It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Airlines Pilot Encounters An Ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hello,
long time no see. I didn't post here for a while but this is important news.
Today it was a highlight in Turkey that a pilot claimed they saw an Ufo and there is a recording.
He says that they saw a green light above, which disappeared quickly and in the recording he useses the term Ufo. The link: www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

with turkish subtitle (maybe there is someone better in english who can translate): www.youtube.com...

It is Turkish unfortunately, but he says simply that there was a green light above them which just flew very quickly and then just disappeared.
I find it particularly interesting because me and my friends saw last week in Istanbul an Ufo during daylight. There was a stationary light during daytime, and I saw a moving orb very close to it. Both the light and the orb disappeared after a couple of minutes. I dont know if they are related, but such a pilot record is very very rare here.
I hope we will find more information soon. (By the way the location of the plane is very close to Istanbul, it is Silivri)
edit on 20-5-2016 by deccal because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2016 by deccal because: typo.. grammar..

edit on 20-5-2016 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deccal

None of the video links are loading.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Really.. it is working by me.. I dont know why not working..

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

links are working for me, but it doesmt show anything ufo related!

the third one down looks like a sim flight?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

links are working for me, but it doesmt show anything ufo related!

the third one down looks like a sim flight?

yes there is no video, only voice recording of the pilot..

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

“An unidentified object with green lights passed 2 to 3,000 feet above us. Then it disappeared all of a sudden. We are guessing that it was a UFO,” the two pilots told the Air Traffic Control Center at Istanbul’s Atatürk Airport.

Source in English

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Just checked again and it's still saying "there's a problem with the video, tap to reload"... Probably something on my end.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not to discredit this post as I am a advocate of the unknown and wish to know more.

I did find once however about spposdly green flash that can be seen when the sun reaches a certain point you can see a green type light, not sure if it is a flash like light but maybe it is natural occurrence.

Green flashes and green rays are optical phenomena that sometimes occur right after sunset or right before sunrise. When the conditions are right, a green spot is visible above the upper rim of the disk of the sun. The green appearance usually lasts for no more than a second or two. Rarely, the green flash can resemble a green ray shooting up from the sunset (or sunrise) point.

Sounds like you and the flight was talking about day however not sunset or sunrise.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Basic information is missing -- date/time [in GMT, not 'local'], direction of object motion, estimate of angular speed, and angular size, you know, really fundamental information.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Basic information is missing -- date/time [in GMT, not 'local'], direction of object motion, estimate of angular speed, and angular size, you know, really fundamental information.

I will try to answer as far as I know: "The unidentified object was spotted when the plane was flying at around 17,000 feet at around 11:30 p.m. on May 19, according to the pilots."
The pilot says the light was about 2000 or 3000 feet above. There was no sign on radar.
They were flying from Bodrum to İstanbul. Sighting occured in Silivri, a close district to Istanbul

I will add more info if I get it..

Sources:
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
www.aljazeera.com.tr...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Not to discredit this post as I am a advocate of the unknown and wish to know more.

I did find once however about spposdly green flash that can be seen when the sun reaches a certain point you can see a green type light, not sure if it is a flash like light but maybe it is natural occurrence.

Green flashes and green rays are optical phenomena that sometimes occur right after sunset or right before sunrise. When the conditions are right, a green spot is visible above the upper rim of the disk of the sun. The green appearance usually lasts for no more than a second or two. Rarely, the green flash can resemble a green ray shooting up from the sunset (or sunrise) point.

Sounds like you and the flight was talking about day however not sunset or sunrise.

I saw the light during the day but both the pilot saw it around 11:30 PM.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Good start, thank you!!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hi guys. Interesting sighting. Sadly theres very little useful info in the links.. or is there?

Basically on the turkish border a airliner saw a green colored "light" (like what kinda light? An aircraft with green beacons or strobes? A green streak like a comet or exhaust? Just a green orb?) Fly by very fast (define very fast. Like high subsonic or transonic? Supersonic? Hypersonic? Ludicrous speed?) At roughly 20k altitude. Wait! No sound at [oops]? No s##t! Thats interesting. Also howed they estimate that altitude for the object? Might the object be bigger and higher than they thought, but due to luminosity seemed closer?

Its interesting to note its on the turkish border. Know what else is on the turkish border? Syria....and a bunch of russians. You know what would love to keep tabs on that whole mess? The USA.

It would be interesting if they mention noise or lack thereof. If the ufo was going supersonic + and there was no boom that could be noteworthy too.

Did I read that whatever this bright object was failed to show up on radar? Isnt that something?

So entering (or leaving?) turkish airspace from the north west on a vector that goes between syria and the UK...where the usa gets to keep some notable assets.

Anyhoo,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Didnt iran a while ago also mention a swift bright green unknown aircraft flying over their sensitive sights?

As an aside? Hey aviation forum gang. You think our lady of green is in the uk right now? Good for Ukraine and syria. Georgia/alabama = africa? Montreal = transit to uk? California = to guam for north asia, or coming home?

Anyways, ill be going now.
edit on 21-5-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I was going suggest if this was a sighting of the 'green lady' .. You beat me to it though

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I was going suggest if this was a sighting of the 'green lady' .. You beat me to it though

Green who?!? What?!? I know not what you speak off!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This man on the video claims he photographed the green light while he was taking pictures of his daughter in paragliding. There are some pictures of a green dot.. www.haberturk.com...

Pictures are taken at the same day a couple of hours ago, around Bodrum where the plain took off..

top topics

join