It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Snow Across Northern Hemisphere and it's Almost Summer | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You are over reacting. It's called the earths natural cycles.
Right now here in parts of Australia we are being drenched in rain, at the end of May. Normal really. But up until a week or so ago the temperature was still relatively warm for this time of year. It was like summer was still trying to hold on with it last rays of sunshine and warmth. But as of this week the cold weather has well and truly arrived.

Am I worried? No.
Should you be worried? No, not unless you get snowed in with no food.

I remember as a child severe thunderstorms in summer where the sky was literally black in every direction.
I remember a mini cyclone that came through(we don't get cyclones here), I remember it because I was in the car with my parents and all of a sudden from normal rain it became that intense and heavy you couldn't see the bonnet of the car. Have we had another one since in nearly 30 years? Nope.
I remember a few years ago people were complaining we didn't get a summer because we had no heatwaves.
A few years later we had a record heatwave of over two weeks above 40celcius. I remember that one well because I was working outdoors during it.
Since we've had regular summers, hot and dry.
This summer was a bit hotter because of the El Niño cycle.

My point is the earth has cycles.
Greedy sobs who want to make money off you from 100 year old+ technology don't decide when the earths cycles start and finish. Mother Nature does.

a reply to: Bobaganoosh

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: woogleukWeird Woogle, weird? How old are you? That what you just described is typical British weather. We are renowned throughout the world for our weird weather.
If you want weird iIve stood on one side of the road dry and the other side of the road raining. Now that's weird.

I'm 36, and live in one of the craziest places for weird weather....and I'm telling you this past few years has been barmy...even for the UK.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

No...This is not a natural cycle. People a lot smarter than you actually study this and have concluded that AGW is real and not a normal cycle.

But go ahead and pretend your limited and anecdotal experience with the world's climate is enough to conclude this is just a 'cycle'. Ignorance is trendy and comforting lies are more popular than inconvenient facts.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It might be interesting when the data for May is compiled but April sure didn't seem to be very impressive in the way of heavy snow.

climate.rutgers.edu...

and yet it's 40.9 centigrade, or 105.6 Fahrenheit in Sydney, Australia....www.telegraph.co.uk... eratures-rise-on-Fryday.html...
and 113 Fahrenheit in Adelaide, Australia, on may 31st,2016....www.telegraph.co.uk... ml

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Mini Ice Age? Coulda fooled me. Here in Central FLorida, last summer was the wettest on record. I read in winter last year was the hottest on record (like everywhere). I know for a fact "Fall" was... as Fall never even happened (I'mbeing dead serious here)! There wasn't a single cold front for some 8 or more months leading straight into New Years (not one!). It was 99 degrees on Dec. 29th! Hot and dry scorcher of a Fall... Hot and dry year so far (okay, it was cold in Jan.). I mean HOT. So hot and extreme swings in climate, another year of this I'll have to go on the record recanting my years of counter Global Warming alarmism... Of course it was El Nino last year. argh! La Nina is supposed to mean an extra cold year tho,no?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

La Nina is supposed to mean an extra cold year tho,no?

Not necessarily.
The previous strong La Nina event was in 2011. Not a particularly cold year.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yea, it did nothing for us in Texas. Texas and New Mexico were in flames that year, I remember it raining soot on us for weeks at a time. Dust and ash. That was a terrible time.

I also remember being thankful for no rain. I think at that time I was concerned about Fuku-fallout.

So, yea I can relate to IgnoranceIsntBliss' present situation. It sucks severely.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I do wish he would work on the title of his videos. It adds a certain alarmism that turns people away from even looking at the information he is presenting. But he did start with that title, and just continues to run with it in the series.

For your sake, I hope something happens to cool you guys down a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join