or I am a leftist authoritarian troll deflecting for my party." I think someone did that back in the 1930's and they did it well.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

And you are completely correct.

To me, the greatest revenge and push back would be to dismantle. What has been built is a mechanism that can compel, a mechanism that enables authoritarianism. What we have are those who do not promise to tear it down, but promise to run it "smarter" which means they LIKE the power and are merely promising it won't come after you, but it might punish your "enemies" and that keeps us divided.

But then the predictable voices don't like the idea of dismantling.

Apparently, we'll all die tomorrow if the power apparatus is broken to where we have to assume some responsibility for ourselves.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This country has avoided invasion for two centuries for ONE reason... private gun ownership.

Admiral Yamamato was quoted as saying that an invasion of the U.S. was impractical because "we had a gun behind every blade of grass". More or less... I can't remember the exact quote...

Nonsense.

The US avoided invasion because of its geographic location. It's enemies were across thousands of miles of ocean; even in 1812 when the British took Washington and burned down the White House, the best troops and commanders were fighting Napoleon in the Peninsular War.

Given the amount of preparation and coordination it took to get troops onto the Normandy beaches - from the denial of the Romanian oilfields to the long range fighter support necessary for Allied strategic bombing to start taking an effect and all points in between - do you honestly think the Japanese could invade the US from Midway?

...and that's ignoring the main Japanese strategic aim: to control the Western and South Western Pacific areas while everyone else slugged it out elsewhere.

So, in short, the Japanese didn't invade the US because they didn't intend to and couldn't even if they wanted to.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: theantediluvian

Authoritarians dictate what will be permitted, so debate in those instances, such as it exists, is only allowed inasmuch as they allow it and only over the range of topics that they permit. An example of authoritarianism stifling debate is the instant impulse to paint any and all opposing arguments as "racist," "sexist," "homphobic," "Islamophobic," "motivated by right-wing religious whack-job mentality," etc., no matter what those arguments happen to be.

It is the instant equivalent of telling your opponent, "I have no idea what you just said, and I don't care. You're wrong. I'm right. I don't have to listen. *sticking fingers in ears and chanting LA-LA-LA-LA-LA at top of lungs*"

You're confusing authoritarianism with people disagreeing with you.

You have the freedom to express your ideas. They have the freedom to react. You do not have the right to be respected or even taken seriously for your opinions. It works every which way, left-right, up-down, old-new.

Authoritarianism is when someone burns down your house for expressing your opinion.

As long as you can express your opinion, like you do here, all is well, even if people do disagree with you.

If you can't get your head around that idea, man up and take the disagreement anyway.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Trump wanting to sue journalists or news organizations for saying mean stuff about him could be considered Authoritarianism enforcing "Political Correctness".

We've got another Nixon heading our way - complete with enemy lists already to go

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Tell that to people who get fired for expressing their opinions. Look up Brendan Eich. He wasn't even an employee of the company who fired him for an opinion he expressed prior to working for them, and he was still fired and punished for it.

Authoritarianism is very real.

Look at the current situation with the government. They can tax all of us to provide money for education, but then, if the educational apparatus isn't run exactly as they like, they can withhold that money all of us are forced to pay in for it. It damages all of our children when this happens and their education, but forcing schools to open locker rooms to anyone of any gender is more important than whether or not kids can read, write or do math.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Like I said, it cuts both ways. For every anecdote from the right, there will be an anecdote from the left.

What's more, private business owners are free to do whatever they please within the law. They do not owe their employees a living. Maybe you're in favour of even more government telling people how to run their businesses?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Barry Sotero, AKA "Barack Obama" is the MOST extreme authoritarian President that this country has EVER had. He has far outdone FDR in respect to social engineering... which is saying something. I would not be at all surprised if he suspends the next election, and declares martial law.

He has us on the brink of WWIII, but, he won a Nobel Peace Prize...

Countries just use proxies now and throw their middle finger at each other with their military. North Korea won't even attack South Korea and they are the proxies. No nuke armed country would assure their destruction by attacking another over oil fields. But they will draw lines and spend others blood via proxy to get what they can. Nobody wants to share. That's what world you live in. Fully grown, highly intelligent children. Mine mine mine. My way my way my way. But they aren't suicidal, but they are tactical. People have been saying Marshal law and FEMA camps since Bush's first term... so I can't believe you believe that. Anything's possible though >

edit on 22/5/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Slayer nailed it perfectly..

With our callous minds we infect Other ways of life no regrets Like a masochist we instigate While the rest of the world must tolerate
Americon Americon
It's all about the mother#in' oil Regardless of the flag upon its soil In a blood bath we pad our #in' greed The price is high to maintain liberty
Americon Americon
So here we live in a land of deceit That imprisons the mind of the weak No immunity for swaying the odds From this resistant strain
Americon Americon
Some feel the need to play God No immunity for swaying the odds From this resilient plague
Americon
With our poisoned minds we infest Other ways of life we ingest In a blood bath we steal you dignity The price is high to maintain liberty

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join