It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland schools ban textbooks that question climate change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

That modification isn't " the scientist are all paid shills part of a grand conspiracy". Well unless you all can apply that very same method you want to quote to it and show the evidence to explain it.

Just saying I don't trust them is not science.

Yeah well politicians are paid SHILLS.

Climate change at it's basic level is OPINION with cherry picked INCOMPLETE data to 'support' it.

The NAZI's were famous for it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Climate change at it's basic level is OPINION with cherry picked INCOMPLETE data to 'support' it.

No.
The physics of radioactive forcing, the basis of AGW, is not opinion.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wardaddy454

See Carbon credits & Carbon Taxes. You will pay for it whether through taxation or at the cash register.
No carbon taxes, no carbon credits either. But I won't mind paying a bit to clean things up. There are worse things to spend money on.

You must not get out very much?
Oh, I get out a lot. I see things changing. Higher tides, things like that.

Oh, you don't recall Obama talking about the need for Cap & Trade?
Would you mind if it wasn't working?

I see things changing. Higher tides, things like that.

Hah. Saw what you did there.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A political solution to a supposed scientific problem.

And they call us "deniers".

ha

To save the planet!

We must create a totalitarian state that controls the air,land, and water.

And create new powers.and more taxes,regulation to 'save' the planet!!!

And act like over 50 years of climate legislation DOESN'T exist.

Denial is right.
edit on 20-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Real science should be taught in class
a reply to: Abysha

the kind of science that changes dailey and some how coincides with whatever the new trend is, yeah i would be proud of that too

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Why are you talking about politicians when I am talking about the scientist?
It is almost like you are purposefully clouding the issue..

I know you think THINK it is opinion and cherry picked data, that doesn't make it true tho.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

No.
The physics of radioactive forcing, the basis of AGW, is not opinion.

Oh yeah there is physics at play here, but not in the way your thinking.

For every action there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction.

Figured the so called 'scientist's would see that there would be resistance to their snip.
edit on 20-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes. It's been talked about. It has not been implimented. But you know, a similar program seemed to work pretty well for something else. Are you old enough to remember acid rain?

Hah. Saw what you did there.
You mean stating my observations? How clever of you.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why are you talking about politicians when I am talking about the scientist?

Because the POLITICO's are running their mouths about climate change.

Last time I checked politicians are politicians. LAWYERS most of the time.

And LAW has nothing to do with SCIENCE.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

For every action there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction.

Figured the so called 'scientist's would see that they would be resistance to their snip.

Newton's third law is about motion. It doesn't really have much to do with radiative forcing.

I have no idea what that second sentence means.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Because the POLITICO's are running their mouths about climate change.

Sure they are, both sides of the coin have their politicians talking about this, weird you are only complaining about one side...

But the scientist world wide disagree with the side that wants to deny that man has anything to do with it. And before you get your panties in a bunch, I am not claiming that 97% of all scientist agree, so save your energy going down that road.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Obviously missed the point.

Fine lets talk about motion.

Like the third rock from the sun. The planet earth that has been in a constant state of motion since the beginning.

The weather changes. That IS WHAT IT DOES.

Always has. Always will.

Continual destruction, and renewal.

That is what Climate change really is.

Then comes along some MORONS and use to push political agendas to take more power, and control, and create taxes.

Once they are gone. The Earth will continue doing the SAME thing it has been doing for EONS.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This pains me to say, but yes Neo, you are right. The planet does change, just like water is wet.
Now the rate is the issue, no one is going to deny that change of climate is not a natural thing but when we see it happening as fast as it is now, that can't be said.

Which I am sure you are going to come back with a bunch of sentences with random words capitalized about liars and politicians but how about you use what you posted earlier and show something that uses the scientific method to show that isn't happening? Or is that standard only to be used by one side.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yes. It's been talked about. It has not been implimented. But you know, a similar program seemed to work pretty well for something else. Are you old enough to remember acid rain?

Yeah you're right, But then that was a time of more level headedness.

You mean stating my observations? How clever of you.

Dawww don't be so modest!
edit on 20-5-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Now the rate is the issue, no one is going to deny that change of climate is not a natural thing but when we see it happening as fast as it is now, that can't be said.

'Modern science' hasn't been around for 5 billion plus years.

Those models are only as good as the data that has been put in to them.

Much like voting machines any outcome can be 'guaranteed'.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

'Modern science' hasn't been around for 5 billion plus years.

Those models are only as good as the data that has been put in to them.

Much like voting machines any outcome can be 'guaranteed'.

Just wait, You're gonna here about core samples next.

Because they are accurate to about a decade /s.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

IMO, institutionalized indoctrination via the removal of textbooks from schools is already underway in other parts of the world.

My daughter goes to a private high school that no longer has text books, she is required to have an ipad and iTunes voucher(s), an Apple ID and download a special app for her online activities - all learning aids are now downloadable ebooks. The only actual writing she does is for aspects of her science class.

So, we are already at the mercy of what the private school boards deem suitable and this thread has encouraged me to delved a little deeper into her science syllabus and see how the subject is presented.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am old enough to remember "acid rain." And I live in the Rust Belt where our rain/snow have a documented low ph.

That's apples and oranges to the political hijinx of the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) and its "founding"' Board members (all from the Windy City). The CCX, as presented by (drum roll!) Al Gore, Hillary and Bill Clinton, the Emmanuel family, Davod Axelrod, and a newly elected member of the Illinois Senate (w/big politcal aspirations) Barack Obama (among other ChiTown movers and shakers). The idea was so simple, sell carbon credits, trade carbon credits, make BIG money. Kinda like mid evil indulgences sold by the Church.

Fast forward about 15 years. Obama et al has the White House. LightSquare, Solyndra were boondoggles of inefficiency and waste (w/companies owned by Dem donors) were are rewarded w/government green dollars. Yet clean coal (and it really is a product--with real technology) is DESTROYED (whilst the green industry of LS and Solyndra become epic fails). Throw in many government grants to many Universities and you arrive at the drivel of "settled science" and "deniers." Question ANY theory or the very public history of "Global Cooling/Warming/Climate change and you are out. Agree, however blindly, and you are in.

Always follow the money.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Continual destruction, and renewal.

That is what Climate change really is.
And human misery has come and gone because of it.

But because climates have changed without human interference before it doesn't not mean human interference is not the main cause for it now.

Then comes along some MORONS and use to push political agendas to take more power, and control, and create taxes.
Yeah, well there are some morons in the world and they aren't limited to those in politics. But the science is the science. In any case, as I said, I don't mind paying a bit.

Once they are gone. The Earth will continue doing the SAME thing it has been doing for EONS.
Or maybe it can get back to doing what it did before we started screwing around with it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Since there exists obvious contention and debate regarding Climate Change among the public...and the OP is talking of a PUBLIC school system...What is wrong with allowing BOTH sides of the argument to be presented to students EQUALLY within the textbooks...So that they may come to their own conclusions?

Doesn't this seem fair to all sides?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join