It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Pyramid City Discovered Near Cuba

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: JackMaryAnn
a reply to: onequestion

Landbridge that could have collapsed in the past just to be linked yet again?

At more than 2,000 feet? Probably not. The end of the last glacial period raised sea levels about 300 feet.

Well they did find Ancient Camp Site ( Settlements ) remains in the English Channel

DNA recovered from underwater British site may rewrite history of farming in Europe

By Michael BalterFeb. 26, 2015 , 2:15 PM

Hunter-gatherers may have brought agricultural products to the British Isles by trading wheat and other grains with early farmers from the European mainland. That’s the intriguing conclusion of a new study of ancient DNA from a now submerged hunter-gatherer camp off the British coast. If true, the find suggests that wheat made its way to the far edge of Western Europe 2000 years before farming was thought to have taken hold in Britain. The work confronts archaeologists “with the challenge of fitting this into our worldview,” says Dorian Fuller, an archaeobotanist at University College London who was not involved in the work. For decades, archaeologists had thought that incoming farmers from the Middle East moved into Europe beginning about 10,500 years ago and replaced or transformed hunter-gatherer populations as they moved west, not reaching Britain until about 6000 years ago. But that worldview had already undergone some modifications. Recent discoveries, for example, have shown some incoming farmers coexisted with the hunter-gatherers already living in Europe rather than quickly replacing them

www.sciencemag.org...

Stone Age Settlement Found Under English Channel
By Heather Whipps | August 9, 2007 05:32am ET
www.livescience.com...

'Britain's Atlantis' found at bottom of North sea - a huge undersea world swallowed by the sea in 6500BC

Divers have found traces of ancient land swallowed by waves 8500 years ago
Doggerland once stretched from Scotland to Denmark
Rivers seen underwater by seismic scans
Britain was not an island - and area under North Sea was roamed by mammoths and other giant animals
Described as the 'real heartland' of Europe
Had population of tens of thousands - but devastated by sea level rises
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Doggerland
en.wikipedia.org...

So if this happened from the Old World Recent Discoveries

why not the New World too..

The alleged "site" off of Cuba is 2000 feet deep. The English Channel is an average of 390 ft deep with its shallowest spots being approximately 85 ft and a max depth of 590 feet. There isn't anything remotely resembling a reasonable analogue between the 2 sites.

Recorded Written History only has been around for like 8,000+ years
yet MODERN Man ( as what we are NOW ) has been on this Planet for about 250,000+ years
or if you go for a recent discovery date 400,000 years!
so thats a large percentage of History Lost!

Perhaps you should go back and read up on Sima de los Huesos. In Anthropology we refer to every member of the genus Homo as human. In the case with this site, the people who's remains ended up in the 'Pit of Bones' some 430 KA were not Homo Sapiens. They were an Archaic Neanderthal. That is, they exhibit morphological traits that bare the hallmarks of both early Neanderthal and late Heidelbergensis as they were in a transitional phase as HH was evolving into HN.

I wouldn't put it pass me if there would be some Structures
even though 2,000 feet ?

The area around CUBA could of been like like Doggerland in a sense

seeing that from Cuba to the American Mainland ( Florida ) is like 90+ Miles..

Sure, except for the fact that at 2000 feet deep, that area was never dry land during the LGM and the distance to Florisa is entirely irrelevant.

edit on 28-5-2016 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Look your argument would be sound but it misses one vital point, the stability of the region, earth quake's and crustal rebound and depression as well as continental tilting action which is likely but admittedly not proven.

Now just as the crust in area's of high glaciation is still rebounding today that huge increase in the volume of the ocean at the end of the ice age must also have had an effect on crustal pressure due to the huge increase in the weight of the ocean's, now yes that would be spread evenly over the whole ocean (higher pressure in deeper water of course) but then you have to take into account crustal thickness and the simply truth of the matter is that the Atlantic crust is young and thin, this mean's that it is more susceptible to this effect than for example the much older and much thicker crust of the ancient pacific ocean bed (in the stable area's not the so called dragon sea the ring of fire or other new expansion zones which are just like the mid atlantic rift)
en.wikipedia.org...

Remember that the Atlantic is supposedly only about 180 million years at the very most in age were the pacific is billion's of years old according to the predominat view of the scientific community.

Then you have earth quakes, regional crustal settling and displacement as well.

Given that it is not therefore implausible that the site may be much younger and the current depth may be due to more than simply post glacial sea rise, of course the opposite is true in northern europe were the land is rising, not by as much (yet) but over a very large area at differential rate's, norway is rising faster than the north of scotland for example (southern england is actually sinking like the other end of a child's see-saw, the mediterean is actually sinking or getting deeper in part due to the pressure of the mediteranean sea itself (some think this is also indicitative of a younger age for that sea as well and there is the hole isthmus of gibralter idea and the folk legend's of the greek's with there clashing rock's (collapsing isthmus) sylla (the vicious current) and caribdis (the whirlpool that devoured ship's) though this may also be a folk memory of the black sea flood which were incorporated into there legend's.

The ultimate truth is that we are all grasping at straw's though I believe firmly it is a ruin and as wolfenze pointed out that the balance of the proof is on the side of that as a credible interpretation of the available data and to answer the idiot comment suggesting intellectual bankruptcy, well all that I feel like saying is that there is no point arguing with someone that will not use reason so I will leave it there, I am not here to argue but to state the fact's as I know them and to posite my own belief which it so happen's is not in isolation.

No in that vain and not directed at you but collectively at the nay sayers.

You know how many innocent people have died because of argument's, that did not make those arguement's correct and they were most certainly not scientific so let's be fair it is about public opinion that you nay sayers are collectively arguing, not about the fact's and you are merely here to muddy the water's and deny the available data, if your fact's are provable then provide data, prove that there has not been subduction in the region, here is some interesting data that may suggest there HAS been.

Now bare in mind that these do not take into account the other factor's and that there is also the continental tilt theory, the plates as you know are like raft's that float on top of the magma (ok the magma is only viscous fluid but as the density of steel under that pressure but you get the general drift of the argument) and the older pacific place has potential thicker regions including failed continent's and proto continent's that never formed or sank back after becoming becalmed in the early earth's geological activity and that the south american plate may be riding over the remain's of a proto continent while it's easter seaboard is by contrast bordered by the much thinner atlantic crust.

www.researchgate.net... northwestern_Venezuela_paper_96JB03174
www.geocases1.co.uk...
caribbeantectonics.weebly.com...

Indeed it is not only possible but factual that the entire continental shelf of both the America's and Africa/Europe was indeed once dry land at a much higher altitude so what our argument is about is the time line of rising and falling, how the geomorphological process can affect that and what affect the glacial and post glacial sea level's also had on it as well as there affect on subcrustal magmatic displacement and regional crustal pressure differential's.

And what the implication's for a site such as this may be, it actually could be much, much younger even than the current estimate's if Zelitsky's own idea of a massive land slide could be proven though I see no evidence to directly back that up though landslide's do indeed happen just as often under water as above it and indeed our nation's may be devestated by one in the near future.

The canary island's have been tilted so that it is essentially only geological friction which is holding a massive area of rock from simply sliding into the atlantic, if and WHEN it does it will cause a tsunami that will devestate the coast of many nation's, utterly devestate Ireland and Britain if the estimates are correct and wipe out the US eastern seaboard city's?.
www.lapalma-tsunami.com...

Not quite the same but of course if it stayed intact anyone looking at the sunken ruin's that will remain on it would wonder how they got down into the depth's of the ocean if they looked at it in the future with no knowledge of the event?.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

how can you be so sure that Cuba inst involved in a cover up ?

Seriously? And you say others are grasping at straws... Smh.

your joking right ?

Everyone is Grasping at straws in this Thread ...

There is No Evidence what is Down there
of being a City or Some Kind Of Structure
besides what Advanced Digital Communications
provided ..
and Nothing to Disprove that it Not a Artificial Structure
Nor a unusual Rock Formation..

as NO One is Talking about it ..
just went under the Radar !!!
and Kept Hush Hush

got me Curious ...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Wolfenz

What we’re seeing on film now are images of foundation ruins, rubble sections of building walls, and ruins of large public edifices. Some of what remains standing clearly show evidence of intelligent structure - post and lintel construction, parallel wall sections, and right angles - things that could not be explained as having been natural in origin.

1) Not film
2) What they are seeing are compression artifacts exaggerated by zooming.

At the moment, we’re working to assemble and fund a very small reconnaissance team of experienced divers, underwater cameramen, and researchers to go down and prove what we are certain is there.
Six years ago.

1) not film ( actually Video ) robot Submersible
2) Compression artifact is something compressed and losses its gloss
well dam it on you tube of course it going to have Compression Artifacts

Yeah that what I mean 6 years ago of Silence ..

At Least the Could said we were Wrong just only Usual Rock Formations
if they DID went ..

but just maybe they the didn't go at all.. for some apparent reason Phage ..

some sites said they Over Spent the partial funding , or Cuba refused them permission, completely
or refused them permission to use certain Sonar Equipment and Submersibles.. that is so far these claim are as the Reason why ..

or they
but I doubt the original Source tho.. but yeah not much of detail
but the Shapes are particular form the One I have seen .. the One that were released ADC team

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You are confused. No submersible was involved with Jes Alexander's find (which you linked). That was based on Google Earth imagery. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Look your argument would be sound but it misses one vital point, the stability of the region, earth quake's and crustal

Would you like to substantiate your claim that Cuba is geologically unstable, the last earthquake they had was in 1992. It was pretty harmless, 40 people were injured, since then nothing
en.wikipedia.org...

So I think its quite apparent that you are making it up because you don't have any other evidence...Quelle Surprise

Everyone is Grasping at straws in this Thread ...

Wow psychological projection too, this thread has it all
edit on 28-5-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Laughable, all you have left is semantics and you're not even very good at that game

Seriously, the Cubans and the Americans working together to hide something that would bring in billions of revenue for Cuba

The burden of proof is on you, you have ignored all the evidence to the contrary, so I'm going to have to ask you to put up or shut up

Now do you have any evidence at all for a sunken city in Cuba, pictures of buildings, evidence of the existence of a
culture that built it, examples of trade goods in other cultures ?

I already know you don't have any of that, which basically means that you are claiming a city on a misread side scan sonar, which even the original claimant has given up on...
Which if you think about it, is completely hilarious...

The burden of proof is on you, you have ignored all the evidence to the contrary, so I'm going to have to ask you to put up or shut up

You have not Showed one Shred of Proof to back your self up as you said Evidence !
what Evidence may i ask , It just a natural unusual rock formation ..

I havent found that conclusion yet ! Have you ??? if SO..

PROVIDED it ! let see it!! Show me a Link ..

you are not going to ask me anything !
put up or shut up ? kinda of Childish
sounds like your running out of Steam .. LOL

good at a game , I didn't think i was playing a game !

if you want we can play a game .. called finding what the Truth is

You think I assume its a Sunken City ... It would be Nice if it is
but im skeptical as any other ...

Now do you have any evidence at all for a sunken city in Cuba, pictures of buildings,

only what i brought out on this Thread did you not look at the Links !!
sorry I know what you'll say i don't have the time BS routine

for Video and Pics yeah i did in the links

evidence of the existence of a culture that built it, examples of trade goods in other cultures ?

well... not so so much of evidence but a good guess... thinking ...
yeah some ones that built the Pyramids of the Sun & Moon which to me looks like a Sumerian
Zigguarts Design's as both had Temples on top of them at one time ..
and both have similar Stairways to the top ! and close to the same outer casing design ..

more Likely it was a Trade Route and Port..

I already know you don't have any of that, which basically means that you are claiming a city on a misread side scan sonar, which even the original claimant has given up on... Which if you think about it, is completely hilarious...

on a Misread side sonar scans ? LOL ok .. that is your assumption. Marduk..

if not show me a link !! PLEASE!! telling that is so !!

the original claimant did not give up ..., it just faded away..

provide where the said they gave up! .. Again Assumption from yourselft

what does not not mean anything to me , it a matter of Opinion .. of all this Guess Work
and bottom line it is just that !! of what happened..

as for me claiming there is a city ... LOL...

no it a curiosity, a Research Team ( Ship wreak surveying ) Claims and provided their proof Videos and Sonar Scans.
of odd shapes in geometry form to experts from a few university's and a ( Cuban ) museum
seeing something unusual in the scans ... and nothing comes of it ??
you may want to check those professors and Oceanographer experts that seen that sonar scan and videos!
in those links that I have provided !

edit on 62016SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago5148 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
do you have any evidence at all for a sunken city in Cuba, pictures of buildings, evidence of the existence of a

I already know you don't have any of that, which basically means that you are claiming a city on a misread side scan sonar, which even the original claimant has given up on...

Yeah I'm repeating myself and I will go on repeating myself just for you until you provide some evidence for your claims

You claimed that there is a lost city down there, so the burden of proof is on you.. Do you understand the burden of proof, if not let me know and I'll sound it out for you in five year old speak

Prove it or STFU

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ok let look at sonar images

a different pic of the Sonar Scan

click on it

a Side Scan

Well Well!!

here is a video on Iturralde Vinent's youtube channel
The Director of the Cuban Museum ...
www.youtube.com...

it was Posted on 2012 ...

Uploaded on Jan 10, 2012 I just want to make a brief comment on the alleged discovery of Atlantida in Cuba. If someone look carefully to my photogram, will found that Atlantida is only mentioned in the title, just because there are others videos in youtube which display fake "photographs" of a city with pyramids and other Mayan style construction in the Cuban sea bottom.
My point is to drive people´s attention to the real images of what we actually found in western Cuba. In the photogram there is not further reference to Atlantida,

and the last image just answer the question to say that we have no scientific evidence of an underwater city.

What we actually found?

Unusual images of submarine structures in the side scan sonar record. I examined offshore side scan sonar images of the US, Puerto Rico and Virgin island but found nothing similar. Also we found some rocks (megaliths) polished by the underwater current, whose composition I can not identify, although some people incorrectly claim they are granite. Is true that some of these blocks, of about 1 cubic meter size, have the pyramid, cubic and similar shapes, and sometimes can be aligned in a row. Are these ancient walls? We do not know. Is true that within the submarine structures and from the sea sandy bottom we have recovered fragments of volcanic ash, and rounded pebbles of vulcanoclastic sandstones and calcirudite. What do these findings imply? Nothing but a puzzle, because there is not a systematic sampling, so we do not know if these are random findings or represent the activity of ancient volcanoes (the ash) and submarine flows (the pebbles). But they mean nothing until we identify the ash composition (probably basaltic) and its age. The most intriguing and shocking finding, indeed, is a square plate of grey color, about 1 cm thick, and about 12 inches side, protruding from a rocky wall, in one scarp, at several hundred meters deep. Unfortunately, the element was not sampled, but excellent images are available in video which I will post in the future. But now I have not idea what it is this "grey plate" or how it found it way to its present location. But the true is that this element do not look like something "natural". Its nature remains unsolved. These are the facts. The question of what are these features at the sea depths remains open, and will require further investigations, very expensive because of the water depth and the equipment required. We can argue on its origin in one or other direction, but this mystery can only be resolved by an appropriate research.

There you go Marduk .. LOL

edit on 02016SundayfAmerica/Chicago5149 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
do you have any evidence at all for a sunken city in Cuba, pictures of buildings, evidence of the existence of a

Yeah I'm repeating myself and I will go on repeating myself just for you until you provide some evidence for your claims

You claimed that there is a lost city down there, so the burden of proof is on you.. Do you understand the burden of proof, if not let me know and I'll sound it out for you in five year old speak

Prove it or STFU

you STFU ..
you provide there isnt ! LOL

I dont have to do jack !

link me !
believe what you want to to believe

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
On IturraldeVinent youtube channel

Submarine structures offshore western Cuba 1

Published on Jun 9, 2012 This one is the first of several videos to come, showing the real structures discovered between 500 and 900 meters deep offshore western Cuba, a place dubbed MEGA by Paulina Zelintsky. It was discovered while doing running side scan sonar in the area. It has been interpreted as a submarine city, Atlantida, but this is an misinterpretation of the facts. More reserach will be needed before reaching scientific conclusions.

It has been interpreted as a submarine city, Atlantida, but this is an misinterpretation of the facts

what i gather is ....
He is Referring what it was Claimed by " wild " conspiracy theories of a Ancient Submarine City and its being called Atlantis ... he not saying it not a possibility of some kind of Structures

interesting

he said this in 2012 and still nothing has been said what is there ( if anything )
nor if anyone has gone there !

it also interesting that in this video that there are not man made structures in this video

then he says this : in the video :

but say nevertheless they are very interesting and unusual submarine images which
represent man made structures and will be display in another film to come.

unfortunately those more interesting images have been misinterpreted and mistified

about Manuel Iturralde-Vinent

List of scientific publications by Manuel Iturralde-Vinent
en.wikipedia.org...

Manuel Iturralde-Vinent
en.wikipedia.org...

¿Atlantida? Submarine structures offshore western Cuba 2
www.youtube.com...

he claims what down is the so called city can be found on the shore of cuba
ancient terraces.. the cubes formations ..
interesting about the mystery of metallic looking plate tho
that he cant even understand ...

but what i seen is a pyramid like shape on top of a cube like structure well worn ..
at the beginning of this video..

like that so called Image that conspiracy sites have a 3d representation
at the very front, that cone pyramid on top of a cube block ..
kinda sorta like in the video that Manuel Iturralde-Vinent provided..

I guess the mystery need to have a full examination

not just Zoom up videos and Pics like Phage has said!!
pull back on the Water Rover!! i want to see the full view!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Look your argument would be sound but it misses one vital point, the stability of the region, earth quake's and crustal rebound and depression as well as continental tilting action which is likely but admittedly not proven.

Why is it likely? What magnitude earth quake do you believe necessary to cause such a catastrophic upheaval and what led you to that conclusion? What sources indicate that this region is so unstable that events like this have occurred? Are you aware that it is the South East of the island of Cuba that is the area most prone to tectonic activity and much less so on the Western end of Cuba?

Now just as the crust in area's of high glaciation is still rebounding today that huge increase in the volume of the ocean at the end of the ice age must also have had an effect on crustal pressure due to the huge increase in the weight of the ocean's, now yes that would be spread evenly over the whole ocean (higher pressure in deeper water of course) but then you have to take into account crustal thickness and the simply truth of the matter is that the Atlantic crust is young and thin, this mean's that it is more susceptible to this effect than for example the much older and much thicker crust of the ancient pacific ocean bed (in the stable area's not the so called dragon sea the ring of fire or other new expansion zones which are just like the mid atlantic rift)
en.wikipedia.org...

You're failing to take into account that oceanic lithosphere( tectonic plates, crust and upper part of the mantle) while thinner than continental Lithosphere, is more dense. Do you have a citation supporting your statements relating to the thickness of Atlantic Lithosphere vs. that of the Pacific? The oldest areas are 170 Ma(+/-) which places the time frame within the Jurassic for both the Pacific and Atlantic. If you have a citation that says differently, please link it here so I can update my notes. The oldest parts of the Atlantic Lithosphere are off the coast of N.America and off the coast of Africa and in the Pacific, off the coast of Japan and worldwide, oceanic Lithosphere, on average, is 6-7 Km thick whereas continental Lithosphere is upwards of 40 Km thick. One other thought relating to your assertions on this is that while the Lithosphere is more dense here, the Ocean is LESS dense in the Caribbean because it is considerably warmer than it is in northern latitudes that are demonstrating isostatic rebound so the excess water isn't pushing the Lithosphere down as you seem to believe.

Remember that the Atlantic is supposedly only about 180 million years at the very most in age were the pacific is billion's of years old according to the predominat view of the scientific community.

This is not true. Only Continental Lithosphere is in the range of Billions of years. All Oceanic Lithosphere is dated to the Jurassic.

Then you have earth quakes, regional crustal settling and displacement as well.

Can you support this with any data or is this a case where I should just trust you because this is the most logical conclusion to you? Certainly subduction is an ongoing process as demonstrated by the constant recycling of Atlantic Lithosphere pushing North and South America farther away from Europe and closer to Asia inch by inch. But we're not talking about that, we're talking about one specific point on a grid off the Western Coast of Cuba so there should be some sort of data to support these assertions right?

Given that it is not therefore implausible that the site may be much younger and the current depth may be due to more than simply post glacial sea rise, of course the opposite is true in northern europe were the land is rising, not by as much (yet) but over a very large area at differential rate's, norway is rising faster than the north of scotland for example (southern england is actually sinking like the other end of a child's see-saw, the mediterean is actually sinking or getting deeper in part due to the pressure of the mediteranean sea itself (some think this is also indicitative of a younger age for that sea as well and there is the hole isthmus of gibralter idea and the folk legend's of the greek's with there clashing rock's (collapsing isthmus) sylla (the vicious current) and caribdis (the whirlpool that devoured ship's) though this may also be a folk memory of the black sea flood which were incorporated into there legend's.

That's all fine and good but I'm much more interested in discussing the formations off of the Western coast of Cuba as opposed to being completely out of breath running laps aroubnd the field to try and find the goal posts amidst a sea of distractions and diversions from the actual topic at hand.

The ultimate truth is that we are all grasping at straw's though I believe firmly it is a ruin and as wolfenze pointed out that the balance of the proof is on the side of that as a credible interpretation of the available data

and to answer the idiot comment suggesting intellectual bankruptcy,

Could you point out where I made a statement of that nature? Because you're confusing me with someone else.

well all that I feel like saying is that there is no point arguing with someone that will not use reason so I will leave it there, I am not here to argue but to state the fact's as I know them and to posite my own belief which it so happen's is not in isolation.
No in that vain and not directed at you but collectively at the nay sayers.

Expecting due diligence and proper evidence doesn't make one a naysayer. It means you have fallen short of the proper threshold for actual evidence.

You know how many innocent people have died because of argument's, that did not make those arguement's correct and they were most certainly not scientific so let's be fair it is about public opinion that you nay sayers are collectively arguing, not about the fact's and you are merely here to muddy the water's and deny the available data,

What a steaming pile of dung that was. My position has absolutely nothing to do with public opinion nor am I here to muddy any waters. I'm interested in evidence and in what direction the evidence leads whether it is inb linbe with a preconceived notion or not. 18/19 years ago I was openly mocked and derided by my peers for my position on and research into, Late Pleistocene cohabitation and admixture between HN and HSS. Today it is not just accepted, it is a proven fact. Why? Because the extraordinary claims are supported by even more extraordinary and exceptional evidence.

continued-

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I can't argue with any facts because you have failed to substantiate your assertions with facts that prove your case. You're running a relay race from the Marianas Trench to Scotland, Finland and the Pacific Ring of Fire back to isostatic rebound and magical proto-continents. Speculation? Conjecture? Hyperbole? In spades. Proof? Not so much. If any tangible evidence was demonstrated, I'd happily change my tune but I'm sure as hell not going to apologize for having high standards and expectations for evidence. You claim I'm just here to muddy water and deny available data and that's pure unadulterated poop. I think the key part of your assertion about my intentions for posting in this thread is AVAILABLE DATA You don't have enough data to reach the conclusions you have come to.

if your fact's are provable then provide data, prove that there has not been subduction in the region, here is some interesting data that may suggest there HAS been.

You should know better than to make such an asinine statement. In science, we do not prove a negative, you can only demonstrate evidence and proof of a positive. The default position is to utilize Occam's Razor. In this case, it is there has not been proof of anything supporting your position that this is a magical city that somehow survived a landslide that deposited an entire city 2000 feet if the event occurred after the LGM or 1600 feet if your alleged event occurred during the LGM. The onus does not lie on myself, Marduk, Phage or anyone else attempting to bring reason into play here. It lies on those making the extraordinary claims without the requisite extraordinary evidence to support said supposition.
If subduction occurred that recently off the western tip of Cuba, it would be very clear to see in the geological record. This would be the easiest of your claims to support and consequently, easy to demonstrate this as a factual event.

Now bare in mind that these do not take into account the other factor's and that there is also the continental tilt theory, the plates as you know are like raft's that float on top of the magma (ok the magma is only viscous fluid but as the density of steel under that pressure but you get the general drift of the argument) and the older pacific place has potential thicker regions including failed continent's and proto continent's that never formed or sank back after becoming becalmed in the early earth's geological activity and that the south american plate may be riding over the remain's of a proto continent while it's easter seaboard is by contrast bordered by the much thinner atlantic crust.

And another basket of woo for the fluff n' buff casserole. served up hot and fresh for the true believers. The pacific Lithosphere is not, to my knowledge, thicker or older than the Atlantic Lithosphere with both shoing a maximum 170-180ish MA. and the rest appears to be little more than non sequitur from my vantage point. It's a lot of conjecture and supposition and offers nothing in the way opf actual evidence to support your position. Seriously... can you how anysort of a citation demonstrating

Indeed it is not only possible but factual that the entire continental shelf of both the America's and Africa/Europe was indeed once dry land at a much higher altitude so what our argument is about is the time line of rising and falling, how the geomorphological process can affect that and what affect the glacial and post glacial sea level's also had on it as well as there affect on subcrustal magmatic displacement and regional crustal pressure differential's.

That's a whole lot of what if's and even more woo right there. If the above statement is, as you claim, factual, then surely you can support said claims with appropriate citations demonstrating a rough timeline established by geologists, right? I'm not saying you're entirely wrong. Parts of western N. America were once sea floor as were the peaks of the Himalayas. Nobody is going to argue that world wide, the geology is not a constantly shifting, almost living, phenomena. However, there is a great deal of physical evidence that supports my two examples. The possibility of this being the case for the Caribbean also, is not in question. There are, if memory is working in my favor, 5ish plate boundaries in the region. The N. American plate, S. American plate, Caribbean plate, Nazca plate and the Cocos Plate and perhaps a couple of smaller ones. I'm just seeing a lot of hyperbolic, conjecture fueled speculation that's a little light on supporting facts. Just because something is possible doesn't necessarily mean it actually ccurrewd.

And what the implication's for a site such as this may be, it actually could be much, much younger even than the current estimate's if Zelitsky's own idea of a massive land slide could be proven though I see no evidence to directly back that up though landslide's do indeed happen just as often under water as above it and indeed our nation's may be devestated by one in the near future.

I'm glad to see that you acknowledge that there isn't any supporting data as yet to indicate that a land slide took place. There is even less evidence of this bein

The canary island's have been tilted so that it is essentially only geological friction which is holding a massive area of rock from simply sliding into the atlantic, if and WHEN it does it will cause a tsunami that will devestate the coast of many nation's, utterly devestate Ireland and Britain if the estimates are correct and wipe out the US eastern seaboard city's?.
www.lapalma-tsunami.com...

Not quite the same but of course if it stayed intact anyone looking at the sunken ruin's that will remain on it would wonder how they got down into the depth's of the ocean if they looked at it in the future with no knowledge of the event?.

Ok...I'll play along for a moment here, but let me ask you this... If there was such a massive land slide, in more recent history, and we're skipping over the impossibility of man made structures existing in this particular location because the coordinates in question were still 1600 ft below sea level during the LGM, how did these structures survive such a devastating geological upheaval and maintain their orientation and structural integrity in such a remarkable state of preservation? Because on the side scan sonar (or is it an artistic rendering?), I will agree that there is certainly the appearance of 3 pyramidal structures in a very neat, straight row. But if there was such a catastrophic event that dry land slid 1600 feet below the waves, how the hell did the special orientation maintain its integrity? How diud these "pyramids" maintain relative structural integrity? Because you can't have it both ways. It's either a miracle city that lies at a depth that hasnt been dry land since the Ionian stage of the Pleistocene or structures landed there after an episode of catastrophic upheaval. The former is imnpossible bewcause of the depth in which the "site" rests, the latter is impossible because theres no way those alleged structures maintasined that degree of integrity after the magnitude ofan event that would have dropped the "city" into its current location and depth.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You are confused. No submersible was involved with Jes Alexander's find (which you linked). That was based on Google Earth imagery. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry phage I got mix up .. from a different site I thought you were referring too

MY BAD

you were talking about to so called claim Caribbean Site instead of the Cuban Site

yeah with Jes Alexander.. Showing that image ..
a mess load of Compression Loss ( pixllated )

as I said before using that same type of Imagery on mars
as a few claim it shows ancient cities and Agriculture type shapes .. LOL !!

although i see this a little interesting .. on the Page

supposed image

MP: Is it true that the exploration was inspired by a reported sighting from a plane window by Earnest Hemingway’s brother? What’s the full story there?

JA: That’s true. In 1954, Ernest Hemingway’s brother, Leicester, was on his way from the US to Havana, to meet with his brother, the renown author and war correspondent. At one point, Leicester Hemingway was looking out the airplane window, and claims to have seen, “A city of glistening marble,” below the sea. He then spent the next 40 years of his life trying to find it, again. He never did, but for the latter part of his life, Leicester Hemingway was obsessed with the story of Atlantis.

well .. kinda funny..

Abstracting Atlantis: Scientists Find Evidence of Mayan Underwater City
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 02016SundayfAmerica/Chicago5149 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

At least this reply is more than valid but I still disagree and still believe the balance of the evidence is in favour of this site needing more extensive research and even excavation, all of this is well within the realm's or our capability and even more so as US/Cuban tension relax's though admittedly it would require a joint effort to smooth over any distrust and the involvment of oil industry equipment which is the most suitable for this task.

I can provide hundreds of Anecdotal tales to back up this possibility but they are definitely not proof just claim's as you know.

As for the density of the ocean crust that is correct for as you know that material is far richer in iron while the less dense continental plates are ritcher in aluminium but it is still perilously thin compared to the older pacific plate's and being relatively young bordering an expansion zone which birth the material from which they are formed also less stable, I would even go out on a branch here and claim that there have probably been several mega upheavals of the ocean crust near the mid atlantic ridge and most briefed with the facts would agree that this is likely but throw Atlantis into the story and everyone goes away, we are not arguing it is anything of the sort however and I see atlantis as a myth though I do believe there were several real atlantis around the world such as the sunken city's near Dwarka which are in a state similar to these structures but of course far more easily accessed.

Remember Port Royal on Jamaica for a good example, it was perhaps the largest city in the caribean and a place of great wealth, an earthquake sunk that city and a tsunami finished off most of the survivors, when you are looking at a geologically stable area it is so because it is dormant and calm usually because it has made it's massive shift's in the past, as someone versed in Geology you should also remember that all solid land is actually viewed as a viscious liquid by geology, a liquid that is in constant change through erosion, geo morphology caused by this, tectonic activity and other factors such as vulcanism and it is all seen as flowing toward the sea while new land is often formed by the same process (Except erosion) that are destroying the old land.

Now to humour the Atlantis story remember the Aztec's supposedly had legend's of a homeland that sank into the sea called Aztlan, when Columbo reached Hispaniola as he called Haiti he found a cutlured people and ocean going native ship's yet within a short period of there arrival all that was destroyed, plague they took to the new world as they termed the americas and worse, remember also the great burning of the book's by the arch bishiop De'Landa whom believed it was necessary to destroy there history in order to free the people of the new world of there pagan belief's, great bonfires much like the Nazi's did were built of the book's in a distant echo of the destruction of the library of Alexandria and emperor Chin's destruction of the literature of the seven kingdom's of China.

I will warrent that if I was patently wrong I would accept it and appologize but I actually do BELIEVE that this is an archaeological site, not Atlantis Which is probably thera but whom know's maybe it is Aztlan or a city from it and I also believe there are ruin's near the Canary island's though once again not Atlantis but something far more heretical, the ruin's of a lost chapter in human history.

As for tilting of the Altiplano, well there is a temple in the lake or rather under it, it could only have gotten there if the lake was somewhere else and the whole platau tilted, of course the andes are Geological active and still in upthrust - being formed.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Now if Atlantis had not been thera it still would be unlikely to be in the carbean though and there would still be scant evidence (though there are those that claim Britain and Ireland are Atlantis, honestly I think that preposterous too but it is worth looking at so as not to join the crowd whom simply religiously put thing's down and ignor them.

The area it would have existed therefore is west of Gibraltar and though there are anecdotal tales there is no evidence to back them up, at least non that survived the fall of the soviet union.
Supposedly an expedition in the 1970's lead by a Borris Asturna found evidence of a ruined city 400 miles to the west of Cuba but it got even more bizarre in that he supposedly found ruins made of a superstrong concrete of building's with a plastic like foundation and the remains' of a monorail system and supposedly recovered a statue, like the Log of the Jesmond story this statue has never been seen and it sounded suspiciously like soviet propeganda as well.
perdurabo10.tripod.com...
en.was-this-atlantis.info...
www.nytimes.com...
philipcoppens.com...

Now trying to put a constructive knowledge filter over the new age crap is genuinely near impossible but for me that Structures off cuba look artificial and that is my belief, I do not know what culture they belonged too and I do not have any idea who built them but I believe they are an artificial construction, ancient, weathered and eroded by underwater current's but not natural.

At the very least it could push back Somebody's cultural heritage far earlier than we currently believe, could a neanderthal subspecies for example have achieved far more then we give them credit for in an area of stable weather during the last glacal maximum's over the last 500.000 year's and could there traces be what was lost down there while more primitive tribe's battled the element's on the hinterland's that are now the mainland's of our continent's but were once very far from the sea and very wild with treacherous ice age weather pattern's?.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Now trying to put a constructive knowledge filter over the new age crap is genuinely near impossible but for me that Structures off cuba look artificial and that is my belief, I do not know what culture they belonged too and I do not have any idea who built them but I believe they are an artificial construction, ancient, weathered and eroded by underwater current's but not natural. At the very least it could push back Somebody's cultural heritage far earlier than we currently believe, could a neanderthal subspecies for example have achieved far more then we give them credit for in an area of stable weather during the last glacal maximum's over the last 500.000 year's and could there traces be what was lost down there while more primitive tribe's battled the element's on the hinterland's that are now the mainland's of our continent's but were once very far from the sea and very wild with treacherous ice age weather pattern's?.

Well if it is a Man Made Structures .. Down near Cuba 2,000 feet ...
and proves to be ... just as Manuel Iturralde-Vinent had said in a Video he placed
on his Youtube Channel that its a Possible Man Made
Structure and he would placed that video up in a later date
( which Never Happened LOL )

as Manuel Iturralde-Vinent Director ( explorer) of the Cuban Museum..
has said in one of his Videos

but say nevertheless they are very interesting and unusual submarine images which represent man made structures and will be display in another film to come.

as HE has.. seen the Whole Ocean graphs Side Sonar scans and Videos
and one of the few mentioning it ... and his curiosity of one particular part close to the ending of the video
showing a Plate ( just the corner of it assuming the rest of it is buried in the silt ) shows reflective metallic properties.. ( when the Rover ( ROV ) shines its Light on to it it shines so bright that it all you see is refection
bouncing back disrupting.. the visual.. ( white out )

so what does that mean ..?? Nothing or Something ...

well there something there a large percent of it buried or wedged on a rock..
it possible just something shine metallic that was thrown overboard from some ship..

Who knows ... Im more Curious seeing a cone dome ( pyramid ) on Top of a Cube Shape
that was shown repetitive, a couple of times .. as its very well worn corrosion from underwater currents , maybe ?

isn't there a Ancient Bridge along the So called Sunken City near Cuba .. like the the so called Ancient INDIA's Adams Bridge ??

wasn't there is a big dispute of a Ancient connected walkway connecting the Mainland to Cuba ?

INDIA's Adams Bridge
Adam's Bridge
en.wikipedia.org...

Bimini Road
en.wikipedia.org...

here we go into the Conspiracy Realm's ( LOL )

interesting tho..

OOPARTS
(out of place artifacts)
&
ANCIENT HIGH TECHNOLOGY
--Evidence of Noah's Flood?
www.s8int.com...

hhhhhmmmmm What??

I at heart see a great similarity between our findings under the sea and the structure and characteristics of some monuments of the archaeological zone of Dzibichaltún, asserted the scientist. Our geologist, doctor Manuel Iturralde, an internationally recognized authority in this field, suggested that the recently discovered structures could belong to an island located between Cuba and Yucatan, which was sunk 10,000 or 12,000 years because of a seismic cataclysm.

Dzibichaltún ??

???

Manuel Iturralde, an internationally recognized authority in this field, suggested that the recently discovered structures could belong to an island located between Cuba and Yucatan, which was sunk 10,000 or 12,000 years because of a seismic cataclysm

a Island located between Cuba and Yucatan ?
Yeah ... Ok...?

edit on 12016MondayfAmerica/Chicago5150 by Wolfenz because: my bad wasn't finished

edit on 12016MondayfAmerica/Chicago5150 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The "ruins" found off of Cuba may be something less fascinating than what is proposed in OP... Makes more sense than pyramids/lost city, especially considering the depth at which they are found.... What do ya'll think?

Cuban Underwater "Ruins" May Be Concrete While we hope that the "ruins" reported off the extreme western tip of Cuba are remnants of Atlantis, our research indicates that the formations lying on the 2100-foot bottom may be something else. This area lies near the locations of the Soviet-era guided missile bunkers and concrete platforms that were the critical issue in the 1962 Cuban missile crisis. We believe that the materials on the bottom may be the remains of these bunkers and the storage silos which were quickly dismantled by the Soviets and dumped. Virtually no new information (2004) has been released about the Cuban site, but we remain hopeful that ruins may be identified at the location.

www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Amirkat
The "ruins" found off of Cuba may be something less fascinating than what is proposed in OP... Makes more sense than pyramids/lost city, especially considering the depth at which they are found.... What do ya'll think?

You would think so... but it is brought up in almost every thread on this topic at ATS and they still won't buy it.
Mentioned in this thread already on page 2.

Harte

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Well, that's what I get for thinking! Lol

Thanks Harte for the link to the other post, I didn't have much time for searching earlier... That damn job gets in the way!!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Amirkat
a reply to: Harte

Well, that's what I get for thinking! Lol

Thanks Harte for the link to the other post, I didn't have much time for searching earlier... That damn job gets in the way!!

I don't consider it a transgression at all.
Glad someone continues to point it out.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join